ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

"I can't write if something has no mystery for me. The Stones didn't"
"The Stones are first rate. I personally prefer them on record"
Truman Capote 1924 - 1984
© 1973 Annie Leibovitz from "Sunday with Mister C."
An audio-documentary by Andy Warhol, starring Truman Capote and featuring Mick Jagger

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document Return to archive
12-21-03 10:01 AM
exilestones@netscape I got a copy of Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document. This is the best 1973 by far! I would like to trade a copy for the London Astoria Ace of Clubs. I was unable to get in the tree. Make my Christmas!

Thanks!
12-24-03 08:56 AM
exilestones@netscape Merry Christmas
12-25-03 03:29 AM
exilestones@netscape

> EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document
>
>Hi Everyone,
>
>Thanks for all of your contributions to this group. Now I have a few
>things to offer. For now here is the Stones "EUROPE 1973: The
>Ultimate Live Document". You may have these tracks but I assure you
>not in this perfect quality and not this great live album.
>
>These tracks were put together with the utmost care and scrutiny.
>This is an awesome line up. This live Stones album rocks like no
>other live album by anybody, ever. It kicks ass from start to
>finish.
>
>This has not be released anywhere before. Please spread it around to
>share the groove.
>
>There are no covers for this rockin' CD. Would someone make some
>cool covers? Please use only photos from 1973.
>
>
>EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document
>
>Brown Sugar (Rotterdam)
>Gimme Shelter (London)
>Happy (London)
>Tumbling Dice (Brussels)
>Star Fucker (New Castle)
>Angie (Brussels)
>You Cant't Always Get What You Want (Brussels)
>Mr. D. (London)
>Heartbreaker (edit)(London)
>Midnight Rambler (Brussels)
>Honky Tonk (Brussels)
>All Down The Line (Brussels)
>Rip This Joint (Brussels)
>Jumping Jack Flash (Brussels)
>Street Fighting Man (London)
>
>Enjoy!
>
>
>
>If you love EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document then check out
>the other two tours from 1973 with much different set lists:
>
>"All Meat Music" Nicaraguan Benefit Concert 1973
>"Rocks Off" Perth, Australia 1973

12-25-03 09:56 AM
mac_daddy I see someone has been to StG

dont miss the alt Sticky Fingers that is up there now...

fwiw - I am sending the FLACs of all the Rocks Off trees to someone who will get them up on the Groove. So dont despair - if noone answers your trade requests, I promise all of these shows will be swarming soon...

oh and fwiw - the Ultimate Europe 73 surprised me, too - it is the best sounding European 73 document I have found to date.

merry xmas.
12-25-03 04:06 PM
exilestones@netscape I agree "Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document" is by far the best live Stones boot or better yet the best live boot and the best rocking album ever. These got to be master tapes from the vaults. People think they have this stuff in great shape now....well not even close.

I got one mailed to me. I think it's better to have a direct copy than to download?

Still willing to trade.
12-25-03 04:14 PM
Moonisup you should get "brussels affair"
12-25-03 04:26 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
you should get "brussels affair"

no, have it.
12-25-03 07:22 PM
mac_daddy ultimate 73 sounds cleaner - different mix (defintely more Keith) ---- compared to Brussels Affair

I had never heard it before the other week, and I thought I had heard them all...
12-26-03 10:34 AM
exilestones@netscape I have Brussels Affair. It's a classic but Europe 1973:the ultimate live document has much better sound and many better tracks. The wenmbly Street Fighting Man, Happy and Mr D are much better versions. Brown Sugar from Rotterdam is better, etc... Not to mention much better sound here. I agree this is the Ultimate 1973 you guys should tree it. Thanks for the tip!
12-27-03 07:15 PM
balk Is this a true Silver FActory pressed CD or a CD-R copy compiled by someone?!?!
12-28-03 07:15 AM
Moonisup the Rattlesnake version has 2 cd's with all the tracks you mention on disk 2
12-28-03 08:05 AM
mac_daddy I know all of the tracks have been released before - I have the RS Brussels Affair (DE), also Timeless, Nasty, and the others (and from the silvers). I am telling you that this "Ultimate" set has a different mix than any of the aforementioned titles...

this is not the most detailed info, but it is what came with my set...

EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of your contributions to this group. Now I have a few things to offer. For now here is the Stones "EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document". You may have these tracks but I assure you not in this perfect quality and not this great live album.

These tracks were put together with the utmost care and scrutiny. This is an awesome line up. This live Stones album rocks like no other live album by anybody, ever. It kicks ass from start to finish.

This has not be released anywhere before. Please spread it around to share the groove.

There are no covers for this rockin' CD. Would someone make some cool covers? Please use only photos from 1973.

EUROPE 1973: The Ultimate Live Document

Brown Sugar (Rotterdam)
Gimme Shelter (London)
Happy (London)
Tumbling Dice (Brussels)
Star Fucker (New Castle)
Angie (Brussels)
You Cant't Always Get What You Want (Brussels)
Mr. D. (London)
Heartbreaker (edit)(London)
Midnight Rambler (Brussels)
Honky Tonk (Brussels)
All Down The Line (Brussels)
Rip This Joint (Brussels)
Jumping Jack Flash (Brussels)
Street Fighting Man (London)

Enjoy!
12-28-03 08:12 AM
Mathijs sounds an awfull lot like Europe 73 by VGP. Check www.stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl for the complete story on this boot.

Mathijs
12-28-03 08:38 AM
mac_daddy I agree, M...

I have not heard that VGP title to compare - is it a markedly different mix from Brussels Affair (DE), Timeless, or Nasty Music?

