ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Bell Center - January 8, 2003
Ryan Remiorz - AP Photo/Canadian Press
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dublin 2003 ? Return to archive
01-01-03 01:53 PM
oska i see on 'iorr'board, that slane castle, dublin, is rumoured as a possibility for sept 2003. does anyone think this is likeley to happen, and if it does happen will tickets be sold through 'ticketmaster uk' or an irish equivalant ? any help is appreciated, thanks.
01-01-03 03:25 PM
Gazza I actually gave Bjornulf the original info about this rumour - it was reported in the Irish version of the "Daily Mirror" a couple of months back that the Stones were in negotiations to headline at Slane Castle this year.

At the time,I wasn't 100% convinced and I'm less so now. There hasn't been a whisper about this in the press ever since, although on the plus side the line up for Slane's now annual concert hasnt been announced yet either.

With many of the European tour dates having been already announced, I can't see too many "openings" for this show which would HAVE to take place on either a Saturday or a Sunday. The most obvious logical date would be Sunday 31st August - right after Wembley, but my personal hunch is that they'll add more UK shows - maybe another Wembley show or a stadium show further north.

As for tickets, IF it happens, you would get tickets on www.ticketmaster.ie They shouldnt be too hard to get as you would get about 70,000 or more into the place.

However, my personal advice for anyone coming from overseas to any show at Slane Castle is that if youre not driving you should go with a package company who will get you to and from the venue. Slane Castle is about 25 miles north west of Dublin in the middle of the countryside - Slane is actually a village of about 500 inhabitants - and would be a bastard to get to if you dont know the area or aren't being taken there by someone who DOES. Companies like ETS, Event Travel or Badlands would undoubtedly run trips to such a concert.

It's hypothetical of course and I doubt it'll happen but obviously if it does there's a few posters on this side of the Irish Sea on Rocks Off who'll give you the info you need in enough time!
01-01-03 05:28 PM
oska oh, thats a shame, dublin is about the same distance as london from north wales, it would of been a v handy gig to get to. cheers gazza for the help.
01-04-03 04:07 AM
oska we now know from gazza that this gig is definatley not happening, anyone heard any rumours about extra gigs in uk, appart from london,that are the most likley city's that might get a gig.
01-04-03 10:46 AM
Stray Cat I've not heard anything oska,but if you remember the rumours of european dates from last year included Cardiff Millenium Stadium.....We live in hope !!!!