ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new Stones commercial Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 3rd, 2006 12:35 PM
Saint Sway speaking of sell-outs...

just saw the latest and most embarrassing Stones ad. Its an ad for Sprint. Some kind of Sprint/Super Bowl promo tie-in.

shows a bunch of tools watching footage of the Stones performing Rain Fall Down on a flat screen. One of the tools starts dancing around the store to RFD. Its bad. Real bad.

I know consider Rain Fall Down to be worse than Back To Zero.

worst Stones ever.
January 3rd, 2006 12:52 PM
Jumacfly the Will I am remix save the song...great bass on it and no more tiny Clifford keyboard!!
January 3rd, 2006 01:16 PM
gimmekeef Two days into the New Year ..and they are finding even more ways to make money...Pathetic in many ways...Yet if Sprint wants to pay then cant say I would say no...
January 3rd, 2006 01:26 PM
Nellcote Q: Is Snow Edible?
A: Clean snow is certainly edible. Snow in urban areas may contain pollutants that one should not eat but they would probably be in such low concentrations that it might not matter. Still, eating snow should be restricted to "wilderness" areas. Sometimes snow contains algae which gives it a red color. This snow can be eaten and some say it actually tastes "good" but we have never tried it.

January 3rd, 2006 01:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
speaking of sell-outs...

just saw the latest and most embarrassing Stones ad. Its an ad for Sprint. Some kind of Sprint/Super Bowl promo tie-in.

shows a bunch of tools watching footage of the Stones performing Rain Fall Down on a flat screen. One of the tools starts dancing around the store to RFD. Its bad. Real bad.

I know consider Rain Fall Down to be worse than Back To Zero.

worst Stones ever.

Sadly, I have become quite the fan of RFD....I really wanted to dislike it as I dont care for songs that have an "Alfie" feel to them, but i really like this one.

HOw was MSG NYE....was it pretty empty in there?

From AMorica.org: "They can't fill this house up the way that U2, Springsteen and Pearl Jam do, but it was still really cool to see them play this venue and just flat-out own it, given that 90 percent of the Crowes shows I've seen have been small-venue shows." NOt only was the venue wide open, but the stones were slighted!!
[Edited by voodoopug]
January 3rd, 2006 01:51 PM
texile i like the song - but the american music awards fiasco just about killed it for anybody NOT a stones fan....
so whats the point of shoving down thier throats when they've already regurgated it?
im old enough to remember when the stones didn't HAVE to sell themselves.....
remember when miss you came out?
or start me up?

January 3rd, 2006 02:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

From AMorica.org: "They can't fill this house up the way that U2, Springsteen and Pearl Jam do, but it was still really cool to see them play this venue and just flat-out own it, given that 90 percent of the Crowes shows I've seen have been small-venue shows." NOt only was the venue wide open, but the stones were slighted!!

Pug, I thought they did a very respectable job of filling the arena. Place looked packed. The top 400 section was not sold - smart move. The rest of the arena was full. I did not see empties below the 400 section. And they owned. Had everyone on their feet rocking for nearly 3 hours.

most important, was that the Stones were not slighted, they were represened proudly. The Crowes paid their respects by closing the show with a blistering version of "Street Figthing Man"!!! They also teased with a rocking jam of Midnight Rambler at the close of the 1st set during Thorn In My Pride.

the F-U2's and all the other arena whores would never show the Stones any love. Crowes paid them a sweet tribute. The SFM encore was a great tip of the hat to the Worlds Greatest R&R Band.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 3rd, 2006 02:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Pug, I thought they did a very respectable job of filling the arena. Place looked packed. The top 400 section was not sold - smart move. The rest of the arena was full. I did not see empties below the 400 section. And they owned. Had everyone on their feet rocking for nearly 3 hours.

most important, was that the Stones were not slighted, they were represened proudly. The Crowes paid their respects by closing the show with a blistering version of "Street Figthing Man"!!! They also teased with a rocking jam of Midnight Rambler at the close of the 1st set during Thorn In My Pride.

the F-U2's and all the other arena whores would never show the Stones any love. Crowes paid them a sweet tribute.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Sorry, i meant slighted by that reviewer who said that the crowes didnt pack it like Bruce, u2, and Pearl Jam. The Crowes make no secrets that they respect the Stones and always do an admirable job of covering them. I just wish they could have sold some more tickets, the entire 400 level tarped off is a good sign for Rock music if one of the best rock bands out there cant sell out MSG on New YEars eve even with that pinhead Trey opening for him!
January 3rd, 2006 02:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:
i like the song - but the american music awards fiasco just about killed it for anybody NOT a stones fan....
so whats the point of shoving down thier throats when they've already regurgated it?

I fear that the promoing the song in the commercial is a bad sign that they will play it on the Super Bowl show.

I fear that the Stones performance will be 3 songs.
1 new song - unfortunately all signs are pointing to the dreadful RFD. I fecking hate that song!
2 war horses - probably the more crowd friendly hits like SMU, IORR or BS. Rather than their better classic rock warhorses like JJF or SFTD.
January 3rd, 2006 02:59 PM
Jumping Jack Playing RFD again is flogging a dead horse. I'd rather hear SOL or have an enema.
January 3rd, 2006 03:05 PM
gimmekeef GET the rubber hose Jumpin Jack....LOL
January 3rd, 2006 03:56 PM
GimmeExile As a shareholder of Sprint Nextel and a fan of the Rolling Stones, I am pleased to learn of this synergy.

January 3rd, 2006 07:58 PM
lonecrapshooter saint sway you are so full of shit I was at the show and there were empty seats all around you putz SFM was terrible "sleepy NY town" ugh" they were very good at times like when they played their old hits Robinson tries to be like jagger to an extreme couldn't even look at him after a while
January 3rd, 2006 08:20 PM
Ihavelotsajam
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, I have become quite the fan of RFD....I really wanted to dislike it as I dont care for songs that have an "Alfie" feel to them, but i really like this one.

