ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Jamming backstage at Frankfurt's Festhalle, Germany October 6, 1970
By Dick Waterman

From the 40x20 Exhibition currently on tour.
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[
Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New member Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-27-02 10:35 PM
LadyJane I just popped my new remastered "Aftermath" into the computer and decided to stop procrastinating and register. I've been hooked to this board for months and am thrilled to be in the company of so many devoted Stones fans. This board is awesome and I want to commend Jaxx, Gazza, and Voodoo for their hard work. I was blown away by the Header pic from Woody. What an honor. Congrats! I look forward to putting my two cents in hear and there. I've been a fan since age 13 and have been to two shows on the Licks tour. I live in Buffalo, but traveled to South Florida for both the Ft. Lauderdale and Miami shows. We had third row in Lauderdale, right next to the catwalk. It was the greatest night of my life as I managed to get a handshake from Mick and Keith!! I lucked out and got in on the RS.COM travel package to Vegas. My Husband and I will be at the MGM Grand for the final U.S. show. I'm so excited. Enough for now. Once, again, it's an honor to be in your company!!
12-27-02 11:03 PM
littleredrooster Welcome, My sweet Lady Jane!
When will I see you a....gain???
Or, are you too busy shoveling snow ????

Rooster
12-27-02 11:10 PM
LadyJane Damn, I should have known better than to say I'm from Buffalo. Let the snow references begin. Bring it on! I can handle it! For the record, we've only had a total of 8 inches of snow this week. This time last year we were up to 84 inches for the week of Christmas! And thanks for the welcome, Rooster!
12-28-02 12:09 AM
MP Cheers, LJ.......am also relatively new to this haunt...
12-28-02 12:20 AM
Fiji Joe A big Fiji welcome to the both of you...and remember, there are no bad posts...just stupid ones
12-28-02 01:29 AM
parmeda Lady Jane... Aftermath, yesssss!
I like you already

Welcome!

MP...How are you? Is everyone playing nice so far?
12-28-02 08:17 AM
nankerphelge Welcome. Buffahole holds a special place in my heart -- twas there that I first heard the Stones in '81!!

You were up close in Fla -- did you run into jb? You can't miss him -- $700 Gucci shoes, $200 Egyptian cotton shirt, Movado watch, telling all the chicks his wife doesn't understand him, mumbling about C10 conspiracies, walkin' around all dopey like after the show looking for the S class! Did ya see him??
12-28-02 08:36 AM
sirfito Welcome!
Cheers,
Fito
12-28-02 08:48 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hi LJ! Welcome!

You're a lucky woman when you get 8 inches.

Oh wait, you were talking snow.....

Ummmmm, nevermind.
12-28-02 09:16 AM
luxury1 Holy christ SS--she's brand new and you gotta start in! Watch out for SS, LadyJane. Cuz of him I got my mouth washed out with soap--but he is addicting in a very creepy way.......
12-28-02 09:42 AM
LadyJane
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Welcome. Buffahole holds a special place in my heart -- twas there that I first heard the Stones in '81!!

You were up close in Fla -- did you run into jb? You can't miss him -- $700 Gucci shoes, $200 Egyptian cotton shirt, Movado watch, telling all the chicks his wife doesn't understand him, mumbling about C10 conspiracies, walkin' around all dopey like after the show looking for the S class! Did ya see him??

I love all of you crazy people! Nanker-I take it you were at Rich Stadium in '81 for the Tattoo You show? Only show I've ever seen where the Stones played in the daylight. In response to your question about Fla., I saw lots of guys who fit the description of jb! In fact, I had to tell one idiot to take his seat. He was surrounded by three blondes (all much younger than he) and his posing was making me ill. I think he planned on standing in the aisle next to my seat! I had news for him.
12-28-02 10:00 AM
nankerphelge Yep -- Sept. 27th, 1981 -- Rich Stadium!! Me and 70,000 of my closest friends! My only daylight show too! (About the only real sober one too!!)

Three young blondes! Could have been jb -- did they look like they were just in it for the money and that they weren't planning on having sex with him later?
[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-28-02 10:18 AM
LadyJane I guess it was jb, 'cause all those blondes were interested in was sleeping with Mick! I seriously doubt that collectively they could conjur up the words to one Stones song! And they had better seats than me! No justice.

And thanks for jarring my memory re '81. You are so right. The only concert (of that era) where I was totally straight. No wonder "the sunshine bores the daylights out of me"!!
12-28-02 10:25 AM
nankerphelge That was such a typical western NY day -- cold and overcast in the morning with George T. promising to rock the clouds away -- which he did -- the sky cleared, the sun came out, but the wind was nasty -- remember how they slashed that beautiful stage mural to prevent the rigging from blowing over! I heard rumours that at one point, the wind blew the microphone into Mick's mouth and dislodged that diamond in his toof!! Always wondered if it was true, if they ever found it, or what I would do with it if I ever found it. I think I'd have it implanted in my forehead so when I Nolte, my friends could use me as a glass cutter.
12-28-02 11:17 AM
LadyJane OMG what a memory! I totally forgot about the high winds. No wonder the Stones didn't return to WNY until the Bridges tour in '97. Back to '81-we were sitting stage right about half way up the stadium and I remember running to the end of the row and watching the limos driving off into the hills of Orchard Park. The leaves had started to change color and it was a beautiful day!

Thanks for bringing back a great memory. I knew I would love joining this board!!!

