ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tickets' prices analysis worldwide - check it out Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
December 28th, 2005 06:12 PM
Soldatti The prices in Mexico are a madness.
December 29th, 2005 09:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
The prices in Mexico are a madness.

Not madness but stupidity, specially in Monterrey; many real fans are bitching about it and many of them can't afford a ticket as the only two "affordable" prices are already sold out.

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
December 29th, 2005 09:28 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is an update of the chart showing weighted averages for three venues

December 29th, 2005 10:11 PM
jb Don't get mad Voodoo,,it's just my opinion, which means nothing to many...but I am very disappointed in South American/Mexico sales........I thpught we would get 3-4 sell-outs in each country.........please don't ban me..this is not meant as an insult.
[Edited by jb]
December 29th, 2005 10:51 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ticket prices for the shows in Japan - one of the wealthiest and most expensive countries in the world - peak at $163, yet almost all of the tickets in Mexico - which I would guess is one of the poorer countries - are more expensive and peak at over $360, which is probably a few weeks salary for many people.

The logic behind all of this baffles me.

I guess the thinking is that as there are only 2 shows in Mexico, and in cities some considerable distance from each other, that there are still enough rich people in a country of 100 million or so (I'm guessing at the population figures) to take a chance with such extortionate prices, and those who live an ordinary existence can basically go fuck themselves.

Vegas goes south of the border,it seems.

Gazza-- I think that is exactly right. They are not thinking of the people involved. They are thinking what prices would be needed to make the trip financially worth THEIR while. Think of distance, costs of air fare, cost of lodging, cost of the venue, and other incidentals. They figure there are enough people there or who would travel there to sell out the venues even at the higher prices. The farther away from other venues to be considered, the higher the prices they need to charge to make the trip profitable. Like for any other corporation, it's all about the money. Places like NY are the exception where there are more than enough rich and crazy couchies to sell out even at higher prices.

December 29th, 2005 10:59 PM
voodoopug thankfully we will beat U2 in 2005....i hope that the much lower 2006 pricing structure doesnt hurt our bottom line!!!
December 29th, 2005 11:00 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
thankfully we will beat U2 in 2005....i hope that the much lower 2006 pricing structure doesnt hurt our bottom line!!!

It could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 29th, 2005 11:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

It could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sweeden has stepped up to the plate and sold very well!!
December 29th, 2005 11:13 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sweeden has stepped up to the plate and sold very well!!

Horsen too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Amsterdam, Glasgow, Japan, Germany, the other Scotish venue, and Wembley 2 are slow!!!!!!!!!!
December 29th, 2005 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Josh, I (we) ain't gonna ban you for express that, but seems that you don't get the point. Why the fuck you mix the fans with this? This thread is about marketing, global economies, business, etc but not loyalty Josh.

Anyway, I don?t see why you're upset with the Latin American fans. If you're upset about SALES, it's clear from the above that the sales in Mexico in terms of money (not seats) will be superior to many other venues / countries / states. And what the fuck? I don?t see a relation with the fans. If you want to ?judge and evaluate the fans worldwide? then come and feel the hot Latin way to rock while the Stones are on stage? feel it and please don?t evaluate in such a subjective way!

I know you're talking about number of shows and seats, if you want to blame someone don't blame the fans but the producers, promoters and of course Michael Cohl.

The thing here Josh is that I'm sad because many real fans will miss the shows, that's the point and many of them are friends of mine. Sad, sad, sad.

Let me tell you that if instead of just plain dollars in my graphics we put ?effort to get tix? introducing macroeconomics factors like acquisition power and per capita income, the graphic would show something completely different, showing the Mexican fans as the fans doing miracles to attend the shows.
December 29th, 2005 11:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
LOL Josh, I (we) ain't gonna ban you for express that, but seems that you don't get the point. Why the fuck you mix the fans with this? This thread is about marketing, global economies, business, etc but not loyalty Josh.

Anyway, I don?t see why you're upset with the Latin American fans. If you're upset about SALES, it's clear from the above that the sales in Mexico in terms of money (not seats) will be superior to many other venues / countries / states. And what the fuck? I don?t see a relation with the fans. If you want to ?judge and evaluate the fans worldwide? then come and feel the hot Latin way to rock while the Stones are on stage? feel it and please don?t evaluate in such a subjective way!

I know you're talking about number of shows and seats, if you want to blame someone don't blame the fans but the producers, promoters and of course Michael Cohl.

The thing here Josh is that I'm sad because many real fans will miss the shows, that's the point and many of them are friends of mine. Sad, sad, sad.

