ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Winners.... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
01-02-03 10:53 AM
jb Thank You....Hapyy New Year..By the way, there is some ass-hole who posts under 505 on another board...I know it's not you, as he/she was very rude to mer on a chat line the other night.
01-02-03 10:58 AM
L&A VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Luc aka L&A (Lizzie pix LOL) from Belgium

Just received that one from Lizzie, I think it's for you, lol

01-02-03 11:03 AM
~AzQb

egon

i'm truly sorry for all the confusion-- and all the semi caustic diatribe-- the fact is, i'm doggedly trying to decide between saying what i really think about things, saying them on the downlow, or not saying anything at all.

What is best?

To get back to the matter in hand...after all the oversights, perhaps sticking to trivia contests migt be a more mature thing to do if a contest is even "needed"?

And who exactly decides what is "needed" around here, and why, if the Jaxx/VooDoo/Gazza trinity ain't a "quanin-ity?"

Are there three or four administrators here?

These are just some of the questions boggling my poor mind and kept hidden and dusty-- before being brought into the strikinglight after what is, to me personally, a bit of a cyberland fiasco.

~
01-02-03 11:04 AM
Moonisup my god
01-02-03 11:06 AM
F505 JB wrote:
Thank You....Hapyy New Year..By the way, there is some ass-hole who posts under 505 on another board...I know it's not you, as he/she was very rude to mer on a chat line the other night.

I didn't know my nick was so popular but it's a shame they abuse it. But happy Stones year too!
01-02-03 11:09 AM
~AzQb

moon

is the "mygod" a reaction to the hilarious basketcase that is, or to DizzyLizzy?

or both?

I'm working on my thesis.

~RoTfLmAo~!
01-02-03 11:11 AM
Moonisup it was to the picture of lizzy
01-02-03 11:13 AM
jb I went to Saks Fifth Avenue yestersday and got 40% of a $1495.00 Hugo Boss tuxedo...It's a good time to buy ...lots of sales after New Years!
01-02-03 11:15 AM
~AzQb

Shoulda figgered boyONtheMOon

thanks

~
01-02-03 11:35 AM
egon ~AzQb,

you can have any opinion about me, i was just curious as to why. call me whatever, but back it up as well.

as for the contest, i don't see what all the fuss is about.
it's just a "silly little thing"
like ss said, put together in 30 seconds (or was it 30 minutes?).
i mean, i was nominated as "best(?)young poster"
(young meaning under 25) and i'm 31.
that clearly shows not much research has been done, but who the fuck cares?

01-02-03 11:37 AM
egon jb,
i was looking for your name in the "funniest poster" section.

you would have gotten my vote...
01-02-03 11:41 AM
Joey " Official notice....don't fuck with SS. Big dog is done playing. "

Stoney ............................you make Joey giggle !

{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
01-02-03 11:56 AM
jb The whole contest/categories was a farce....I feel personally slighted.
01-02-03 12:34 PM
~AzQb

JoshinEsq.!

Okay!

...court is in session...

Were you sworn in yet? Tell the truth...RoTflMaO

OkayJoshyBoy

Where to start....?

First off, i want to seperate gigantically my feelings for those overlooked in this mess from your confusing and alarming response to this chaos.

They are polar oppposites.

My venting is because i adore all you people and felt compelled to open my mouth regarding the fact that the oversights stung those overlooked, though maybe most of these gentler quieter souls turned the other cheek yet again.

My posts were a DIREcT response to what i felt was injust{thanksNasty; ) ignorance about a personality contest being cybervomited like this in the first place.

Why were FanG, Factory Girl, stonedinaustralia, Maxmeister, etc. overlooked? Not to mention ScotRocks? 2000 Man?

Not as many posts? ... that's another story entirely, but you get the gist. Quantity, as you've heard, don't necessarily equal qualitity.

Another thing is that i would've never gotten involved in the madding crowd of voting if i had really thought about it. Cheers FPM. As a dear, dear friend voiced recently...another conscientious objector: "REEked of 'Frat House'" and i cursed my susceptibility to cyber peer pressure, no matter the laughs at the time as we voted....

To Be Continued....

01-02-03 12:47 PM
nankerphelge For the record, my frat house was a hell of a lot of fun until the University shut it down this year.

They took the fucking bar...
01-02-03 01:07 PM
~AzQb

Well anyway nanker.

This WAS fucking hilarious ala Belushi/mashed potatoes.

But again, i felt SOMEbody had to open their mouth about such a contest actually happening in the FIRSt place...*sigh*

Trivia contests? yeah. Personality awards shows which force me to choose one equally beloved cybermate over another? in the future, no fucking way.

Witness two of our own shocking us with their volcanos, and we can all sit back and go, "Fuck all, it's fucking fantasy land! Lighten up! Get a drink!" when in reality for some it's hard this time to let the thing slide, even though we know one guy is KoolasKeith and the other...well, we're still not sure whether to laugh or cry.