12-28-03 11:08 AM
exilestones@netscape "the Rattlesnake version has 2 cd's with all the tracks you mention on disk 2" + "sounds an awfull lot like Europe 73 by VGP. Check www.stonesinreview.tiscaliweb.nl for the complete story on this boot."

This is not Rattlesnake or VGP. It is much better. The track listing is different and the quality and some mixes are different.

Actually listen to "Europe 1973: The Ultimate Live Document" and then compare it to other discs. Here is the long and short of the story on "Europe 1973: The Ultimate Live Document": It has the very best Europe 1973 tracks in the very best sound. It's better than any pervious release. It's that simple. Tree the fucker!!!
12-29-03 08:04 AM
stewed & Keefed Hi Exile,

If you still want to trade let me know.
12-30-03 05:22 AM
Jumping Jack E-mail me at [email protected]
12-31-03 12:56 PM
exilestones@netscape stewed & Keefed,

If you wan to trade then just e-mail me.
01-01-04 01:33 PM
mac_daddy just found coverart for this set, but there is no additional info (other than what has been posted in this thread) regarding the sources...

covers are on a private site, so an img link will not work...

any ideas of how to post them here..?
01-01-04 04:21 PM
Lil Brian Exile-
Sorry I don't have ACE OF CLUBS but just recieved Brussels Affair Definitive and can't get it out of my CD player.
If the ULTIMATE sounds better... Care to trade?
Lil Brian [email protected]

01-02-04 04:13 AM
Stonefarker I have VGP's Europe '73, Brussels Affair and this new "Europe '73 - The Ultimate", and I can say that it is a slightly different mix. However, being a different mix doesn't necessarily mean it is an upgrade in sound quality! I think alot of people believe a new "mix" means an upgrade on the "old" version. Definately Tumbling Dice on "The Ultimate" version sounds a bit better as previous versions have a loud bass sound throughout - here the guitars are levelled slightly better, but at first listen it's sounds as good as the VGP version.
Mind you I haven't FULLY disected/compared each version, this is simply my opinion on my first listen....

BTW - I think the Brussels version of Brown Sugar is superb!

Stonefarker.
01-02-04 06:21 AM
Lil Brian Excellent post, Stonefarker. I love Rocks Off.
01-02-04 09:14 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Stonefarker wrote:
I have VGP's Europe '73, Brussels Affair and this new "Europe '73 - The Ultimate", and I can say that it is a slightly different mix. However, being a different mix doesn't necessarily mean it is an upgrade in sound quality! I think alot of people believe a new "mix" means an upgrade on the "old" version. Definately Tumbling Dice on "The Ultimate" version sounds a bit better as previous versions have a loud bass sound throughout - here the guitars are levelled slightly better, but at first listen it's sounds as good as the VGP version.
Mind you I haven't FULLY disected/compared each version, this is simply my opinion on my first listen....

BTW - I think the Brussels version of Brown Sugar is superb!

Stonefarker.

I agree with everything you said, but in this case, different does mean better (to these ears, anyway).
01-02-04 12:39 PM
corvonero After hearing this gem i decided that the disc should not be laying somewhere waiting for artwork ... so i decided to do one myself.
Nothing fancy or professional, but it satisfies (me al least).

If you want to give it a try you can download it at this link http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lorenzo_siva/files/eu73art.zip

Lorenzo
01-02-04 12:51 PM
exilestones@netscape I can get to the cover art load http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lorenzo_s...les/eu73art.zip

access denied.

you can't really compare "Brussels Affair" to "Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document" since they aren't the same.

Brussels Brown Sugar may be excellent but Rotterdam is better. All of the tracks on "Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document" are the best Europe 1973 tracks. Mr D, Street Fighting Man and Happy are better performances than Brussels.

I never liked the "Definitive Brussels" because the tracks are chopped closely at the ends and crammed together.

"Europe 1973:The Ultimate Live Document" is free and the best I've found but if you'd rather play Brussels than go ahead.
01-02-04 12:57 PM
mac_daddy I have the artwork, I just need a place to post it...

c - I would love to see your cover work, but I get the "forbidden" message, too.
01-02-04 01:05 PM
exilestones@netscape Stonefarker wrote:

"I have VGP's Europe '73, Brussels Affair and this new "Europe '73 - The Ultimate", and I can say that it is a slightly different mix. However, being a different mix doesn't necessarily mean it is an upgrade in sound quality! I think alot of people believe a new "mix" means an upgrade on the "old" version. Definately Tumbling Dice on "The Ultimate" version sounds a bit better as previous versions have a loud bass sound throughout - here the guitars are levelled slightly better, but at first listen it's sounds as good as the VGP version.
Mind you I haven't FULLY disected/compared each version, this is simply my opinion on my first listen.... "

Compare each track with with other boots, "Europe '73", "Nasty Music", etc.. It's when you A/B each track you notice a stunning difference in amny of the tracks and find out "Europe 1973:The Ulitmate Live Document" is the ultimate live document. Looking forward to your report.

01-02-04 01:11 PM
corvonero
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
I would love to see your cover work, but I get the "forbidden" message, too.

the link works (i checked it out) but it's on a small and badly served server ... if there are too much requests it gives an access denied error ... please try later

lorenzo

p.s try right clicking on the link http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lorenzo_siva/files/eu73art.zip and choose save target as ... it's working for me
[Edited by corvonero]
01-02-04 02:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
corvonero wrote:

try right clicking on the link http://xoomer.virgilio.it/lorenzo_siva/files/eu73art.zip and choose save target as ... it's working for me

that works like a charm! thanks.
01-02-04 10:22 PM
exilestones@netscape
oh, Right Click on the link.

code:
Great covers!