ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bell Center - January 8, 2003
Ryan Remiorz - AP Photo/Canadian Press
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alright, Taylorites, here's your chance... Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-03-03 03:56 PM
Moonisup he josh have a great weekend!!
01-03-03 04:03 PM
~AzQb

JosHY!

Come on, man. Don't accuse TheTizZ and TheNasty of covert operations...that's just not true. Just expressing their opinions freely in mutual respect.

There's no conspiracy here, Joshy. I swear.

Stop being so paranoid!

And here i was just startng to "get you" too...

~Back to the case files!
01-03-03 04:03 PM
jb Hello Rik....I sent you a awesome Keith Richards t-shirt and a nice little book w/ some Stones pictures....

AzQb....you are getting it..don't be confused ...

[Edited by jb]
01-03-03 04:16 PM
Moonisup thanks!!
01-03-03 04:16 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:
No wonder you and TSXY are friends..same modus operandi...

Please elaborate, �berposter.

01-03-03 05:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sasca wrote:
Can anyone recommend somewhere where Jimmy Miller talks at length about the Stones?

Like many others before him, Jimmy Miller's carrer was absolutely destroyed by the Stones. He died pretty much on the streets. I'm not sure where you could find any interviews as by the end of Goat's Head Soup he was a few degrees away from being able to put together a cohesive sentance.

quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
Gee, thanks for allowing me to have my opinion, Josh. As usual, I will buck the majority if my ears and mind tell me something different. As will the zizz. Who, by the way, said some rude things about a song I rate very highly, "Memo from Turner", and disagrees with my opinion of albums as diverse as "Black and Blue" and my beloved "Dirty Work". Although we disagree, the last thing I will accuse him of is not loving the Stones. Don't challenge my devotion to this band again.

There ya go. People can disagree with what other people think, even 'the majority', and still be a fan of the band, or even (gasp!) highly devoted to the band.

quote:
jb wrote:
No wonder you and TSXY are friends..same modus operandi...

Yeah, Nasty, I'm with you. What modus operendi are we referring to here? I'm the only one of the two of us who's publicly come out and said that I don't like you. Nasty was being very civil. Two very different things.

Just because people don't agree with what you think doesn't mean they hate you, man. Nasty said it himself - he and I don't hate each other, even though we have such different views on a lot of the Stones's music. Do you feel the need to take things to the extreme so much?

Honestly, playing peacemaker here is like trying to explain stuff to my kid brother. How were you brought up, man? To blast anyone who didn't bow and agree wholeheartedly with everything you say? That's how we got this way, if I recall. You told me, before your much-needed hiatus, to get off this board because I'd made a comment about enjoying the Beatles. And after that it just got worse and worse, since A) I have a short temper and B) You never apologize for anything unless you offend someone whose boots you're licking - just edit and move on.

You've gotten better at not out-and-out blasting people who disagree with you - and I thank you for that - but these jibes, these tantrums thrown at not getting nominated for some award... I can't help but thinking it's some deep ingrained way you behave. And I feel sorry for you because of that. I've written to you many times that if you want, you could PM me and have an honest discussion - I've even PM'ed you before with the same request, nicely - but I think you enjoy the conflict and I, as I said, have a short enough temper to take the bait most of the time. But now you've got an audience, a chance to explain yourself - go ahead! What do you mean by 'modus operendi'? Go ahead. Blast away. I'll read it, every last word, and won't even respond if you don't want me to. I'll just read it and move on. But I don't understand what your problem is, man, why you always feel the need to take things to such extremes.

Alright? It's a new year, new chance, let's try this again, shall we?

-tSYX --- Not a real fan, apparently. Tiaaaaahhhhime, waits for no one...
Page: 1 2