ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tickets' prices analysis worldwide - check it out Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
December 30th, 2005 06:50 PM
glencar Oh & can you bring some coke please? TIA!
December 31st, 2005 06:29 AM
Jumping Jack Be sure to check out Clinton's double wide library while in Arkansas! They have much of his important stuff on tape for his many supporters who can't read.
December 31st, 2005 12:32 PM
glencar I've gone to the Reagan & Nixon libraries when in Southern Cal. Not a chance I'll check out the rube's joint.
December 31st, 2005 01:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I am a poor speller, bad student of geography, yet, somehow, I make more than 99% of the US population...kinda weird? I also know that, sadly, the Monterey show has not completely sold out........and for that, I am sorry.....I feel Mexico, South America and Europe have really slapped the band in the face this tour.................they are (sans Mexico) getting lower prices ansd still not selling well. Mexico has no excuse as they skipped there last tour..........I feel bad for Voodoo as it must feel bad not to have your country love the band you love so much....I feel the same way about US non-sell-outs..it
really effects me emotionally when a city does not sell well...I feel that people are reject ing what I consider the greeatest thing in my life other than my family.....I know your a little more mature when it comes to those things, but deep down, I suspect you were also hoping for more shows and complete sell outs. As for Sheffield(http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/) , all I have to say is that Bon Jovi and U2 have done quite well there........nuff said. Happy New Years Guys!!!! Your geographically, spelling-bee loser, self-made millionaire.

December 31st, 2005 07:47 PM
glencar I was hoping for more shows on this side too Joshy but Jagger can't sing as often as he used to.
December 31st, 2005 08:11 PM
Gazza jb babbled :

quote:
I feel Mexico, South America and Europe have really slapped the band in the face this tour.................

you dont seriously feel that the reverse is actually the case? Do you live in the real world? Have you any concept of the hole in most people's pockets these shows make?

quote:

they are (sans Mexico) getting lower prices ansd still not selling well.

lower prices than what? last tour? Most tickets in most regions have DOUBLED at least. people justifiably tend to take umbrage at that. Or do you mean "lower prices than America"? What the fuck kind of logic is that? Different countries have different economies. What the fuck relevance has the fact that a ticket in South America or Holland or England costs less got to do with ticket prices in another country? You're supposedly an intelligent man. Seriously - how difficult a concept is this to grasp?

quote:

Mexico has no excuse as they skipped there last tour..........

Here's an excuse which may switch a light on in your head and give you an excuse to spare us the patronising, arrogant crap. The average annual income in Mexico (according to the most recent figure, published by the World Bank in 2001) is US $5,530. Say for the sake of argument in the last five years its gone up to $6,500 (in all likelihood its lower). By my calculations, according to a recent post of yours, thats what you'd make in two or three days. For Monterrey the Stones are charging $357 for a category A ticket. Thats about 3 weeks salary for the average Mexican. The average per capita income in the US last year was $38,000. Ask yourself how many tickets the Stones would sell if their top price was $2,000 which is roughly the equivalent of what theyre charging in Mexico

Even the cheapest tickets for Mexico (US$31) would be equivalent to charging about $175 in the US

Do you need it spelled out any further?

quote:
I feel bad for Voodoo as it must feel bad not to have your country love the band you love so much....I feel the same way about US non-sell-outs..it
really effects me emotionally when a city does not sell well...I feel that people are reject ing what I consider the greeatest thing in my life other than my family.....I know your a little more mature when it comes to those things, but deep down, I suspect you were also hoping for more shows and complete sell outs. As for Sheffield(http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/) , all I have to say is that Bon Jovi and U2 have done quite well there........nuff said. Happy New Years Guys!!!! Your geographically, spelling-bee loser, self-made millionaire.

mm..yeah I wonder why those bands have done so well..! Could it be that they respect their fans enough to make their shows affordable to most of them instead of targetting them to people who have forgotten what its like to try and balance a family budget every month?

here's a little test for you. Seriously, it shouldnt be too difficult...

see if you can see the connection between the following two quotes and your lack of understanding as to why some of these sales are slower than you'd expect them to be...

quote:
I make more than 99% of the US population

quote:
I feel that people are rejecting what I consider the greatest thing in my life other than my family

[Edited by Gazza]
December 31st, 2005 08:27 PM
glencar I too make an excellent salary & I can afford whatever show I want & even I'm tired of their shenanigans. I used to look forward to tours & all but I can't see going to any beyond this one.
December 31st, 2005 08:37 PM
Gazza At least you have principles and can see that you're being fucked with.

