ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith building a new home in Caribbean (SSC) Return to archive
12-28-03 02:08 PM
Monkey Woman From Stonesdoug at Shidoobee:

http://pub6.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=6886.topic

PROVIDENCIALES, Turks & Caicos Islands -- Sometimes you find a charm bracelet under a blue moon. The Turks and Caicos Islands connect like that. Nearly 40 islands and cays between the Bahamas and Haiti make up the Turks & Caicos, and only eight of them are inhabited. The tiny islands glitter with promise and glisten with memories.

Locals believe that in 1492 Christopher Columbus made his first landing here at Grand Turk, instead of the more popularly accepted Cat Island in the south Bahamas. The Turks & Caicos region is known for its crystal clear coral reefs and legacy of salt.

Singer-songwriter Jimmy Buffett's grandfather was a sailor around Salt Cay, now a nearly abandoned island where salt sheds still stand. James Buffett skippered a five-masted barkentine named Chicamauga from Pascagoula, Miss. He ran salt from Turks & Caicos to New Orleans. Salty Rolling Stone Keith Richards is building a home in Turks & Caicos. Actor Bruce Willis already has a place here.

----------

Now the thing to do would be a Rolling Stones Islands Cruise, with stops in Jamaica, Mustique and Turks & Caicos! We could also throw in the Bahamas and Barbados as they have recorded there... Harder to organize than a London Stones tour but way more exotic!!!
12-28-03 02:37 PM
throbby Salt Cay was very sparsely inhabited in 1983. There is a very beautiful white sand beach on one side of the island. When I was there it was quite quaint and sported the most beautiful sunsets I had ever seen. The island is very small and the people extremely friendly. We were guests in one of the local houses there. Very fond memories indeed.
12-28-03 07:17 PM
gotdablouse I wish Keith would focus on writing some songs instead of building a new home in that spot, isn't his house in Jamaica enough...
12-28-03 09:06 PM
glencar I hate that he's going to be so near to Jimmy Buffet. Could this be the end of the world as we know it? Yes, I think it's coming.
12-29-03 10:38 PM
full moon Write some songs sounds great.........
12-29-03 11:39 PM
sandrew Blouse, I thought the same thing: How's about buildin' a new album for the first time in 7 years!
12-30-03 06:22 AM
corgi37 Mmmm, a home in the Caribbean. Was a role model for lead characte in Pirates of the Caribbean. Dont tell me he and new best buddy Johnny Depp are gonna play sword fights in their spare time. Is there room for a 5 string tele and a Gibson 335 in a scurvy ridden heap of wood? Aha me mateys, chord change at 5 o'clock.
12-30-03 11:51 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Mmmm, a home in the Caribbean.

I can't say as I blame him. He must not like these NE winters either. Being English, he probably can't take it. I know I can't
12-31-03 08:13 AM
prism Keith's wife doesn't like Jamaica. Maybe he's building the Turk house for her so he can write songs alone with his buddies in Jamaica.
12-31-03 09:43 AM
glencar Why doesn't she like Jamaica?
01-01-04 07:30 PM
SHINE A LIGHT because he's always so busy there, not at home enough. i think this new home will be a good thing.....musically and everything else-wise.
01-02-04 07:49 AM
Monkey Woman First time i hear Patti doesn't like Jamaica. But then, it can be a dangerous place.
01-02-04 10:23 AM
SHINE A LIGHT MW, i really don't think it's so much the "danger" aspect of keith's home in antigua, it's more the lack of privacy. many people have found their way to his home there, including very intrusive photographers......keith was caught by one photog. coming from a nude swim. his pic was then plastered everywhere, including playgirl.
01-02-04 10:40 AM
prism Keith plans to visit his home in Jamaica, which is a much more serious home to him than the Turk islands where he vacations with family. I think he likes to keep his recording environment separate from vacation environment. That's why he calls his basement recording studio in Connecticut his own private "Hell". It's an L-shaped room called 'ell, his sanctuary where family isn't always allowed.
01-02-04 10:52 AM
glencar He has a home in Antigua too?
01-02-04 10:56 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oh yes, for MANY years!!
01-02-04 10:58 AM
glencar So he has one in CT, one in Redlands, one in Antigua, one in Jamaica & now he's building one in T & C? It looks like we can figure out where the high ticket prices are coming from!
01-02-04 12:20 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
So he has one in CT, one in Redlands, one in Antigua, one in Jamaica & now he's building one in T & C? It looks like we can figure out where the high ticket prices are coming from!

LOL. Well as they say "you gotta make hay while the sun shines".
01-02-04 12:51 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
SHINE A LIGHT wrote:
MW, i really don't think it's so much the "danger" aspect of keith's home in antigua, it's more the lack of privacy. many people have found their way to his home there, including very intrusive photographers......keith was caught by one photog. coming from a nude swim. his pic was then plastered everywhere, including playgirl.

There is that too. That pic hit the Internet pretty quickly. Not as "juicy" as the Paris Hilton vid but X-rated as well!
01-02-04 04:47 PM
SHINE A LIGHT MW, i think he looks lovely, towel-drying his hair.....not that i've EVER looked at it!! and certainly not that i have it in my sweater drawer!!
01-02-04 09:25 PM
gotdablouse For some reason I came across these pics the other day...if they aren't fakes, I don't think Keith thought the photographers were intruding...

Jamaica is a very dangerous place, just ask Anita who spent some quality time in a jail there in early 1973...according to Tony Sanchez!
01-02-04 09:30 PM
SHINE A LIGHT agreed, keith in fact had no idea he was being photographed, they hid in the bushes on the other side of his pier and they captured him coming out from a swim.

agreed, also about the manner in which anita was abused in a jamaican prison.....very brutal indeed!!
01-03-04 08:33 AM
glencar No matter where they live, long lensed paparazzi will get to them. There are recent pictures of Rebecca Gayheart nude that I plan on checking out.
01-03-04 08:36 AM
glencar For those interested: http://people.freenet.de/pinkie/rebecca/TheRock-RebeccaGayheart-ToplessBeach-005.jpg