ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Second Leg!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: A Bigger Bang Tour 2005/06 audio recordings history Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
December 6th, 2005 08:51 AM
zrose27 does anybody have the 11/28 show in Dallas Texas at american airlines?
December 6th, 2005 06:28 PM
seanpark Rolling Stones

Toyota Center
Houston, TX
Thursday, December 1, 2005

Is up on dime.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=72172

I'm not much of a Stones fan, but I've been lurking around here for a few days in hopes of finding a Christmas present for my girlfriend. The 12/3 show in Memphis. That first bit might change though, she's insisting that she's going to convert me. I'm gonna make her love Lou Reed to be fair.

Anyone heard anything about it yet?
December 7th, 2005 11:30 AM
gimmekeef seanpark....you'll hear about Memphis first here I bet..welcome aboard.Love Lou Reed myself...But I must say I do prefer your girlfriends taste better!
December 7th, 2005 11:30 AM
gimmekeef Not that I've tasted your girlfriend....lol...
December 7th, 2005 12:57 PM
Dan I think there are at least 2 versions of Memphis from what I understand. Guess they will be coming out soon.
December 12th, 2005 05:53 PM
pdog Has this thread gone south, or what?
December 12th, 2005 06:02 PM
GimmeExile pdog, where have been? Your posts have dwindled.
December 13th, 2005 12:32 AM
pdog
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
pdog, where have been? Your posts have dwindled.

I'm around, guess I'm kinda busy...
Not only am I posting less, the quality is shite!
December 13th, 2005 08:25 AM
gimmekeef With the tour halted guess there's not much new...still stuck on 95% of Charlottesville off the tracker(for days)..and dissapointed no Atlanta boot..actually the overall quality of the 2005 show boots has been less than what I'd hoped considering the constant improvements in technology....
December 17th, 2005 04:22 AM
tumblingdice01 I could not agree more. But be very careful when you say that, because when I said basically the same thing on Shidoobee, I was shit on from great heights!

I still think it has to do with the avg age of Stones fans, the great majority of whom don't understand BitTorrent or could not care less about taping and spreading the music. On the other hand, the fans of that other nameless band around here have passionately embraced BitTorrent and have made fantastic copies of almost everyone of their 90 shows in 2005 available for free.

[Edited by tumblingdice01]
December 17th, 2005 05:33 PM
Dan You don't lik the quality of whats out there? Real simple solution - get your own equipment and make your own excellent quality recordings. I remember the good ole days when non tapers/non contributers weren't even allowed in the club.
December 17th, 2005 09:39 PM
quote:
Dan wrote:
You don't lik the quality of whats out there? Real simple solution - get your own equipment and make your own excellent quality recordings. I remember the good ole days when non tapers/non contributers weren't even allowed in the club.

Don`t touch me, don`t critizise me - I`m god!!!!

Oh how I hate that!

Go home, lock your door, throw away the key and you won`t be criticized anymore!

Just shut up!

People are talking about quality of the shows which are out there as you were talking about the quality of the releases of the Stones.That's all!
December 17th, 2005 09:49 PM
Dan
quote:
123454321 wrote:

Don`t touch me, don`t critizise me - I`m god!!!!

Oh how I hate that!

Go home, lock your door, throw away the key and you won`t be criticized anymore!

Just shut up!

People are talking about quality of the shows which are out there as you were talking about the quality of the releases of the Stones.That's all!

Fuck off cocksucker, none of the recordings being talked about here are mine to begin with. Just offering a simple solution to the armchair collectors to improve the quality of their collections.
December 18th, 2005 03:34 AM
quote:
Dan wrote:

Fuck off cocksucker, none of the recordings being talked about here are mine to begin with. Just offering a simple solution to the armchair collectors to improve the quality of their collections.

First of all I feel so sorry for you! It is always fascinating how people (especially those with simple minds) start trashtalking when they ran out of arguments!

Simple solution? Ever talked about the quality of your car? And ? Built your own one? Ever talked about quality of food? And? Ever been a farmer or rancher? Don`t you think that is a little bit too simple?

You wanted nothing but being sarcastic and offend people with other opinions! That`s it!

