ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tickets' prices analysis worldwide - check it out Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
December 27th, 2005 07:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I made an analysis in full detail of many venues worldwide. The weighted average based on prices breakdown and venue distribution put Monterrey as the second most expensive venue and based on the audience capacity probably this gives the biggest gross or one of the biggest gross sales. For the analyzed venues and for the first three is the biggest gross sales.

The highest weighted average prices are

1.- Las Vegas, NV USA
    2.- Monterrey, NL México
    3.- New York City, NY USA

Of these three venues an according to the venue capacity and the prices / distribution the order is

The highest weighted average prices are

1.- Monterrey, NL México
    2.- Las Vegas, NV USA
    3.- New York City, NY USA

Also because of the NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement) the expenses will be as high as other cities in he USA, so probably this gives one the most attractives venues so far in net profit.

This is a comparative table and below a graphic, in all cases these are the basis:

• I took the prices today from the ticketmaster (or equivalent) websites
  • I made the currency conversions to dollars using the currency exchange rates for each country from Yahoo Finance.
  • In all cases the ticket price is the one at the website before all other charges (ticketbastard, S&H, etc)

NOTE: See second page of this thread for an update.

Why? I don’t know, Monterrey is the richest City in Mexico but can’t believe is richer than all those cities in the USA or Europe.

So now jb and voodoopug that are "rating the fans worldwide" please see why I was right when I told you that we're the fans doing the biggest effort to buy tickets to see the Stones live, as those prices don't match with the countries' economies.

If you have dounts about those figures just go to http://www.rollingstones.com and follow the links to buy tickets and made the currency exchange to USD

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
December 27th, 2005 07:57 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl dounts = doubts
December 28th, 2005 10:11 AM
egon i feel your pain voodoo.
December 28th, 2005 10:24 AM
jb I just wish Mexico was able to have 3 sold out stadium shows..to me,it's a bit disappointing compared to U2...I know yiu are satisfied Voodoo, but I expected at least 3 shows with a total of 150k...............
December 28th, 2005 10:25 AM
egon let's look at the bright side JB;
at least you don't have ball cancer.
December 28th, 2005 10:32 AM
egon as long as you can make to the S.O.T.C.
that's ALL that matters
December 28th, 2005 11:40 AM
jb Bottom line, U2 outsold us, but we may outgross them...Mexico was a little disappointing IMO....I was hoping for at least 3 shows with 50k a piece since they skipped there last time. I think that hope for the same.....
December 28th, 2005 11:48 AM
Madafaka Do you see? Is cheaper fly to Buenos Aires and get your ticket than buy a ticket in Mexico.

Down here, U2 first day is sold out and today start the sale for their second show. We're under a U2 fever right now. And of course, tickets prices are the same than Stones concerts.
December 28th, 2005 11:50 AM
jb
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
Do you see? Is cheaper fly to Buenos Aires and get your ticket than buy a ticket in Mexico.

Down here, U2 first day is sold out and today start the sale for their second show. We're under a U2 fever right now. And of course, tickets prices are the same than Stones concerts.

So even at the same price, U2 beats us!!!! Argentina is no longer a hot stones market....
December 28th, 2005 11:52 AM
Madafaka
quote:
jb wrote:
So even at the same price, U2 beats us!!!! Argentina is no longer a hot stones market....

Well, both Stones concerts are sold out too.
December 28th, 2005 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

Well, both Stones concerts are sold out too.

Thank god!!!
December 28th, 2005 11:57 AM
gimmekeef Voodoochile...I need to put some sales budgets together for 2006.Like your math expertise..can u help me?....lol
December 28th, 2005 11:57 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat How about Amsterdam?
December 28th, 2005 12:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
egon wrote:
i feel your pain voodoo.

Well, I'm gonna be at both shows in excellent places (fourth row and eleventh row both dead center) but my pain is that many REAL FANS won't attend because of the prices and that many fucking primadonnas and rich people will be instead.
December 28th, 2005 12:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Since someone asked, let me explain how a WEIGHTED AVERAGE is calculated:

A weighted average is not an regular average (the sum of prices divided by the amount of different prices) the formula used was:

Weighted average = Sum((amount of tickets for each price) times (price for that section))/(Total mount of tickets for the venue)

If you see the venue map for Monterrey (from this website, IORR), the expensive prices are almost 85% of the venue capacity, this is why the weighted average for this venue gives the most expensive weighted average

December 28th, 2005 12:22 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Las Vegas

December 28th, 2005 12:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl NYC

December 28th, 2005 12:25 PM
Zeeta Very interesting and cool...thanks professor Voodoo!

