ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's Freddy? Return to archive
01-02-03 11:58 PM
Fiji Joe I haven't seen the little booger in quite some time...I fear he was captured and euthanized by animal
control...For those of you who missed it...a couple of weeks ago a furry little fella showed up on the board...Someone suggested that he become our mascot...It seemed a done deal until his mysterious dissappearance...

Alas, in the spirit of giving, and because I really really want to get my name on VooDoo's big "thank you list"...I have endeavored to find a new Freddy... I found this guy on the Portland sexual predator list...I know he's not as cute as little Freddy, but, I thought we could give him a chance...

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
01-03-03 12:10 AM
Sir Stonesalot Freddy is just fine.

He's...ummmmmm....sleeping.

Kipper is still in Key West with his new "life partner". While he's gone Freddy has decided to repose in Kipper's newly redecorated car crate.

Well, it seems that Kipper, besides being a closet fag, was also a bit of a junkie. Likes the puppy downs. Freddy found Kipper's stash(thankfully), and has been in a very Nolte-like state for the last 3 days.

Drool really shows up on his furry lil' face.
01-03-03 12:15 AM
Boomhauer lol, Freddy, lol

I love this Rolling Stones message board.
It's like a box of Krispy Kreme donuts; you know exactly what you're going to get!
01-04-03 06:57 AM
Dr. Frankenstone Portland Freddy!!! Hahaha!!! That guy is scary looking!!!
He looks like he is dead.
01-05-03 12:22 PM
Fiji Joe Well, the Stones aren't exactly Mother Theresa..."Portland Freddy"...maybe he could just be our mascot in the joint....you know, sort of do a little recruiting for us...
01-06-03 05:29 PM
Cant Catch Me
�You fixin� to tell us that lil� critter was part human? Dang, if we�d a knew, �prolly we wouln�ta �et him, or likely we woulda� at least said us a long prayer first. Cuz me n� Roscoe figgered could be he was a �possum, on account of the tail, an there ain�t no better eatin� than a 'possum, �xcepting this �un, which was mighty scrawny. But mainly, them�s �possums is fine vittles, huh Roscoe?�
01-07-03 12:14 AM
Fiji Joe Those guys...Cornhuskers...No doubt about it!
01-07-03 09:36 AM
F505 Those twins on the picture of Can't Catch Me are no doubt Frank en Ronald de Boer
01-08-03 02:42 AM
Dr. Frankenstone Keep up the great work you guys! LOL!!!
I have to give credit to this thread for geting me to register here. It looks like Portland Freddy is a pretty successful recruiter after all. If he only knew...

I'll keep my eyes open for new recruiter pics, there are a few I have in mind. Here is a sample...

I haven't figured out how to reduce the image, but this poor guy deserves the whole page anyways.

[Edited by Dr. Frankenstone]
01-08-03 09:50 AM
Boomhauer AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

WTF, Frankenstone? Oh, gosh.................

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWW, damn.
01-08-03 11:32 AM
nankerphelge POSSIBLE EXPLANATION FOR FREDDY'S DISAPPEARANCE:

During the past week, U.N. human rights investigators have been probing reports of cannibalism in Congo's northeastern Ituri province.

Forces of the rebel Congolese Liberation Movement, or MLC, and its allied Congolese Rally for Democracy-National, RCD-N, are accused of killing and eating pygmies living in dense tropical forests.

"The U.N. is taking these accusations very seriously and has sent a team of six officials to investigate the accusations and other human rights abuses in the region," said Manodje Mounoubai, spokesman for the U.N. mission in Congo.

Speaking by telephone from the Congolese capital, Kinshasa, Mounoubai said he preferred to wait until the investigators had left the area before providing further information.

However, other U.N. officials, speaking on condition of anonymity, said investigators have established that the charges are credible.

The two rebel factions often hire Pygmies to hunt food for them in the forests as they concentrate on fighting to oust the rival rebel Congolese Rally for Democracy-Liberation, or RCD-ML, from mineral-rich areas of Ituri province, a U.N. official familiar with the probe said.
If the expert hunters return empty-handed, rebel troops kill and eat them, the official said.

Sudi Alimasi, an official with the rival RCD-ML, said the group began receiving reports of cannibalism more than a week ago from people displaced by fighting.

"We hear reports of MLC and RCD-N commanders feeding on sexual organs of Pygmies, apparently believing this would give them strength," Alimasi said by telephone from Kinshasa. "We also have reports of Pygmies being forced to feed on cooked remains of their colleagues."

01-08-03 11:40 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Federico will be our mascot and he's gonna feature in the infamous "We're onlyin it for the music" banner. Since some months ago is the Rocks Off image at the main page and the banner.

I don't know where to include him,maybe I'm gonna use the "Welcome the Rolling Stonbes" doll from the Beatles' Sgt. Peppers album cover and add Freddy seated in the "garden" of the pic. Any better sugestion?

Visits since January 9, 2003