"Sadly"? What are you, a masochist?

God, you people suck. You are all filled to the brim with preconceived notions of what the Stones should be, and then it's the STONES fault that they don't have anybody's support anymore.

Rain Fall Down is a catchy song. THey used commercials before too. Get over yourselves.
January 3rd, 2006 08:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
saint sway you are so full of shit I was at the show and there were empty seats all around you putz

I was on the floor. It was packed. Too packed. Way too many people filling the aisles and trying to scam into my row. From where I was the only empties I saw were up in the 400s. Rest of the arena looked pretty full from my spot.

quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
they were very good at times like when they played their old hits

they only played their old tunes. Plus, 5 covers. Really concentrated on the 1st 2 records. As those 2 albums made up the bulk of the set list. 1 song from Amorica. Zero songs from Three Snakes. Zero songs from By Your Side.

quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
Robinson tries to be like jagger to an extreme

true

quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
couldn't even look at him after a while

sounds like you should of planned your NYE around seeing a band that you enjoy

peace be with you in 06
January 3rd, 2006 08:58 PM
lonecrapshooter again you are not credible I was on the floor too dead center and waltzed to the front of the stage unimpeded I looked up across and all around too they were ok but not as great as you describe and inexplicably you are not telling the public the truth about the number of people there with you so I tend not to believe anything else you say
January 3rd, 2006 09:07 PM
Nellcote The commonly used ten-to-one ratio of snowfall to water content is a myth for much of the United States. This ratio varies from as low as 100-to-one to as high as about three-to-one depending on the meteorological conditions associated with the snowfall.
January 3rd, 2006 09:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
I tend not to believe anything else you say

It was really nice of you to weasle your way up to the front. You sound like a swell guy. So I'm sure no one minded at all.

I am proud to call you a fellow Amorican.
January 3rd, 2006 09:23 PM
beer I heard Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell joined the Crowes onstage for a song. Is that true? While onstage did they re enact any scenes from the movie "Overboard"?

-
January 3rd, 2006 09:31 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
lonecrapshooter wrote:
again you are not credible I was on the floor too dead center and waltzed to the front of the stage unimpeded I looked up across and all around too they were ok but not as great as you describe and inexplicably you are not telling the public the truth about the number of people there with you so I tend not to believe anything else you say

here are some reviews from some other people that were at MSG that you will also not want to believe and whose opinions you can also consider to be not credible

http://www.amorica.org/showthread.php?t=20222

http://www.amorica.org/showthread.php?t=20283

and here are some crowd shots of MSG. Looks pretty packed to me. Maybe the camera is lying too.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73605888@N00/
January 4th, 2006 12:33 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Ihavelotsajam wrote:

"Sadly"? What are you, a masochist?

God, you people suck. You are all filled to the brim with preconceived notions of what the Stones should be, and then it's the STONES fault that they don't have anybody's support anymore.

Rain Fall Down is a catchy song. THey used commercials before too. Get over yourselves.

my point was that it is catchy, and I tend to always stand by my initial decision, in my business, decisions are made quickly and confidence must be maintained with each decision. When the stones slip a song in that I initially did not like and decided that it was not one of my favorites, then SADLY, I have to admit that I was wrong; on the contrary, I am happy that after all these years the stones are able to surprise me with an album/song
January 4th, 2006 06:52 AM
IanBillen [quote]voodoopug wrote:

I only heard two songs from the Alfie sound track but neither one of them sounded anything close to the likes of RFD?

RFD is a total Stones tune IMO. Puts me to mind so much of an Undercover tune of sorts. I think it is a pretty darn good one too. Cool track.

Ian
January 4th, 2006 07:58 AM
Jair
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]voodoopug wrote:

I only heard two songs from the Alfie sound track but neither one of them sounded anything close to the likes of RFD?

RFD is a total Stones tune IMO. Puts me to mind so much of an Undercover tune of sorts. I think it is a pretty darn good one too. Cool track.

Ian

Agree a thousand pct!

January 4th, 2006 10:17 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
[quote]voodoopug wrote:

Ian

of course you like RFD

you listen to Pink

musical taste is, of course, subjective

that said, yours sucks
January 4th, 2006 10:21 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

of course you like RFD

you listen to Pink

that said, yours sucks

I do not listen to Pink.

I can see the resemblence between RFD and Undercover and Miss You, but it originally seemed like a Mick solo outtake that used the stones as a backup band. As I had mentioned, I was wrong, and after several listens, this song is constantly playing in my stereos and is a definite favorite of mine. It almost seems like they used the same idea for a groove that they tried with Anybody Seen My Baby and they got it 100% right this time.
January 4th, 2006 10:39 AM
jb If they have the gaul to play that abortion(see Salt Lake City incident) at the 1/2 time show, I truly may never go to another one of their shows....it would be the lamest move ever!!!
January 4th, 2006 10:41 AM
Nellcote Is RFD doing well in Europe?
January 4th, 2006 11:08 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I do not listen to Pink.

not you, Pug. Ian.

you are a man of wealth and impeccable taste (A Stones fan, A Crowes fan, and an F-U2 hater) that performs Stones songs live and spreads their magic to the masses.

of course, you do not listen to Pink.

although your new found love of RFD worries me.
January 4th, 2006 11:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

of course you like RFD

you listen to Pink

that said, yours sucks

LOL
imagine a Pink remix of RFD...OMG!!
January 4th, 2006 11:18 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL
imagine a Pink remix of RFD...OMG!!

she will duet on RFD at the Stupor Bowl
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)