12-28-02 04:17 PM
~AzQb

WeLComeLadY!

...it's truly a delight to 'see' another loyal chick poster!

... a bit of perhapsSuPeRFlUoUs advice:

1. don't take joshie seriously. AdvilLiQuIGeLs in mass consumption can be hard on the liver.

2. don't mind a drunkenSteelDrivinTeleTRebleToneLovinHammer.
You'll never figger it out.
TRuSt me.

3. Everything theJoey says has been copped surreptitiously from Maxy. Consider them Maxy's posts.
{Unless, of course, K.Moon, TheOx, or Townshend is mentioned. Those are rightfully ThEJoEy's.}

4. Pay PartIcKlEr 'tention to posts by sirmoonie, nasty, FpM,riffhard when around, scopey, maxmeister, and Gazza.Cats know the deal.

5. Factory Girl is theRawkingestChickAlive.
You'll see.

Enjoy this looooooooooooooneeeeeeeeee bin for all its worth- you'll end up laughing more than you have in yer entire life.

WelcomeLady!

~
12-28-02 11:02 PM
MP Thank you kindly for the warm welcomes....as for playing nice...well I've never played Nice...but I do fancy Italy...
12-28-02 11:04 PM
MP Tequila's on the house at The Firefly this eve.....tree frogs are a chirping....
12-29-02 04:06 AM
~AzQb

...and a Can'TcHaHeArMeKnoCkIn warmest of welcomes to you as well, MP. What's this about tree frogs chirpin? where are ya, anyway?

Enjoy this MadHoUsE to the fullest... i sure do ; )

~RoTfL
12-29-02 11:39 AM
MP The Firefly Bar---Mustique....virtually.....tequila, anyone?
12-29-02 06:32 PM
Jaxx hello and welcome to our space! i already like your sense of humour and pleased to have you "in the house". registering here is a "just do it" kind of thing. btw, i used to live just outside of binghamton. bundle up, lady.
12-29-02 07:31 PM
LadyJane Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. I just realized I've been deleted from "Brian giving Head?" OMG I've only been on board for 48 hours! Shame on me! . I think I'm going to like it here!!

LadyJ.
12-29-02 10:11 PM
MP My sweet Lady Jane...looks as if you and MP are the newbies....let the purple hazing begin......drinks by the pool where the patio aint dry.....pop that Dom P for the Lady and ME....
12-30-02 02:53 PM
sasca MP, LJ, hi.
12-30-02 04:21 PM
Prodigal Son Welcome to the holiday camp, I guess you know why you're here. My name is Prodigal Son and I became aware this year... that this is the BEST rock message board on any band. Of course, it doesn't hurt that this board is dedicated to the Stones, but even if it were a Bay City Rollers board it'd be reeking of coolness. Yet, something would be extremely lacking, namely a good topic. Ah yes, feel free to like whoever you want: the Who, like I have professed in this reply, the Beatles (gasp, if you happen to). No matter what jb says. Although, be prepared to face thew consequences if you defend Aerostink or Paul McCbarfney.
12-30-02 04:33 PM
jb Jesus loves you...I was also at both fla. shows..fucking great..but Miami crowd sucked!!!!
12-30-02 05:37 PM
LadyJane No need to worry about me defending Sir Paul. I hate that idiot! I was just waiting in line to pick up dinner and was thrilled to hear "Fool to Cry" on the radio. What came next? That freakin' lame "Freedom"! Talk about a violent change in mood ! That has to be one of the worst songs ever written! I almost lost my lunch before it arrived!

LadyJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
12-30-02 06:53 PM
Prodigal Son Hey, I like "Freedom".... Yeah, that's a pretty kick-ass Jimi Hendrix song, I mean come on! Recorded before his death I believe. Now, there's this other song called "Freedom" by Paul McCartney, ugghh, piece of shit. My ass makes nicer music than that. Gosh, write a good song for the 9/11 tragedy or don't write one at all, Paul. But instead he decided a sing-along puke-inducing anthem that made "Honey Pie" or "My Love" look like Beethoven was the perfect solution to make himself look like the ultimate God of music. It's so sickening, the media sees his persona as the only rock legend alive that matters. Paul eggs it on by doing so many concerts, TV specials, etc. Doesn't he know the meaning of modesty or humbleness.
12-30-02 10:08 PM
Scot Rocks Hi and welcome, look forward to many Stones related discussions with you all.

Mark
12-31-02 04:35 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
Hey, I like "Freedom".... Yeah, that's a pretty kick-ass Jimi Hendrix song, I mean come on! Recorded before his death I believe. Now, there's this other song called "Freedom" by Paul McCartney, ugghh, piece of shit. My ass makes nicer music than that. Gosh, write a good song for the 9/11 tragedy or don't write one at all, Paul. But instead he decided a sing-along puke-inducing anthem that made "Honey Pie" or "My Love" look like Beethoven was the perfect solution to make himself look like the ultimate God of music. It's so sickening, the media sees his persona as the only rock legend alive that matters. Paul eggs it on by doing so many concerts, TV specials, etc. Doesn't he know the meaning of modesty or humbleness.

Prodigal Son-you made my day with your critique of that awful song and it's poser writer! I couldn't agree with you more!! Here's hoping that we see MUCH LESS of Macca in 2003!!

LadyJ.
Page: 1 2

Visits since January 9, 2003