ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STP "Thank You" DVD Set Return to archive
12-26-03 12:10 PM
Factory Girl How good is the dvd on this set?? I'm thinking of getting it only for the dvd! TIA!

PS. Any Live Libertines out there??? PM with the info!!

Happy HoHos everyone!!!
12-26-03 02:10 PM
crb69 The bonus DVD is real good. You get videos, live shots and even bootleg videos. The bootleg stuff is audience shot quality and really only for the die hard fan but the rest of the stuff is good and plenty of it. I like the band and was introduced to some of the newer songs on the video section DVD cause those tunes were not included on the CD. So between the CD & DVD you pretty much get the cream of the STP crop...
12-26-03 02:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm fixin' to head down to the basement to watch the live stuff. I watched the videos last night. The videos are OK, fairly run of the mill. The songs are pretty good though. I liked the Chili Peppers videos better. They were much more interesting visually.

I'll let you know what I think of the live stuff later. Yeah, like anyone cares what I think. LOL!
12-26-03 11:54 PM
full moon awesome set.......
12-27-03 12:00 AM
KeithRichards210 This DVD is a must-have for any STP fan. Two words:
GET IT!!!!!!!!!
12-27-03 11:46 AM
Sir Stonesalot I watched the live and bootleg stuff last night.

I'm sorry that I never made the effort to catch them live.

Good stuff. What a big fat sound they had. Very tight unit. Weiland needs to lay off the Thin White Duke Bowie schtick though. He was much more believable with the purple hair.
12-28-03 01:15 PM
Factory Girl Weiland needs to lay off smack.
12-28-03 06:43 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Weiland needs to lay off smack.

Damn right. What a waste of talent. When Scott was clean, it was hard to beat these guys. Now he's busy fucking up Velvet Revolver.
12-29-03 07:28 AM
Factory Girl A smacked out lead singer (no matter how great) will bring down a band everytime. See my avatar.
12-30-03 04:04 PM
Boomy
quote:
KeithRichards210 wrote:

Now he's busy fucking up Velvet Revolver.

Ahh, don't worry about it, KR. The album comes out on April 27th (yes, if Scott did not screw up, it would be released earlier).

At the VR board I frequent, I saw a post from Slash's website that states that the new album will most likely be called "Contraband", which, funnily enough, Scott Weiland supposedly came up with after getting in trouble with contraband!!!!

The album is done, has been mixed in NY, and now until April 27th they will be doing promo's (tour's in Japan, Europe, other stuff........when the album is released in the US, they will tour here).
12-30-03 04:28 PM
KeithRichards210 Thanks for the update, Boomy.
12-30-03 04:45 PM
headshrinker whats stp???
12-30-03 04:52 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
headshrinker wrote:
whats stp???

Stone Temple Pilots. Formerly known as Mighty Joe Young, and Shirley Temple's Pussy before cooler heads prevailed..