ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Proposed Setlist Return to archive
January 3rd, 2006 04:38 PM
Gimme Shelter 1. Paint It Black
2. Rough Justice
3. One Hit To the Body
4. She Was Hot
5. Dance Little Sister
6. Emotional Rescue
7. Blinded By Rainbows
8. Back of My Hand
9. Oh No, Not You Again
10. You Got Me Rocking
11. Can’t Be Seen
12. I Wanna Hold You
13. Sympathy For the Devil
14. Anybody Seen My Baby
15. A Rock & A Hard Place
16. Midnight Rambler
17. Sway
18. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking
19. Ain’t To Proud To Beg
20. Shattered
21. Salt of the Earth
January 3rd, 2006 04:43 PM
Saint Sway if they even attempted to play 1/3 of that set list they would spontaneously combust and all that would be left of our beloved Stones would be 4 piles of ash buried under their shiny, sequined jackets.
January 3rd, 2006 05:44 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
if they even attempted to play 1/3 of that set list they would spontaneously combust and all that would be left of our beloved Stones would be 4 piles of ash buried under their shiny, sequined jackets.

lol, or Keiths fingers would snap, or shatter, while he is playing Shattered, hehe!!
January 3rd, 2006 05:45 PM
RollingstonesUSA 1.Rough Justice
2.Shattered
3.She's So Cold
4.If You Can't Rock Me
5.Oh No, Not You Again
6.Rain Fall Down
7.It Won't Take Long
8.As Tears Go By
9.Sweet Virginia
10.Slave
11.Night Time Is The Right Time
12.Little T & A
13.Infamy
14.Can't You Hear Me Knocking(To B-Stage)
15.She Saw Me Coming(B-Stage)
16.Let It Bleed(B-Stage)
17.Gimme Shelter(To Main Stage)
18.Out Of Control
19.Sympathy For The Devil
20.Jumpin' Jack Flash

"ENCORE"
21.Hang Fire
22.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
January 3rd, 2006 09:33 PM
pdog
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
1.Rough Justice
2.Shattered
3.She's So Cold
4.If You Can't Rock Me
5.Oh No, Not You Again
6.Rain Fall Down
7.It Won't Take Long
8.As Tears Go By
9.Sweet Virginia
10.Slave
11.Night Time Is The Right Time
12.Little T & A
13.Infamy
14.Can't You Hear Me Knocking(To B-Stage)
15.She Saw Me Coming(B-Stage)
16.Let It Bleed(B-Stage)
17.Gimme Shelter(To Main Stage)
18.Out Of Control
19.Sympathy For The Devil
20.Jumpin' Jack Flash

"ENCORE"
21.Hang Fire
22.It's Only Rock 'N' Roll

Brilliant and realistic...
You shall be mounted...By Gypsy!
January 4th, 2006 11:53 AM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
pdog wrote:

Brilliant and realistic...
You shall be mounted...By Gypsy!

Thank u, my good man....lol
January 4th, 2006 03:00 PM
highwire Those are both great setlists because they mix it up. Lots of new stuff and great old stuff.

I guess they lean on the same 10 or so songs every show to please the casual fans that are seeing them for the first time but really how many of them can there be? Most of those "I gotta see the Stones once before I die fans", would have got that out of their system with Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours.
Its the core fans that have supported the last 3 tours. I don't need to hear Brown Sugar, Jumpin Jack Flash, Honky Tonk, Tumblin Dice, Start Me Up, Sympathy, YCAGWYW, every tour.
I think if they tossed in 3 of these old megahits at the end that would satisfy the first timers and casual fans and then we could have imaginative set lists like above.
January 4th, 2006 04:43 PM
pdog
quote:
highwire wrote:
Those are both great setlists because they mix it up. Lots of new stuff and great old stuff.

I guess they lean on the same 10 or so songs every show to please the casual fans that are seeing them for the first time but really how many of them can there be? Most of those "I gotta see the Stones once before I die fans", would have got that out of their system with Steel Wheels and Voodoo Lounge tours.
Its the core fans that have supported the last 3 tours. I don't need to hear Brown Sugar, Jumpin Jack Flash, Honky Tonk, Tumblin Dice, Start Me Up, Sympathy, YCAGWYW, every tour.
I think if they tossed in 3 of these old megahits at the end that would satisfy the first timers and casual fans and then we could have imaginative set lists like above.

The casual fans are over 99% of the people in attendance... Look at the message boards and then look at tour attendance... We wouldn't even fill a 1/3 of one arena, regardless of multiple show attendance.
January 4th, 2006 05:16 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

The casual fans are over 99% of the people in attendance... Look at the message boards and then look at tour attendance... We wouldn't even fill a 1/3 of one arena, regardless of multiple show attendance.