If this was about appreciation and not popularity, it sure didn't seem like it to me.

,,,developing...and sowing Joeyaffection...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
B!

"Clairol me, Ronnie! And you know i take it black!"
01-02-03 01:18 PM
~AzQb

...and in abject ironic point-proving...i inadvertantly forgot to include *ginda in the list above....

see what i mean?

~
01-02-03 01:40 PM
nankerphelge Well AzQb, I understand your points, but I don't believe SS set out to cause any hurt feelings at all. We've seen SS when he sets out to hurt feelings -- this wasn't one of them!

Should he have not had the contest for fear of offending. Maybe -- who's to say really? Some people seemed to enjoy it. I rolled my eyes at first, but actually thought it was harmless as it played out.

If he thought about how such a contest could be misconstrued, and yet did it anyway, then he went in with his eyes wide open and he reaped what he sowed! I think I know him well enuf to say that he will take his licks if he deserves them.

If he honestly figured that no one could possibly take offense, then at worst he miscalculated people's reactions. I can't fault him for that.

I think it was an innocent attempt to liven things up that was taken the wrong way by some. I don't know that it's worth rubbing salt in wounds.

That's all I have to say about that.

01-02-03 01:58 PM
~AzQb

Cool and absorbed, nanky!

I agree with you about everything you said...but that still doesn't answer my "administration" question. Which part of the trinity died and left ss deciding "what needs to be done"? And furthermore, i've watched in abject horror as he's bullied and intimidated people for over two years, sometimes into silence, but always into fear the rest of you will ignore or flame. Anyone who doesn't agree with him is thrust into frat boy hell.

That's all i want to say about that, except in addition to being a bully and a control freak, ss is one generous, loyal, and great guy.

In addition, there are several...i mean...several people who have contacted me about this in agreement. They just have too little time and too much of a life to bother addressing the situation, and i don't/.RoTfL~!

~

01-02-03 02:02 PM
jb With the exception of Rik, Parmeda, and Joey I really don't consider anyone here a friend in the truest sense of the word...I would say we all share a love for the Stones, but this poll showed me very clearly how people felt about me.
[Edited by jb]
01-02-03 02:06 PM
sasca Ah, I'd have voted for you if A - I'd been around and B - I hadn't avoided it when I was.
01-02-03 02:07 PM
Moonisup That is very kind of you to say josh!!

But AzQb, I had no troubles with SS his contest, I knew it was a joke from the start, why bother?
01-02-03 02:07 PM
Joey " I really don't consider anyone here a friend in the truest sense of the word...I would say we all share a love for the Stones, but this poll showed me very clearly how people felt about me."

JOSH , YOU MAKE JOEY CRY VIOLENTLY !

I even converted to Judiasm because of you .

Please , pack up your beautiful wife and your beautiful children .....................and come to Denver to see the Stones with Joey .

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEYKINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

01-02-03 02:08 PM
jb Thanks..the board is controlled by a few people who seem to enjoy posting boring diatribes, poems, and other non-entertaining posts...I saw the conspiracy at work immediately and knew I stood no chance.
[Edited by jb]
01-02-03 02:12 PM
Moonisup "I saw the conspiracy at work immediately and knew I stood no chance"

Josh we aren't that popular, cos we don't try to hide our despise of the beatles
01-02-03 02:13 PM
nankerphelge jb, you have got to a get a major grip!

See that little tongue at the top of the page?
It says POST NEW
There is no popularity meter attached to it.
No IQ test before you can use it.

You click on it, fill in the box and submit it.
No peer review and generally no censorship unless you drop wolf puss in too much.

The great thing about this place is its variety. You want to talk Stones -- you got it. You want news on the tour, boots, personal habits of the band -- you got it. You want sheep -- got that too.

Stop with the poor lil me shit will ya!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
01-02-03 02:15 PM
jb See my edited post JOey..I am sorry I forgot about you..
01-02-03 02:15 PM
~AzQb

RiKwItHTeWoOdEn ShOe!

...why bother...? too much free time here...not enuf of a real life i guess.

Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery, you know.

~REcOvERinG......
01-02-03 02:16 PM
~AzQb

RiKwItHTeWoOdEn ShOe!

...why bother...? too much free time here...not enuf of a real life i guess.

Admitting your addiction is the first step to recovery, you know.

~REcOvERinG......
01-02-03 02:17 PM
Joey " You want sheep -- got that too. "

<----------- You got Sheep ???????????

Whoa , slow down there little buddy . Nanky , I forgot to tell you that my I.P.S. ( Inflatable Party Sheep ) ran out on me New Years Day ..........something about the 'spring cleaning ' or whatever .

Developing .....................

Cloven Hoofed Bi##H !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Visits since January 9, 2003