ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "LOVE IS STRONG" with Keith Richards on vocals Return to archive
27th December 2007 11:01 AM
MemoFromTinaTurner Check it out:

27th December 2007 12:26 PM
Bruno I like the improvisation towards the end. Better with Mick, though.
[Edited by Bruno]
27th December 2007 12:37 PM
gimmekeef Sounds like a bunch of his solo stuff mashed in..Struggle/How I wish/etc....Note at about 3:20 or so he pops a riff that I believe eventually became the opener to Flip The Switch.....Thanks for the link...
27th December 2007 01:34 PM
Jaggedblues I love the Voodoo session stuff.
27th December 2007 05:28 PM
Mel Belli "What's that in German, Don?" Classic. Is there any doubt about what Mick means when he says it's his job to clean up Keith's meandering melodies? But then, look how easy Keith made Mick's lyric-writing job. All he had to do was cross a few t's and dot a few i's. And has anyone ever tallied how many times Keith has worked a "maybe baby" into a song? "How Can I Stop" is tops for that.
27th December 2007 06:17 PM
Mr Jurkka Interesting version.
27th December 2007 09:57 PM
Paranoid_Android SOUNDS GREAT!!!!

Thank You!!!

Now THAT is a rarity that should be released on a "rarities" CD
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
27th December 2007 10:04 PM
ShaneJazz Fantastic stuff! Thank you, Memo!
28th December 2007 10:08 AM
Steel Wheels I wish I've heard those Voodoo Lounge outtakes. I remember seeing a box set for 100 bucks once.
28th December 2007 10:09 AM
glencar
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I wish I've heard those Voodoo Lounge outtakes. I remember seeing a box set for 100 bucks once.

Voodoo Brew/Stew? Everyone has those!
28th December 2007 02:16 PM
bilsim i have that =D
28th December 2007 05:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I wish I've heard those Voodoo Lounge outtakes. I remember seeing a box set for 100 bucks once.

Worth every penny!
28th December 2007 07:51 PM
akula wow, great clip

maybe-baby!
30th December 2007 06:58 PM
fireontheplatter i don't like it that much.

its cool its keith and all.....but
31st December 2007 09:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well, it’s a lot looser than the released take. I prefer it with Jagger, but who knows how it’d of worked out if given a little more time?

As it stands, it sounds like it could’ve been recorded for Main Offender. It has that feel. Not everyone’s cuppa perhaps.
31st December 2007 10:16 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i don't like it that much.

its cool its keith and all.....but

The music's all there, but clearly it was just a guide vocal for Mick. It's always interesting to hear the evolution of a Stones song. I love how the Stones record long takes and then edit down to the best parts of the performance.
31st December 2007 11:21 AM
Mr.D

Its on ebay atm, 150 dollars, worth it, its only 75 to me, im in UK, but i dunno, also is there a download, no, like a torrent, anyone?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)