ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What are the "must have" shows from the 2002-03 Tour? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-30-03 07:50 PM
KeithRichards210 Ft. Lauderdale is definitely one of the better shows I've heard of the tour. And being there sure didn't hurt either..
12-30-03 07:56 PM
Jumping Jack Joe I had a hunch there'd be tons of shows listed. I'm paying most attention to the ones with little comments after them. My personal faves are the first two Chicago shows (UC and Comiskey).........of course that's because I was actually at those two shows. Plus the decent sound quality is a plus.
12-30-03 08:32 PM
midnightmagic Let's face it they are all good. Especially if you where there. I do belive they will do it again sometime, but some one needs to tell them that they do not need to stress over things as the stage, t-shirts, video on the screen-Do not hire any body to make it a spectacle. Ya know all they need for us are Arena style shows with a stage and speakers. Fuck the other shit! don't stress. Mick just do it like the beggining.
12-31-03 12:30 AM
glencar Yes, Gazza, I was at MGM show in 2002. It was killer!
01-01-04 04:10 PM
Gazza I dont think anybody mentioned the first Wembley show from 29/8.

I thought it was every bit as great as the Astoria, even though it wasnt a club show.
01-01-04 04:12 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont think anybody mentioned the first Wembley show from 29/8.

I thought it was every bit as great as the Astoria, even though it wasnt a club show.

I actually found it a better show then astoria, but I have no idea of the sound quality of the existing boot

rik
01-01-04 04:22 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yeah you are right, from bercy there is 1 recording, hm a russian label, wich used my photos (the worst ones) for the artwork, I really hope someday there will come a better one. IF you listen to it really good, you'll hear it was a great show!
Marko, do you mean for Vredenburg the Ratlesnake releases?

rik

is this the one you are referring to? I thought the pics looked familiar...

Old Bastards Records...

source info I received:

Old Bastard Records

Sound Quality: Very Good Audience

Bercy Pop, Paris, France July 7, 2003

CD 1: Street Fighting Man/It's Only Rock 'n' Roll/If You Can't Rock Me/Don't Stop/Rocks Off/Love In Vain/Live With Me/Monkey Man/Midnight Rambler/Tumbling Dice

CD 2: Thru And Thru/Happy/Start Me Up/Can't You Hear Me Knocking/Jumpin' Jack Flash/Mannish Boy/You Got Me Rocking/Brown Sugar/Satisfaction
01-01-04 04:26 PM
Moonisup YES!
the front is mine, and the back too. I believe also the backside of the back is mine, I have it here somewhere,
As Marko already said, the quality of the boot doesn't match the great performance of the band!

Rik
01-01-04 04:36 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
YES!
the front is mine, and the back too. I believe also the backside of the back is mine, I have it here somewhere,
As Marko already said, the quality of the boot doesn't match the great performance of the band!

Rik

oh well - I look forward to hearing the show...

there was a guy from Japan (I believe) who was offering up clones of his DAT from the Bercy show, but he kinda disappeared after making the offer. He said his tape was different from the one that circulates (which is what I assume sources the aforementioned boot).
01-02-04 01:59 AM
MononoM
quote:
Jumping Jack Joe wrote:
I've been doing a lot of trading lately and I'd like to know what you all consider to be the best shows from the 2002-03 tour. I don't need a copy of every single show but I'd like to get as many good shows as possible. What do you guys consider to be the best as far as sound quality and set lists?

just get all off them
01-02-04 04:45 PM
mac_daddy you are right about that Bercy source - great show, less than average recording...

this just appeared on my radar screen. it sure looks tasty - I will let you know...

The Rolling Stones
Veterans Stadium
Philadelphia, PA
18 Sept. 2002

oade stealth mics->d8
recorded from the field, in between the 2 rear repeaters. outstanding quality. stick with it, sound quality degrades when asshole security guard made us move. we came back after a song and the rest of the show is fine.

Brown Sugar - It's Only Rock'n'Roll - Start Me Up - Don't Stop - Tumbling Dice - Undercover - Wild Horses - You Can't Always Get What You Want - Midnight Rambler - Love Train - Slippin' Away - Before They Make Me Run - Sympathy For The Devil - You Got Me Rocking - Let It Bleed -Like A Rolling Stone - Gimme Shelter - Honky Tonk Women - Street Fighting Man - Jumping Jack Flash - Satisfaction
Page: 1 2