Good luck to anyone who happens to have a successful, well paid job and doesnt have to worry about financial struggles like the vast majority of people - I've no problem with that at all - but to bitch about other people's 'loyalty' to a band thats bleeding most people white - especially in countries less affluent than your own - is condescending in the extreme.
January 1st, 2006 08:49 AM
glencar It's just schtick, Gazza, I don't think he realizes how cruel it can seem.
January 1st, 2006 10:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
It's just schtick, Gazza, I don't think he realizes how cruel it can seem.

I know...lol...I just like to have the last word and be a needling little bastard, though...lol
January 1st, 2006 03:32 PM
glencar Whew! For a moment there, I thought you were taking him seriously!
January 1st, 2006 03:47 PM
Gazza I don't. But I know that a lot of people do - which is often the case if English is not your first language and its natural to take such remarks at face value
January 3rd, 2006 09:46 AM
jostorm Gosh, I sure hope I never incurr your wrath, Gazza !!!!

But you're right, by now everyone, even those with an IQ lower than their shoesize, ought to have figured out that we are being financially screwed by the Stones in every imaginable way but without the excitement that usually goes with it! (And if at least I'd come every time they do so, I wouldn't complain...)
Personally, I am fairly privileged in having "money to play with" left over at the end of each month, I know this is not the case for everyone, and those for whom it isn't so may actually even love them more than I do, or the Stones may play a far larger role in their life than they do in mine...
BUT somehow I can only repeat what some poster posted either here or on IORR a while ago: "Something has broken inside"....
I'll see them in Madrid, Amsterdam and Berlin this tour, but only because there are good friends I can meet up with and have a blast with in those cities, and I so far seem immune this time to the "getasmanyticketsasIcanbug". Not only that, but their English dates coincide with my family holiday this year, and I will miss ALL their UK dates, but I honestly can't even be arsed to even consider rescheduling my hols, and this says it all... I'd go one step further and send them a hospital-sized tube of KY-jelly to stick all the Wembley seats up their arses if only I knew where to post it to....I very much doubt my attitude will change as the European dates approach, because the disappointment at yet another Compilation CD Vegas Act performance is just too great, not to mention the broken promise of clubshows, that one REALLY pisses me off!
And whatever you do, DON'T watch Ladies and Gents or any other footage from the time when they were actually proper musicians enjoying their own shows, or you'll be gutted by the contrast of what shows are nowadays!
We'll see what they're like when they hit the First World, and I'm sure I'll have a blast with my friends in any case, but something has definitely broken!
January 3rd, 2006 10:19 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Gosh, I sure hope I never incurr your wrath, Gazza !!!!

LOL..no chance...I'm a pussycat, really....

quote:
I'd go one step further and send them a hospital-sized tube of KY-jelly to stick all the Wembley seats up their arses if only I knew where to post it to....

ouch!! a frightening visual
January 3rd, 2006 10:32 AM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
LOL..no chance...I'm a pussycat, really....

Yeah, right!...and I'm the Queen of England, rotflmao

...don't bullshit this poor soul, Gazza
January 3rd, 2006 10:46 AM
Jumacfly I won t see them in 2006.
Why?? becuz those ticket prices are crazy and show their lack of respect for their fans.
Even Bon Jovi or the Pussycat Dolls do it better.
Call me a dumb, a poor guy, a stupid and not loyal fan, I don t care.
with one ticket I can go and have a royal week with my girl, or going to the supermarket and have food for 2 weeks.Even if I plan to be rich in 2006
Life is a question of priority, seeing a warhorses show for such a high price really bores me, 2 years after Bercy one of the best moment of my life!
Anyway, the Stones are not a musical force anymore, let's face it.I m more interested by music than by inflatables, giant screen and the ugliest stage they ve ever done(looks like a parking)
in 2006 the $tone$ bore me.
yes.
really.
the american express presale,SOL, the posing on stage,seeing Blondie on maracas breaking Charlie's great sense of rythm, rarities...
Don t get me wrong: it s just my humble opinion.
I don t judge anyone...
I got many respect for people who are ready to pay a lot to see them, and much more respect for people who will make sacrifices in the next month to attend a show.
Gazza said it better than me earlier....
My only regret is that I will miss my RO pals who will attend those shows.

so my dear pals enjoy the tour and have a drink on me!!

cheers
JU
[Edited by Jumacfly]
January 3rd, 2006 08:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
so my dear pals enjoy the tour and have a drink on me!!

cheers
JU

I will... I will Jumy

BTW, I read your message earlier and it was too short but with the same content.