December 18th, 2005 10:39 AM
gimmekeef Dan..I didnt mean to piss anyone off.I'm thankful to get any shows from those that are willing to share.Just thought that in comparison to whats available from past tours the sound might have been even better considering the new technologies...
December 18th, 2005 11:41 AM
Stray Cat UK I think gimmekeef asks a valid question. We had audience recordings on BTB tour that could be mistaken for SDB.

I 've also wondered why not this time?

sc uk

and ,no I wouldn't know where to start recording shows.
December 18th, 2005 12:56 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dan..I didnt mean to piss anyone off.I'm thankful to get any shows from those that are willing to share.Just thought that in comparison to whats available from past tours the sound might have been even better considering the new technologies...

I am not sure the new technologies are necessarily better technologies. Also, the microphones are more important than the recording device. But here's what I think is happening - most tapers tape lots of bands, not just 1 favorite band. So, why spend almost $500 on a decent ticket close to the sound source when the taper can easily make great tapes he can enjoy in the $10-50 range? Add in the fact that they will turn up on Ebay making someone else a lot of money and there's even less motivation - which brings me to part 2, there probably ARE great recordings out there they just aren't going to see the light of day. My own sweet spot seat for Fresno (coming soon!) came about only through dumb luck, I didn't even set out for good taper tickets at all this tour.

In Europe its probably easier to get better audience recordings at stadiums than in America. If you are in a weak spot surrounded by noisy people here you are stuck. In Europe with GA tickets, the taper can pretty much find the best spot wandering around during the opener and stand there for the STones.
December 18th, 2005 04:46 PM
seanpark Any word on Memphis?
December 19th, 2005 03:41 PM
iluvmickjagger07 they finally let me become a member, so i download the houston show but it wont play. why?? my player said it wont play torrent files.
and i really really want to hear the houston show. i want to relive the moment.
pleaseeee help
thanks!
December 19th, 2005 05:27 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
they finally let me become a member, so i download the houston show but it wont play. why?? my player said it wont play torrent files.
pleaseeee help
thanks!

Did you convert the flac files to wav before burning the CD?
December 20th, 2005 06:14 AM
Andy L
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
they finally let me become a member, so i download the houston show but it wont play. why?? my player said it wont play torrent files.
pleaseeee help
thanks!

You have to open the torrent file in a BitTorrent client (such as Azureus or uTorrent), which will then start downloading the actual FLAC (music) files.
December 20th, 2005 02:38 PM
gimmekeef Dallas is up on Dime....uploader says average quality...
December 20th, 2005 03:10 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
Andy L wrote:

You have to open the torrent file in a BitTorrent client (such as Azureus or uTorrent), which will then start downloading the actual FLAC (music) files.

thanks but how exactly do i do that?
im sorry, i suck with computers
December 20th, 2005 03:11 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Dallas is up on Dime....uploader says average quality...

really!!! yay, if only i knew how to download it.
December 20th, 2005 05:40 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

thanks but how exactly do i do that?
im sorry, i suck with computers

Try using this Help page for getting started. Ask questions along the way and I'm sure many of us here will offer tips:

http://www.rocksoff.org/torrentinfo.htm
December 21st, 2005 08:24 AM
ExileInLA these shows have been tame at best.
December 21st, 2005 08:12 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:

Try using this Help page for getting started. Ask questions along the way and I'm sure many of us here will offer tips:

http://www.rocksoff.org/torrentinfo.htm

yessssss
thanks!! i really appreciate it!
i did it!! yayy... i had no idea what i did, but i did it.
this is so cool!
wow its so clear!!
December 21st, 2005 08:26 PM
iluvmickjagger07 when are videos going to be available??
and are they going to have every concert show on video??
December 22nd, 2005 01:14 PM
iluvmickjagger07 last question:
how do i put the torrent thingy on cd???????
i downloaded foobar2000. do i use that?
December 26th, 2005 03:50 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
last question:
how do i put the torrent thingy on cd???????
i downloaded foobar2000. do i use that?

if anyone was planning on answering this question, dont bother anymore bc my sister erased it all. all that work for nothing.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)