ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Life of Brian voted best comedy film (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 2nd, 2006 04:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels LIFE OF BRIAN VOTED BEST COMEDY FILM

MONTY PYTHON classic THE LIFE OF BRIAN has been voted the Best Comedy Film of all time in a poll carried out by UK television network Channel 4.

The British movie beat out competition from AIRPLANE!, which came second, and zombie film SHAUN OF THE DEAD, which came third.

Channel 4 conducted the poll for their New Year's Day (01JAN06) programme THE 50 GREATEST COMEDY FILMS.

In fourth place came AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY, followed by cult animation SOUTH PARK at number five.

MONTY PYTHON scored again with THE HOLY GRAIL taking sixth place. AMERICAN PIE and BLAZING SADDLES came in seventh and eighth respectively.

Also to make the top ten were CAMERON DIAZ's THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY and rock musical THIS IS SPINAL TAP.

02/01/2006 21:02
contactmusic.com
January 2nd, 2006 04:32 PM
glencar Wha-wha-what about "Animal House"?
January 2nd, 2006 05:01 PM
Water Dragon Jeez...How about "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles?" Listmakers, you've gotta love'em!

Regards,

W.D.
January 2nd, 2006 06:33 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
LIFE OF BRIAN VOTED BEST COMEDY FILM

MONTY PYTHON classic THE LIFE OF BRIAN has been voted the Best Comedy Film of all time in a poll carried out by UK television network Channel 4.

BOLLOCKS!!
January 2nd, 2006 07:32 PM
lotsajizz Python's 'The Meaning Of Life' belongs in there somewhere

as does 'Some Like It Hot'

Marilyn, mmmmmm

OK now

Cazart!!
January 2nd, 2006 09:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Water Dragon wrote:
Jeez...How about "Trains, Planes, and Automobiles?" Listmakers, you've gotta love'em!

Regards,

W.D.

"THOSE Aren't pillows!!!" - one of the funniest scenes ever...

Life of Brian is hard to beat....Animal House is definitely up there too, for me..
January 2nd, 2006 10:27 PM
the good Your not being the ball, Danny.
January 2nd, 2006 10:28 PM
Scottfree British and humor is an oxymoron...
January 2nd, 2006 10:33 PM
the good
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
British and humor is an oxymoron...

No way. Few people have mastered the art of comedy like the British.
January 3rd, 2006 03:32 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hes not the messiah...hes a very naughty boy!

Classic film
January 3rd, 2006 04:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
British and humor is an oxymoron...

bollocks
January 3rd, 2006 05:27 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Britain lays claim to some of the funniest people who have ever lived.

The problem is that the USA dont have the balls to show great comedey, just in case it offends.

So they leave it at Benny Hill
January 3rd, 2006 07:13 AM
jostorm My favourite funny british movie is "Saving Grace", anyone watch that one?

And to British Humour: there is LOADS of it around, because somehow british comedians get away with incredibly politically incorrect sketches, even on TV...

Americans, however, are by now so diseased with their own invention of "political correctness", that the only thing left to have fun at is their own president! My favourite GW Bush quote being: "The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepeneur"....
January 3rd, 2006 07:51 AM
JumpingKentFlash I agree in Plains, Trains And Automobiles is great. For me it's no. 2 after Life Of Brian. That's the best by far. No. 3 would be Coming To America.
January 3rd, 2006 08:31 AM
Voodoo Scrounge coming to america? are you seriou. That is one lame film.

My top 5

Life of Brian
The Great Outdoors
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation
National Lampoons European Vacation
Cannonball Run II
January 3rd, 2006 08:36 AM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
coming to america? are you seriou. That is one lame film.

My top 5

Life of Brian
The Great Outdoors
Cannonball Run II

Funny. I consider Cannonball Run BOTH movies very lame. And the National Lampoon's can be funny, but if you saw one you saw them all.
[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
January 3rd, 2006 10:52 AM
Doxa I just saw Scorsese's Dylan documentary "No Direction Home".

