ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: LICKS may be biggest tour ever Return to archive
01-07-03 09:26 AM
lucasd4 This one's for JB and everyone else who thinks this tour is a bust or that it's not doing as well as McCartney's tour did...According to Pollstar, Paul's North American tour grossed $103 million and the Stones grossed $88 million...Paul's American tour is over, but the Stones still have a way to go...in fact, they have 15 shows left...just do the math....they've played 35 shows so far and grossed $88 million...that's 2.5 mill per show....With 15 shows left, they should add another 35+ million to that...total gross should be over 120 million...that's what VOODOO LOUNGE did in North America and it's the biggest tour of all time....worst case scenario--LICKS is the second biggest North American tour of all time...either way, the Stones will hold the number 1 and 2 spots for all-time top grossing tours...are you listening, JB????????
01-07-03 09:34 AM
jb Yes..and I find it interesting that you, as opposed to Cohl, made this announcement.
01-07-03 09:48 AM
lucasd4
quote:
jb wrote:
Yes..and I find it interesting that you, as opposed to Cohl, made this announcement.

How can Cohl make the statement, moron??...the tour isn't over yet....the announcement will come when the American leg ends...thanks for adding further credence to my assertion that you are clueless
01-07-03 09:53 AM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
01-07-03 01:51 PM
egon you're talking money and of course in that respect they'll be no 1 at the end of the tour.
that's easy with the high ticket prices

i would like to see a top 5 of best attended bands/artists...

01-07-03 01:56 PM
jb Springsteen(16,500 average), Macca, Cher, Stones
01-07-03 02:08 PM
Monkey Woman And don't forget that Macca's average tix price is a good $10 higher than the Stones's ($130 vs $119). In terms of popularity, Dave Matthews Band comes first with 1.5 million attendents then Cher, 1.1 million. Source: http://www.pollstaronline.com/sf-ye2002-biz.asp
01-07-03 02:15 PM
jb Dave mathews is a phenomenon I just don't get..he consistantly has the top attended /grossing tours...please expalin?
01-07-03 11:20 PM
Bluzian JB - my conjecture is that the DMB phenomonan is more or
less the quasi-nouveau Grateful Dead-Head following...

I would go as far to say that perhaps the current generation
need some kind of travelling band to follow and associate
to, and seeing that PHISH is on or off hiatus, they have to
revert to the DaveMathews allegiance.

But that's just my opinion.. ?? you asked.. what's your
take? Cos' i am equally as baffled by it all! Then again,
would you rather have Timberlake-head followers?????? ;-)

Cheers man~
Ian

Visits since January 9, 2003