ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bell Center - January 8, 2003
Ryan Remiorz - AP Photo/Canadian Press
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hi, need some info Return to archive Page: 1 2
01-01-03 03:39 PM
Moonisup I and a friend will go to London, and I just wanna make sure if the "Event Travel" is safe place to book my Wembley our wembley tix. Ore does somebody have a better/ cheaper option???

Thanks in advance!!

rik,

[Edited by Moonisup]
01-02-03 11:33 AM
Moonisup anyone??
[Edited by Moonisup]
01-02-03 11:38 AM
egon you mean to get your ticket AND the flight/ferry?
01-02-03 12:02 PM
jb I am sorry but I can't help you Moon..E-mail Gazza..he is from Northern Ireland and is very familar w/ traveling to London..He also speaks English and thinks the Beatles are #2 all time.
01-02-03 12:13 PM
Moonisup Thanks josh, but I hope he posts his info here in this thread!
01-02-03 12:56 PM
egon moon, still don't know what you want exactly...
if it's just the trip: book easyjet or ryan air
01-02-03 01:03 PM
Moonisup no

Event travel does do trips all-in:

wembley arena and a hotel

I just wanna know if Event travel is OK to book with, and that it ain't a scam
01-02-03 01:06 PM
egon geen idee, sorry
[Edited by egon]
01-02-03 06:43 PM
Honky Tonk Man Rick, GO GO GO!

Event Travel are brilliant. I used them for New York and im using them for Munich too.

They are 100% reliable

Alex
01-02-03 08:19 PM
Scot Rocks Hi Alex thanks for the nice words in the nomination thread btw. I was thinking about using event travel too, maybe for some gigs, not sure yet though, I wanna wait for the other gigs in the UK to be announced first.

Cheers

Mark
01-02-03 09:52 PM
CHIEFMOON ETS (Event Travel) is EXCELLENT.
Almost the best way to go.
Definitely not a scam!!

I have used them in Canada and the US.
Highly recommended....
01-03-03 04:12 AM
Moonisup thanks guys!
01-03-03 08:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey Mark, we all hope for more UK Gigs! I dont see how they could even consider not playing some shows in the North of England and Scotland. If you plan to use Event Travel, i would get it booked as soon as possible. All they expect you to do is to pay a reservation fee. For Munich it cost me �100. Should be the same for the UK Shows.

Go for it Mark! Its along time 'till next summer. Get this out the way and you will feel alot better.

Alex
01-03-03 08:59 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Well, I just made the reservation!!!
I believe I did pay the full amount.
01-03-03 09:05 AM
Honky Tonk Man You should'nt pay the full amount in your reservation. I didn't! I wish i knew where my dad kept all the Event Travel stuff. Then i could give everyone the prices. For those who are not sure. Stray Cat, did they send you a package through the post? It gives all the details on it. They are offering tickets to quite a few shows. I was thinking about Holland, but opted for Germany. It was abit cheaper.

This band is bleeding me dry!

Alex
01-03-03 09:10 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat They did not send anything yet, because I just made the booking. I did receive a confirmation email that says that I will receive more information on paper!!
01-03-03 12:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yes, this is what happend with me when i used them for New York. They will send you an information pack. With it will be all the shows they have on offer. You then need to fill out some forms, then hey presto, your done!

Hopefully will all get to meet up!

Alex
01-03-03 12:30 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Sure we'll all meet up!!!
Moonisup and I will be staying at the Paragon!!
01-03-03 12:34 PM
Honky Tonk Man The Paragon? Just looked it up. Its near West Brompton tube station. Just around the corner from Stamford Bridge. The home of Chelsea FC. Seems nice!

You going to Twikenham too?

Your both going to Astoria? I will be at any pre show party, but wont be going in!

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
01-03-03 12:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat We will be both be at Astoria, not at Twickenham!
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
01-03-03 04:23 PM
Moonisup YES Wembley and ASTORIA

SaY YEAH YEAH YEAH

WOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH
01-03-03 06:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man If we meet uo Rick, im goint to gewt you so fucked!! BRITTISH STYLE!

COCAINE, WEED AND HEINEKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sssssssssss�xq"HHHHHHJ
01-04-03 02:04 AM
Moonisup

great
01-04-03 09:07 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Cocaine???
And what's so British about Heineken??
01-04-03 10:37 AM
Honky Tonk Man There is nothing Brittish about Heineken, its just the drink i like best. Followeed by Smirnoff Vodka mixed with coke a cola.

I was very drunk last night, i dont normally take Cocaine and i dont think i ever will.

I was tryying to say how no one enjoyes a drink quite like us Britts!

Moonisup is on the Level!

Alex
01-04-03 11:18 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat whahahah I like wodka with lemon!!!
01-04-03 03:42 PM
Moonisup wodka jus

en werken aju paraplu!
[Edited by Moonisup]
01-04-03 08:44 PM
Gazza Rik

heres the e-mail I sent you the other day...seems you didnt get it!!

yes,they're a very reputable company. Ive never travelled with them personally ( I think Alex (HT man) went to New York with them however) and theyve been organising concert packages for quite some time - theyre probably the best known concert travel company in the UK

from what i can see, package trips seem to be the only way most of us can get Wembley tickets - its quite suspicious because I couldnt believe how fast the show sold out (I was in ticketmaster's site the SECOND the tickets went on sale and never got offered a ticket) The packages seem quite expensive though (�200 for one night's hotel for each person sharing a room including an �85 concert ticket) but that seems to be the going rate

badlands are also running trips for much the same price - see here : http://www.badlands.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_ROLLING_STONES_CONCERT_HOLIDAY_PACKAGES_2003_3052.html

but it seems Event Travel have a bigger choice of hotels (theyre also offering packages to the shows in Sweden, Rotterdam, Paris,Munich and Stockholm) - heres the link to their page http://www.eventtravel.co.uk/customer/home.php . dont see anything on it for wembley though

another company called ETS, based in the US are also offering packages - theyre officially endorsed by the Stones. You can ask to be put on their waiting list for Wembley - no deposit required - but I dont know what their prices are like..you can find the link on martha packard's site here :
http://www.therolling-stones.com/

hope thats of some use & see you in london!
01-05-03 04:53 AM
Moonisup Thanks Gazza! But I never recieved it!!!! Very strange, but it wasn't in my mailbox!
Well I can read it here!

Thanks!!

Rik
01-05-03 05:34 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Gazza: thanx for your reaction! I was not able to get tix via Ticketmaster, so I think this is the only option left (apart from some sites offering tix $ 1000 each).
Moon and I booked last friday (only cat 1 tix left).
200-85=115..that's quite expensive indeed (extra nights are 80)!
Page: 1 2