ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Winners.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-06-03 02:25 AM
*ginda Annie -

You are a classy lassy.
01-06-03 02:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Me come on?

LOL!

You can't possibly equate what I do at 911 to this place. It isn't even in the same stratosphere. This is an internet message board, and 911 is life and death. If Rocks Off were to disappear tomorrow(God forbid!), nothing will change. What I deal with every day at 911...shit, people's lives are radically changed...sometimes forever.

If people want to put real emotion into this, if they want to be all serious, fine. They can be as dead fuckin' serious as they want. For the 1000th time...I don't care. I have no freakin' control over what anyone does. I honestly don't see how anyone could possibly think that I do!

You've been wasting your time since your second post on the subject. I read the first one, digested it, crapped it out, and flushed it. Ever since then I've just been dicking around. Yeah, I know you said several times about this being "just a message board", I knew that then just like I know it now. So why are you trying to now convince me otherwise? I mean you also keep refering to your points as silent but deadly farts. I still have no idea what that is all about...but it's funny as hell!

I still find it incredibly funny that you are championing all the poor weak souls out there who are too timid to speak, yet you always jump in with your Zippo when someone is getting lit up.

Martha My Dear
sasca
and of course, Miss U

You are such a hoot Queenie.

Really though, I got bored with this whole thing yesterday. We are still talking about this why?

Oh, and Eggy....I'm sorry you didn't get nominated for anything. I promise, next year I will create a special category just for you...Regular with the best avatar of John Lennon as the Eggman. You will be a shoo in!
01-06-03 08:29 AM
Maxlugar Seeing this whole SS vs AZBQ thing is like watching two friends play ping pong with a cows testicle dipped in kersosine and lit aflame.

(laugh track)

But shit, I'm the funniest man on this board and it feels good.

(laugh track with applause)

Kinky kink kinko kinkily anus immobilizer!

(laugh track with appaulse + standing "O")

Maxy!
01-06-03 11:23 AM
Joey ********************** NEW MATERIAL ALERT *****************************************************

THANKS MAX !!!!

*************************** NEW MATERIAL ALERT *****************************************************************
01-06-03 11:53 AM
~AzQb

"NEW MATERIAL ALERT"

Bloody hell, POWJoey!

I'm taking THIS one to heart!

Thank you!

~RoTfLmAo~!
01-06-03 12:02 PM
jb Fuck Ohio State..cheating mother fucking ref stole our 6th national Championship..We played one of our worst games, had 5 turnovers, and still won!
01-06-03 12:08 PM
Maxlugar Lay off the laugh track Joey!

I'm not done with it yet!

(Sustained laugh track, Desi Arnez laughing loudly in background)

MAXSKEY!!!

(Laugh track with applause)

01-06-03 12:18 PM
~AzQb

MaXYpUp!

Can we play a round of doubles pong-- say, me and ginda* against some of you guys? Ben-wa balls instead of bull testes?

Should be a hootenanny~ that is, if YOU ref~

~RoTfLmAo~!
01-06-03 01:26 PM
Joey Man it is so good to see Miami go down .............

Great job Josh , see what happens when you don't come to Denver .

(laugh track with appaulse + standing "O")

" Help Me Ronnie , Help Help Me Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{ O }}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{ E }}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{ Y }}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{{{ KINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-06-03 01:52 PM
jb Other than the death of my Father and Sister, this is the worse thing to ever have happened ..what a disgrace to allow a Big 10 ref, previously reprimanded twice for blown calls, to decide a Natl title game...I 'll give OH its due, much better than I expected, but the bottom line is we came back and won...and the ref makes that horrendous call...
01-06-03 01:55 PM
Boomhauer jb, was he one of the refs that pissed off Paterno?

01-06-03 01:59 PM
jb Scum bag piece of shit ruined my year....Notice how classy Miami was in defeat...not like the scumbag OH players cheering when they blew out McGahees knee and his future..ala Melvin Braton 15 years ago....I know I am a sore loser..but that call, when the ref standing over the play signals incomplete, is just a outrage.
01-06-03 02:03 PM
Joey " I know I am a sore loser..but that call, when the ref standing over the play signals incomplete, is just a outrage. "

<----- He He He He He He He He He !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh little buddy . Josh is pretty cool so don't rub it in too much .

01-06-03 02:04 PM
Boomhauer Well, I'm listening to the Dan Patrick Show on the radio right now and Dan quoted the ref as saying that he saw holding and then he saw pass interference.

Now, the fact is.............he threw the flag 10 seconds after the two guys went to the ground!!! If he was so sure of himself, he should have thrown the flag right away (like, when they made contact).

I'm not so sure if the ref knew what he was looking at during that play.

01-06-03 02:08 PM
jb Look, we have 5 titles, and are unquestionably the best team in the past 2 decades..this would have been sweet..but I had bad feelings all week being so heavily favored...We played an excellent OH team(particularly on defese) and despite being cheated, we still would have won if our secondary would have stopped that horrific 4th amd 14 completion...Nonetheless, the ref costr us the title and we have to live w/ it..My prediction is that we will be back in 2 yrs....Next year will be 9-2 as we suffer through Brocvk Berlins fisrt starting year.
01-06-03 02:11 PM
Boomhauer You think that this game reduced Dorsey's chances of playing in the NFL?
01-06-03 02:27 PM
jb Not really..he is a projected 3 or 4th rounder anyway..He may be similar to Steve Walsh..a bright guy with an average arm..He might make a decent backup.
01-06-03 02:28 PM
parmeda Hey Annie...
What ever happened to Eggy last night...he crapped out on us? It could only mean one thing....