Does anyone else see any resemblance between it and "Life of Brian"?

- Doxa
January 3rd, 2006 11:05 AM
Gazza lol..yes

1) both Bob & Brian were Jewish
2) their followers think that they're God
3) George Harrison was involved in the production of Life of Brian. He was also a good friend of Dylan's.
4) both had to deal with various zealots and loonies who accused them of selling out. Dylan had to contend with outraged folkies who were pissed off at him going electric. Brian and the Peoples Front of Judaea had to contend with the Judaean Peoples Front and Free Galilee.
January 3rd, 2006 11:20 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Q) Are you the peoples front of Judea?

A) FUCK OFF! We are the Judean peoples front!

Classic
January 3rd, 2006 05:58 PM
JaggerLips HE'S NOT THE MESSIAH HE'S A VERY NAUGHTY BOY!

IT'S A SIGN!!!

I'M BRIAN AND SO IS MY WIFE!

Quality stuff easily the FUNNIEST film ever to grace Briandom!
January 3rd, 2006 06:43 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
coming to america? are you seriou. That is one lame film.

My top 5

Life of Brian
The Great Outdoors
Cannonball Run II

Bollocks!!

January 3rd, 2006 09:54 PM
prism This topic does have Stones content. Keith showed Life of Brian to his kids, much to his wife's dismay, and now daughter Theo lists it as one of her favorites.
January 4th, 2006 07:41 AM
Gazza Prism

Theo has a list of favourites?

Can you post it please, for the listomaniacs amongst us? ;-)

Thanks

PS - are you going to MSG this month, or are you still 'Way Out West'* these days?

(* another one of my favourite comedy films...)
[Edited by Gazza]
January 4th, 2006 10:53 AM
JumpingKentFlash Bvian: I'm NOT a Roman mum. I'm a kike, a jit, a hook-face. I'm a red-sea pedestrian AND PROUD OF IT!!!!!!!!

Bvian's mum: Sex, sex, sex that's all they think about.

[Edited by JumpingKentFlash]
January 4th, 2006 09:18 PM
prism Theo and Alex listed their favorites at a Tommy Hilfiger site. They listed Justin Timberlake and spaghetti, I can't remember what else.

I don't know if I'll be at MSG. I saw California shows. Did anyone notice that Keith's long tan coat at Angel Stadium was tattered and chewed as if he'd been attacked by a pack of dogs? Ruff justice.
January 4th, 2006 09:40 PM
gypsymofo60 If it weren't for the thousands of fucking idiots, who for over the last 26 years or what ever it's been since it was first released, who constantly get up my nose by quoting the bloody thing verbatim at the drop of hat I would would probably still enjoy the film, but best comedy? Don't think so.
January 5th, 2006 08:02 AM
Gazza
quote:
gypsymofo60 wrote:
If it weren't for the thousands of fucking idiots, who for over the last 26 years or what ever it's been since it was first released, who constantly get up my nose by quoting the bloody thing verbatim at the drop of hat I would would probably still enjoy the film,

"oh shut up, big nose...."

"one more time, mate - I'll take you to the fucking cleaners!!"
January 5th, 2006 12:05 PM
JaggerLips Wealease Wodger
Welease Woderick!

"He has a wife you know? Incontinentia, Incontinetia Buttocks"

"There's lumps of it around the back"
January 5th, 2006 01:58 PM
BILL PERKS BEST LINE IN CADDYSHACK-"WHO MADE YOU POPE OF THIS DUMP?"

HAVENT SEEN LIFE OF BRIAN,I ABSOLUTELY LOVED HOLY GRAIL
January 5th, 2006 03:31 PM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BEST LINE IN CADDYSHACK-"WHO MADE YOU POPE OF THIS DUMP?"

I have used that line many times to various jumped-up gobshites over the years. Dangerfield is on fire in that one.

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)