ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bell Center - January 8, 2003
Ryan Remiorz - AP Photo/Canadian Press
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The plot thickens... Return to archive
01-04-03 12:08 PM
nankerphelge A judge has temporarily prevented police from releasing video shot during singer Diana Ross' drunken-driving arrest earlier this week.

Ross' attorney, Greg Davis, argued the video isn't public record because it wasn't made by the police officer who made the traffic stop. Davis said the officer who shot it did so only after learning the driver was Ross.

Davis also said releasing the video would irreparably damage Ross' right to a fair trial.

-----------

This ought to resolve some Nolte issues.
I heard they asked to stand on one leg and she fell over laughing!
Hope they caught that on tape!
Also heard she was asked to recite the alphabet and got lost a few times!!
That's good stuff!

01-04-03 12:13 PM
Scottfree If you have evidence why in the hell can't it be used? The Justice system this frikcing country... Sorry to frick you land that I love...
01-04-03 12:15 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
If you have evidence why in the hell can't it be used? The Justice system this frikcing country... Sorry to frick you land that I love...

The Justice system has RUINED this fricking country....ooops

BUMP...
01-04-03 04:31 PM
~AzQb

Speaking of closet pie eaters, or just whacky insanity resulting from being cocooned too long in NeverNeverNeverland, who's tit did she grab last year and why wasn't she sued for that LOL...

...but if it was LilKim's pasty that is the PublicTitTweak in question, which i think it is, i guess any kind of publicity is better than none at all.

*sigh* the state of "music" today...

~
01-04-03 05:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
If you have evidence why in the hell can't it be used? The Justice system this frikcing country... Sorry to frick you land that I love...

Too bad that land that you love never taught you how to read or write coherent English sentences. Just where does that article say that the police video can't be used in evidence against Diana Ross?

"The Justice system this frikcing country..."

Other than its obvious defects, that "sentence" illustrates a profound ignorance of the history and workings of the U.S. criminal justice system, by far the best one in the world. Any support for that grand statement, or is it something that you just feel today after watching Inside Edition.

I could explain to you why the U.S. Constitution (you've heard of that, right?) sometimes, but very rarely, requires that evidence be excluded from criminal cases. But I'd need a reason to do so, foremost in my mind right now is that you would actually have to understand what I'm saying.

Smolder on, my man.....
01-04-03 05:17 PM
stonedinaustralia hey sirm!! - missed you man

not being a US citizen i hesitated to comment but (as i suspect you know) you (as in the us) and australia both inherited the the many freedoms that the english common law carried with it

perhaps scottfree would like to see the presumption of innocence reversed or the re-introduction of trial by fire - then i'd like to hear what he had to say when the weight of the state came down on his sorry back-side if he, particularly if innocently, found himself at odds with the authorities

and the fourth and fifth amendments?? - whose bright idea were they??
01-04-03 06:59 PM
Scottfree
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Too bad that land that you love never taught you how to read or write coherent English sentences. Just where does that article say that the police video can't be used in evidence against Diana Ross?

"The Justice system this frikcing country..."

Other than its obvious defects, that "sentence" illustrates a profound ignorance of the history and workings of the U.S. criminal justice system, by far the best one in the world. Any support for that grand statement, or is it something that you just feel today after watching Inside Edition.

I could explain to you why the U.S. Constitution (you've heard of that, right?) sometimes, but very rarely, requires that evidence be excluded from criminal cases. But I'd need a reason to do so, foremost in my mind right now is that you would actually have to understand what I'm saying.

Smolder on, my man.....

I appreciate the personal assault, and carry the U.S. Constitution with me on a daily basis. I'm not looking for a fight, however, please do explain the Constitution to me, ye whom is all knowing... Let me ask you one thing, do you believe it is a living document?? Can't wait for your answer....
01-04-03 07:33 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
I appreciate the personal assault, and carry the U.S. Constitution with me on a daily basis. I'm not looking for a fight, however, please do explain the Constitution to me, ye whom is all knowing... Let me ask you one thing, do you believe it is a living document?? Can't wait for your answer....

To the extent it was personal, you deserved it. More so for not seeing it coming, given what you tried to say and in the illiterate manner you said it in.

Still waiting to hear where that article, or any other article for that matter, says the video tape can't be used against Ross. That was your whole launching point wasn't it? Surely it exists.

I said I'd explain exclusion of evidence to you, not the Constitution, but there was a precondition and it hasn't been met.

If you can't answer my question, at least tell me why you not only want my opinion on whether the Constitution is a "living document," but also why you can't wait for my answer? If you had even bothered to explain your view on that, the request might have made sense. Right now, its just bizzare. Can't wait for your answer....
01-04-03 08:26 PM
Scottfree
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Davis also said releasing the video would irreparably damage Ross' right to a fair trial.

Actually, you are correct, I misread read the info we will seewhat actually takes place, we have all witnessed the Justice or lack there of for Hollywood types. Do you feel better?
01-04-03 08:27 PM
Prodigal Son Good lord, does she ever need Berry Gordy now! Man, that guy kept a strict payroll on what his stars could spend and do. And look how it worked until he stopped paying attention to the rest (aka everyone at Motown but Ms. movie star Diana Ross who he knocked up and has a kid to prove it). The Four Tops, Martha and the Vandellas, Supremes, Jackson Five, Gladys Knight and the Pips, Temptations and Miracles were all gone by 1976. And then all their old stars became drug bums, Smokey became a cokehead, Marvin Gaye became one too and then it ended with his papa murdering him, Paul Williams of the Tempts became a real alcoholic and committed suicide, David Ruffin was a crackpot until he died in 1991. The curse of Motown took out 4/5 of the Temptations and at least one member from every major group. Is Diana next? Oh well, I don't really give a damn as long as Stevie Wonder isn't next up.
01-04-03 09:09 PM
stonedinaustralia as much as i love motown i've never forgiven ross & gordy for the way they treated florence ballard
01-04-03 09:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot I think we should take the bitch out behind the barn and tan her backside.

BTW, the justice system here in the US is just fine. It's some of the people we have doing the judging that is suspect.
01-04-03 10:14 PM
fmk438j Hey SIA, are you a law-talk'n dude?
01-04-03 10:58 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
Actually, you are correct, I misread read the info we will seewhat actually takes place, we have all witnessed the Justice or lack there of for Hollywood types. Do you feel better?

Never felt bad. Still perplexed as to why the justice system has "RUINED" the country and why my, or anyone else's, thoughts on whether the Contitution is a "living document" have something to do with that.

And now I'm curious as to whether there are any court rulings excluding evidence or otherwise favoring defendant "Hollywood types" that can be arguably linked to their celebrity status. If you know of any, please list them. But don't worry about it if its just more of your first-thing-that-comes-to-mind, free associating brand of posting. Thats cool too! You're entitled to say things and stuff!
01-04-03 11:49 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
fmk438j wrote:
Hey SIA, are you a law-talk'n dude?

yes - but don't hold it against me will you - i haven't always been but it was about the only thing i was good for- what else could a frustrated rock 'n' roll musician who's read too many books do??

as you are probably aware there are quite a few of us around here

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]