TAG, Max...you're it!
(I need a good laugh...)

BTW Max...how's that little girl? Pinch those ever-lovin' little cheeks of hers!
01-06-03 02:52 PM
Maxlugar Sorry about that game Josh!

But look at it this way: on a personnal level you should be very happy. You were nominated for a 2002 Rocks Off year end award 5 times.

Uh, no, 4 times......

No, no, no....there were three of them, no?

Surely two. Yeah two! No wait....

Uh oh....

Hmmmm...........

KINKILY!!

(Wild applause, one guy yells Go Maxy!, more applause)

MACKY!
01-06-03 03:29 PM
jb Congrats again on the baby girl!!!! My wife is jealous..I seem to be able to only produce very good looking , trust fund endowed, boys...
[Edited by jb]
01-06-03 04:42 PM
Joey " Look, we have 5 titles, and are unquestionably the best team in the past 2 decades..this would have been sweet..but I had bad feelings all week being so heavily "

No Way ..................The HUSKERS Rule !

WE have five titles too !

" We made your program Ronnie "

J. Fly Boy !
01-06-03 04:46 PM
jb Pleae Joey....Nebraska is very good..but we have played in 9 title games and won 6(We beat OHio State and I shall count this as a victory). I do give Osbourne a lot of credit for going for 2....he had guts..unlike that ref...
[Edited by jb]
01-06-03 05:46 PM
Joey " Nebraska is very good..but we have played in 9 title games and won 6(We beat OHio State and I shall count this as a victory). I do give Osbourne a lot of credit for going for 2....he had guts..unlike that ref... "

<---- Thank You my Persian Brother.............

That's all nice and cute little buddy , but Nebraska has played in nine title games too !

Damn Straight ............ ' 70 , '71 , '81 , '82 , '83 , '94 , '95 , '97 .....oh , only eight .
01-06-03 07:08 PM
2000 Man
quote:
jb wrote:
Not really..he is a projected 3 or 4th rounder anyway..He may be similar to Steve Walsh..a bright guy with an average arm..He might make a decent backup.

Did he quit crying yet?

He knows this linebacker on the Bucks pretty well now. His name is Wilhelm and he made sure Dorsey could see into the future. It's a foggy future, but it IS the future.

One debatable call doesn't make a game. We can go further back in the game and never even get to overtime. Fact is, ya got the ball back, put it on the TWO FUCKING YARD LINE, and got spanked like little boys.

I told ya we don't play football like the Big Easy up here. This is the Men's division. The Bucks MADE Miami play Big Ten Football, and Miami came up sorely lacking.

If they had played in snow and cold, I think the Bucks would have shut them out.

By the way - Max - Congratulations on your li'l bundle o' Maxiness! I bet Casa de Maxy has never been so warm in the winter as it is this winter.

Go Buckeyes!
01-06-03 07:11 PM
2000 Man
quote:
jb wrote:
Pleae Joey....Nebraska is very good..but we have played in 9 title games and won 6(We beat OHio State and I shall count this as a victory). I do give Osbourne a lot of credit for going for 2....he had guts..unlike that ref...
[Edited by jb]

Hey, Josh!

I'll let ya know what your Trophy looks like when we go check it out this Spring. I hear they misspelled Miami "OHIO STATE."

Oh well, can't win 'em all, eh?

Go Buckeyes!
01-06-03 07:15 PM
The Eggman Alright I got one...

Let's examine the crappy-iness between Neil Young's 83' album TRANS and Paul McCartney's 80' album 2

maaaaaaaaaaaaannn....

what where they thinking?
01-06-03 08:27 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Eggman - I gotta give the edge to McCartney II in terms of crappiness there. McCartney, doing 80s Experimentation?

What the hell was he thinking? McCartney I wasn't that good an idea anyway! One absolutely amazing song surrounded by a bunch of half-baked ideas - it was 70s experimentation. Not so good. But doing it again in the 80s, with a bunch of half-baked ideas given the 80s treatment... absolute crap.

-tSYX --- To find you, I'm gonna drown an unsung man...
01-06-03 08:27 PM
Joey " I told ya we don't play football like the Big Easy up here. This is the Men's division. The Bucks MADE Miami play Big Ten Football, and Miami came up sorely lacking. "

<------------ Or how about the " Big Twelve " ?????

Damn Straight little buddy . Miami would have gone 2-12
this year if they had to play in the Big Twelve Conference . There are no " East Carolinas " or " Woffords " up in THESE parts .

And now , THIS :

JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JO JOEY

The Joey
01-06-03 09:04 PM
The Eggman ok ok MCCart's Coming Up i kinda liked

but Neil Young's Transformer Man cus' it makes me really depressively sad
01-06-03 11:35 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy "Coming Up" live this tour was actually surprisingly good. In the studio it sucked. But all the live versions have been pretty good.

Y'know what else isn't so bad? Wings Wild Life. "Mumbo" is an awesome song. The lyrics, however, are absolutely indecipherable.

-tSYX --- Wooo! yeagh a seah a yah baby, Wooo! Eah I seah A beh wuhh!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Visits since January 9, 2003