ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ripping Yarns Return to archive
January 5th, 2006 02:02 PM
Honky Tonk Man I got the complete Ripping Yarns on DVD for Christmas. Aside from me, is there anyone else here who prefers it to Monty Python? I think the films are hilarious, but I've always felt the television series was a little hit and miss.

Anyway, Fawlty Towers will always be my favourite
January 5th, 2006 02:40 PM
Gazza Overall, I dont prefer it to Python (it was only 1 series after all), but it was fucking brilliant. I remember watching it when it was first on (I think it must have been about 1975)

"Tomkinsons School Days" and "Golden Gordon" are two of the more memorable ones.

I just bought the DVD boxed set of the first series of "Sledge Hammer" a couple of days ago. It was a US Tv comedy from the mid 80's which was a bit of a Dirty Harry piss-take. Hilarious stuff....
January 5th, 2006 04:00 PM
JaggerLips ESCAPE FROM STALAG LUFT 112B! Love that episode!

CLASSIC!!!!! I've got the same DVD and it's just hilarious

The Testing of Eric Olthwaite is great the shovel!!!
January 5th, 2006 05:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well, maybe I'm just getting a little carried away, but I absolutely love it at the moment. My personal favourite episode is The Curse Of The Claw. Uncle Jack is hilarious.

Maybe I DO need to watch some more Python episodes, but Ripping Yarns is keeping me amused enough for the time being.

Does anyone here like Tony Hancock? I've been a fan of the radio series for years, but I've recently purchased a DVD of the TV series and I'm enjoying that too.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)