December 28th, 2005 12:54 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl These are the weighted prices, amount of seats and gross sales. The most expensive weighted average price goes to Las Vegas, and then Monterrey but the gross sales are more than twice in Monterrey.

1.- Monterrey $262 USD
38,000 seats
Gross sales $9,922,037

2.- Las Vegas $280.9 USD
14,000 seats
Gross sales $3,932,250

3.- New York City $195
USD 19,000 seats
Gross sales $3,700,250

December 28th, 2005 01:18 PM
jb
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Well, I'm gonna be at both shows in excellent places (fourth row and eleventh row both dead center) but my pain is that many REAL FANS won't attend because of the prices and that many fucking primadonnas and rich people will be instead.

In other words, the shows are wide open?
December 28th, 2005 01:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl No Josh, factory girls, the salt of the earth and the working class heroes will miss the shows in Monterrey and Mexico City
December 28th, 2005 01:30 PM
jb
quote:
No Josh, factory girls, the salt of the earth and the working class heroes will miss the shows in Monterrey and Mexico City

In other words, only successful people, like yourself, shall attend? But they did sellout? 55k plus 38K =93k totaql attendance compared to 300k plus for U2?
December 28th, 2005 01:31 PM
Dan With the seats behind the stage blocked out, I dont think MGM and MSG has that capacity.
December 28th, 2005 01:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I took the seats numbers from IORR as Bjornulf use to put not the venue capacity but the reported sales for each venue for the Rolling Stones shows
December 28th, 2005 01:38 PM
jb
quote:
I took the seats numbers from IORR as Bjornulf use to put not the venue capacity but the reported sales for each venue for the Rolling Stones shows

A great marketing tool? Thanks Voodoo!!! And yes, those fucking primadonnas are the worst..telling me to sit down in my 2500k seats..fuck them!!!

[Edited by jb]
December 28th, 2005 02:44 PM
Gazza Ticket prices for the shows in Japan - one of the wealthiest and most expensive countries in the world - peak at $163, yet almost all of the tickets in Mexico - which I would guess is one of the poorer countries - are more expensive and peak at over $360, which is probably a few weeks salary for many people.

The logic behind all of this baffles me.

I guess the thinking is that as there are only 2 shows in Mexico, and in cities some considerable distance from each other, that there are still enough rich people in a country of 100 million or so (I'm guessing at the population figures) to take a chance with such extortionate prices, and those who live an ordinary existence can basically go fuck themselves.

Vegas goes south of the border,it seems.
December 28th, 2005 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Ticket prices for the shows in Japan - one of the wealthiest and most expensive countries in the world - peak at $163, yet almost all of the tickets in Mexico - which I would guess is one of the poorer countries - are more expensive and peak at over $360, which is probably a few weeks salary for many people.

The logic behind all of this baffles me.

I guess the thinking is that as there are only 2 shows in Mexico, and in cities some considerable distance from each other, that there are still enough rich people in a country of 100 million or so (I'm guessing at the population figures) to take a chance with such extortionate prices, and those who live an ordinary existence can basically go fuck themselves.

Vegas goes south of the border,it seems.

That's one analysis..the other could be more basic...."Were only in in for the money".
December 28th, 2005 04:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

That's one analysis..the other could be more basic...."Were only in in for the money".

Sadly, even impressive numbers in Mexico have to be tainted by the "U2 Section" that is needed to fill up the stadium (see $30 tickets)....I doubt that Bonehead and Edge had to included a nearly free ticket section to fill up the many shows!

Congrats on the big numbers....you seemed to have completed an awful amount of work. How does Chicago Stack up??
December 28th, 2005 04:25 PM
jb The U2 prices skew the chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 28th, 2005 05:44 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The U2 prices skew the chart!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate U2, U2 tribute bands, and U2 sections in stones venues!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)