Let me tell you that if instead of just plain dollars in my graphics we put ?effort to get tix? introducing macroeconomics factors like acquisition power and per capita income, the graphic would show something completely different, showing the Mexican fans as the fans doing miracles to attend the shows.

regardless of ticket prices and sales of the top dollar tickets, no one can deny that Latin American Stones fans are arguably the best/livliest out there.
December 29th, 2005 11:29 PM
jb I understand Voodoo and your graph is truly am amazing tool for analyzing pricing. But to me, money is secondary...tickets for all acts have risen beyond the avrage Joe's cost. Nontheless, as Pug and I explained, anyone wanting to get a ticket at face or below could do so this tour..I know..I've beem to around 11 shows, and have seen it first hand...Ask Pug..he did it!!!! Anyway, I am happy we won the gross and I am proud to have made this board a great place for true fans to post...................Yes, I may have a large egoZ(see LBJ circa 63-68), but , as some may have told uou , I also have a big heart(as well as cock) . Bienviniedos!!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 30th, 2005 06:04 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Horsen too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But Amsterdam, Glasgow, Japan, Germany, the other Scotish venue, and Wembley 2 are slow!!!!!!!!!!

what "other Scottish venue"? Glasgow is the only one..someone send this dude an atlas!

PS : Wembley 2 is sold out and er..japan isnt even on sale yet (good excuse for slow sales!)
December 30th, 2005 12:47 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

what "other Scottish venue"? Glasgow is the only one..someone send this dude an atlas!

PS : Wembley 2 is sold out and er..japan isnt even on sale yet (good excuse for slow sales!)

Sheiffield, England..sorry!!! You shall still be greeted(and bring a me a bottle of 25 yr ardbeg..I'll pay you upon arrival!!!)
December 30th, 2005 01:55 PM
voodoopug jb has been humiliated. Happy New Year
December 30th, 2005 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
jb has been humiliated. Happy New Year

Yehh, Happy New year to all of ya!!!! Gold rings on Ya!!! and fuck you to my enemies....
December 30th, 2005 03:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Sheiffield, England..sorry!!! You shall still be greeted(and bring a me a bottle of 25 yr ardbeg..I'll pay you upon arrival!!!)

I'll bring a map!!!
December 30th, 2005 04:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll bring a map!!!

ANOTHER JB HUMILIATION! This is great! I have arranged for Josh to receive a check from me to cover your first Beer when you meet up with Josh. Please enjoy it.
December 30th, 2005 05:10 PM
Gazza I will, Pug. It will be an honour to be added to your 'drank with' list, if only by proxy!
December 30th, 2005 05:28 PM
glencar Is Lil Rock the cheapest USA venue? I've been thinking about going there as the date works out w/my work schedule. Anyone else going there?
December 30th, 2005 06:20 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I'll bring a map!!!

And a dictionary with spelling of British cities "Sheiffield"

No pun intended as I'm sure it was a typo but I just wanted to add a li'l contribution to the humiliating torture he has been a victim of for the last months. Keep rocking my dearest half bro!!
December 30th, 2005 06:31 PM
jb I am a poor speller, bad student of geography, yet, somehow, I make more than 99% of the US population...kinda weird? I also know that, sadly, the Monterey show has not completely sold out........and for that, I am sorry.....I feel Mexico, South America and Europe have really slapped the band in the face this tour.................they are (sans Mexico) getting lower prices ansd still not selling well. Mexico has no excuse as they skipped there last tour..........I feel bad for Voodoo as it must feel bad not to have your country love the band you love so much....I feel the same way about US non-sell-outs..it
really effects me emotionally when a city does not sell well...I feel that people are reject ing what I consider the greeatest thing in my life other than my family.....I know your a little more mature when it comes to those things, but deep down, I suspect you were also hoping for more shows and complete sell outs. As for Sheffield(http://www.sheffieldtoday.net/) , all I have to say is that Bon Jovi and U2 have done quite well there........nuff said. Happy New Years Guys!!!! Your geographically, spelling-bee loser, self-made millionaire.
December 30th, 2005 06:34 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Lil Rock the cheapest USA venue? I've been thinking about going there as the date works out w/my work schedule. Anyone else going there?

Seriously thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 30th, 2005 06:37 PM
glencar Let's do it!
December 30th, 2005 06:37 PM
glencar Ritz Carlton, right?
December 30th, 2005 06:44 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Let's do it!

I will go if pregancy does not intefere.........I will stay at whatever is the best hotel..It could be the Peabody in Arkansas...
December 30th, 2005 06:45 PM
glencar That's the one with the ducks walking across a path?
December 30th, 2005 06:46 PM
glencar I gotta check tix availability.
December 30th, 2005 06:47 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's the one with the ducks walking across a path?

Yes...........

Beaitiful ..they stayed their in Memphis...I shall get great tickets as this is a weak market....~~~~
December 30th, 2005 06:50 PM
glencar Sec 205 is best avail & that's a single. I didn't check doubles. Lemme know.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)