Sadly, he is right.....you think the shows are wide open now...just imagine if it was just us from the boards!!
January 4th, 2006 05:46 PM
ziggypayne 1.Shattered
2.It's Only Rock And Roll
3.Live With Me
4.Rocks Off
5.Oh No, Not You Again
6.Laugh, I Nearly Died
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Let It Bleed
9.Gimme Shelter
10.Infamy
11.Before They Make Me Run
12.Sympathy For The Devil (To B-Stage)
13.Rough Justice (B-Stage)
14.You Got Me Rocking (B-Stage)
15.Honky Tonk Women (To Main Stage)
16.Can't You Hear Me Knocking
17.Paint It Black
18.Jumpin' Jack Flash
19.Brown Sugar
20.Satisfaction

"ENCORE"
21.You Can't Always Get What You Want
22.Not Fade Away
January 4th, 2006 05:51 PM
Saint Sway The Voodoo Pugs are the ONLY band that would dare to tackle these set lists.

sadly, their final show is this Friday.

todays bands do not love the Stones
January 4th, 2006 06:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
The Voodoo Pugs are the ONLY band that would dare to tackle these set lists.

sadly, their final show is this Friday.

todays bands do not love the Stones

Your support is much appreciated. Wait until you see the nuggets we are digging up for the final show, including three songs never before played by the Voodoo Pugs and nearly half of the songs to be played were not released as singles or are off of ABB (and NO WE ARE NOT PLAYING SOL!!!)
January 4th, 2006 06:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
ziggypayne wrote:
1.Shattered
2.It's Only Rock And Roll
3.Live With Me
4.Rocks Off
5.Oh No, Not You Again
6.Laugh, I Nearly Died
7.Midnight Rambler
8.Let It Bleed
9.Gimme Shelter
10.Infamy
11.Before They Make Me Run
12.Sympathy For The Devil (To B-Stage)
13.Rough Justice (B-Stage)
14.You Got Me Rocking (B-Stage)
15.Honky Tonk Women (To Main Stage)
16.Can't You Hear Me Knocking
17.Paint It Black
18.Jumpin' Jack Flash
19.Brown Sugar
20.Satisfaction

"ENCORE"
21.You Can't Always Get What You Want
22.Not Fade Away

I would kill to see that in concert....
January 4th, 2006 06:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Your support is much appreciated. Wait until you see the nuggets we are digging up for the final show, including three songs never before played by the Voodoo Pugs and nearly half of the songs to be played were not released as singles or are off of ABB (and NO WE ARE NOT PLAYING SOL!!!)

Whats yalls website?....
January 4th, 2006 07:20 PM
Quarter Tone
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

...just imagine if it was just us from the boards!!

Well, in THAT case:

1. I'm a King Bee
2. Flight 505
3. Gimmie Shelter
4. Complicated
5. Mixed Emotions
6. Shattered
7. Let it Loose
8. Time Waits for No One
9. Soul Survivor
10. Goin' Home
11. Sleep tonight
12. Little T&A
13 Jigsaw Puzzle
14. Under My Thumb
15. Can't You Hear me Knockin'
16. Love is Strong
17. Mother's Little helper
18. Street Fighting Man
19 . Oh No Not You Again
20. Paint it Black
21. Brown Sugar
22. Jumping Jack Flash
January 4th, 2006 08:48 PM
Gimme Shelter Now setlist would be awesome!!!!!
January 6th, 2006 02:11 AM
highwire Yea I guess the "casual" fans are buying most of the tickets but how "casual" can they be.They are all still paying good cash. They just love the hits I guess and the whole thrill of being there. Wtf. Good for them! They keep the band on the road.
Speaking of road.Stones leaving 2002 Concert Hall rehearsals in Toronto from www.sweetemulsion.com.
Shots are from rear of hall.Little back door where limos would wait and a handful of fans could gather.

[Edited by highwire]
January 6th, 2006 09:31 AM
Paranoid_Android Even when they rehearse...they cant get it straight...have you seen the video for "It Wont Take Long"? Keith jacks up the opening chords and the look on Jagger's face...YEOWZER!!!

How long have they been playing MIDNITE RAMLBER? I was at Charlottesville...I can't even start to explain what those last 5 seconds were about...if you were there or have the show...you know what I mean.

You want them to be spontanious??? Like SAINT SWAY said...the only spontanious thing would be their simultanious combustion...and only if Mick OKd it!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)