Yes, too bad, many real hard-core fans won't see them because of the price and in the particular case of Monterrey to pay such a big fucking amount of money to see hot rocks is not a very attractive to many fans.

Probably I'm gonna be in a press conference and will let the stones know about the relative price here, as in terms of macroeconomical factors these are going to be BY FAR the most expensive shows of the whole world tour; and also let them know abou the facts that many loyal fans are selling their soul for some rock and roll, so in exchange of a longer set of let say 25 songs, a 30 minutes version of Midnight Rambler, Sway back to the set, a live debut of LIND, or what?
January 4th, 2006 10:00 AM
jb I never even heard of the world chart before the abysmal sales of ABB..........It's like those awards Price Albert gives Michael Jackson in Monoco. To suggest ABB is a commerical suiccess is deny reality...still less than 500k sold in US!!! That's unheard of for a major Stones release(8 yrs in the making), and promoted beyond any other album in recent time.
Yes, we beat U2 in gross thank god...b/c Cohl knew grest fans like myslef and Pug would pay the price-no matter how high, to see the event that I now refer to as the Rolling Stones Family show. U2 clearly has a stronger fan base, and sold substantially more product(3 milliom albums plus in USA). The fact that the Stones lowered their prices for non-USA shows, and have failed to sell as well, reflects their decline overseas...and to think at the disgust of some of the fans who bitched that they skipped their countries last tour, yet, with lower prices, can't sell more than a show or 2. Bottom line, we(USA) as always, subsidized the foreign ticket prices and lesseened the cost..That's why we shall get more shows in 06......we deserve it!!!!!!!!!

[Edited by jb]
January 4th, 2006 10:03 AM
Jumacfly Hi jb
say hi to the $tone$ for me in 2006!

cheers
JU
January 4th, 2006 10:09 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Hi jb
say hi to the $tone$ for me in 2006!

cheers
JU

Happy New Year my French friend!!! Nice has sold 43,978 (including parking passes!!!) Have a great year.
January 4th, 2006 10:09 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
I never even heard of the world chart before the abysmal sales of ABB..........It's like those awards Price Albert gives Michael Jackson in Monoco. To suggest ABB is a commerical suiccess is deny reality...still less than 500k sold in US!!! That's unheard of for a major Stones release(8 yrs in the making), and promoted beyond any other album in recent time.
Yes, we beat U2 in gross thank god...b/c Cohl knew grest fans like myslef and Pug would pay the price-no matter how high, to see the event that I now refer to as the Rolling Stones Family show. U2 clearly has a stronger fan base, and sold substantially more product(3 milliom albums plus in USA). The fact that the Stones lowered their prices for non-USA shows, and have failed to sell as well, reflects their decline overseas...and to think at the disgust of some of the fans who bitched that they skipped their countries last tour, yet, with lower prices, can't sell more than a show or 2. Bottom line, we(USA) as always, subsidized the foreign ticket prices and lesseened the cost..That's why we shall get more shows in 06......we deserve it!!!!!!!!!

January 4th, 2006 10:11 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:
Bottom line, we (USA) as always, subsidized the foreign ticket prices and lesseened the cost..That's why we shall get more shows in 06......we deserve it!!!!!!!!!

jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

This, on the verge of our grand meeting at rhe lower level concession stand at MSG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHy Gazza, why???
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

Happy New Year my French friend!!! Nice has sold 43,978 (including parking passes!!!) Have a great year.

have a great year too my friend!
January 4th, 2006 10:12 AM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

As I knew all along , we shall not greet...!!!!
January 4th, 2006 10:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

This, on the verge of our grand meeting at rhe lower level concession stand at MSG!!!!!!!!!!!! WHy Gazza, why???

LOL
January 4th, 2006 10:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL..I can see Gazza is in great shape in 2006!
January 4th, 2006 10:13 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

LOL

LOL indeed!!!! You will be privately greeted......I shall e-mail with details of my whereabouts....I shall be wearing prosthetic nose and penis.
January 4th, 2006 10:17 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

As I knew all along , we shall not greet...!!!!

January 4th, 2006 10:18 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Hey jb... where's your sense of humor?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)