ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ford Return to archive
01-03-03 10:30 AM
jb Truthfully, I was a little embarrassed hearing it..didn't ford also use an Aerosmith song last year? The boys could have done better...atleast Sting, who I despise, pitched for a jaguar....The Stones could have atleast chosen Mercedes or BMW.
By the way, I saw a convertible Austin-Martin at Luxury Imports in miami yesterday for 147,000...The car is simply a piece of fine art....
Why are my replies coming up as new posts?
[Edited by jb]
01-03-03 10:35 AM
F505 Didn't Volkswagen sponsor the Voodoo Lounge Tour?
01-03-03 10:50 AM
LadyJane I have to agree with you, JB. My initial reaction to the commercial was embarrassment. Just made me feel creepy and I don't know why because they play it all the time at football games. BTW, when will you be picking up your new Austin-Martin??

LadyJ.
01-03-03 04:32 PM
Boomhauer No jb, Aerosmith did not do an ad for Ford.

They did them for Dodge.
01-05-03 04:38 AM
Madafaka
quote:
F505 wrote:
Didn't Volkswagen sponsor the Voodoo Lounge Tour?

Yeah, yeah! In my country was Volkswagen GOL Rolling Stones. Really an ugly car!

01-05-03 04:50 AM
J.J.Flash You're right Madafaka, here in Brasil too. How are you South American brother? Some weeks ago I knew another good argentinian friend on Undernet. His nickname is Rifff. Do you know him.
See ya! Let it Rock! Keep Rockin'!
Hasta luego hermano!
01-06-03 01:02 PM
marko but mick drives on Mercedes...
01-06-03 01:29 PM
Joey

< ----- Sure beats a " Diaper Ad " .

Good one little buddy ...........................

(laugh track with appaulse + standing "O" + and Keith Moon chortling in background )

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ J BUNNY KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-06-03 01:29 PM
Monkey Woman About Stones and cars: among lots of weird tidbits of info, Bill Wyman's last book has a list of the vehicles owned by band members in the mid-eighties (p.480). One interesting result: the one vehicle Mick, Keith, Bill and Charlie have in common is a Vespa bike.
01-07-03 12:48 AM
Highwire Rob We know Charlie doesn't drive. But does (did) he ride the Vespa?

You don't need a license for those in some countries, do you?
01-07-03 01:02 AM
Madafaka
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
You're right Madafaka, here in Brasil too. How are you South American brother? Some weeks ago I knew another good argentinian friend on Undernet. His nickname is Rifff. Do you know him.
See ya! Let it Rock! Keep Rockin'!
Hasta luego hermano!

No, I don't know him.
I really LOVE your country, I sped my holydays there every time I can. I supose that I'll be in Natal on March.
Good luck my friend!
(Next time I'll put some words in portuguese, but i'm learning yet!)
01-07-03 02:43 AM
MarthaMyDear I LOVE that Ford is using one of their songs as I have a 2001 gold-colored Ford Focus with a wonderful stereo... But, don't take Exile out of the CD player as you might get second degree burns... lol....................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Soon to be replaced (but NOT forgotten... lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P NEVER!!! lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) by several Stones and Bowie boots, a few Chili Peppers, and, of course, the always-lovely Some Girls (my favorite CD after Exile, though they are interchangeable, I THINK?!?!?!)... Rock the FRICK AND FRACKIN' on (whatever the FRACK that means... lol................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P !!!

*** Martha ***
01-07-03 03:02 AM
MarthaMyDear What I really mean to say... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Is I am GRATEFUL (which reminds me... Shit... lol.......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I have to get an oil and filter change, etc., and a tune-up wouldn't be a bad idea, either... Sheesh... lol......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) for the car my cool dad dipped-into my "inheritance" $$ for and got me 'cause some twat RAMMED the hell into my piece of shit, falling-apart old car and hit and ran it when it was parked on the street where I live, so I am NOT going to complain about getting a Ford Focus with a rad stereo!!! DUH!!! lol......................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P So, thank you to my cool dad for that and to Ford for making it and to the Stones for endorsing it (or, at least, getting $$ from it) and to Steven Tyler for being considered one, if not THE, best rock stars in bed according to the Groupie Central message board!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Alanis, who is a Gemini and NOT a stalker... She just writes those songs... HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! She's alright... ***
01-07-03 03:09 AM
MarthaMyDear And, she kisses Sarah Jessica Parker pretty, darn good... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P Not gay, but... Wouldn't kick her out of MY bed... Actually, neither of them, I think (BUT, ESPECIALLY SARAH JESSICA PARKER'S HUSBAND!!! OH, MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I have loved him since Ferris Bueller's Day Off, which has been on cable alot lately, etc.... lol.......................................... :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P Love the shower scene... lol......................... :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P Great mohawk... OH, YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
... lol................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P Yes, the coffee here is great this, um, midnight... ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P lol........................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
ROCK ON and take care, you silly peoples, you all!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!! YES, I DO!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]

Visits since January 9, 2003