ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ringo.....coolest Beatle? Return to archive Page: 1 2
31st December 2007 12:10 AM
robpop
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Absolutely one of my most favorite songs ever.

The day after George Harrison died Joe Grushecky and Donnie Iris (AKA the Pittsburgh All Stars) were doing a Toys for Tots benefit concert at a bar in Pittsburgh. They played that song as dedication to George. The best part is there were a good bit of people on stage. Of course, a had a few cocktails and figured why not go up on stage and sing. So I did. I was up there for about a minute singing background until Joe Grushecky started looking at me. So I casually walked off the stage and disappeared into the crowd.

I'm suprised I lasted that long, since I can't sing worth a fuck.
[Edited by robpop]
31st December 2007 09:20 AM
Honky Tonk Man Ringo is Ringo. He was the star of both A Hard Days Night and Help! I think he’s secretly everyone’s favourite Beatle. Not the greatest drummer, but a thoroughly nice bloke and personality.

31st December 2007 09:49 AM
Highwire Rob RINGO!

31st December 2007 02:42 PM
robpop
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
RINGO!

Yeah that destroyed the Ringo cool thread. I might have been cool if he would have Michael Nesmith to show up.

Dude, you gotta show up for our yinzer fest. All the beer in a plastic cup, haluski, stuffed cabbages..ect that you want. Fucking Donnie Iris is going to play. Its about 7 months away. I'll let you know more.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)