ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amy Winehouse: Christmas in the Caribbean with Bryan Adams & Mick Jagger? Return to archive
24th December 2007 11:51 AM
moy Amy Winehouse: Christmas in the Caribbean with Bryan Adams & Mick Jagger?
Saturday December 22nd, 2007 at 12:43 pm by Heather

Amy Winehouse has reportedly been invited to spend Christmas in the Caribbean with Bryan Adams and Mick Jagger.

According to the Sun, Bryan invited Amy to his villa on the island of Mustique after hearing about her recent troubles and hopes that mutual friend Mick Jagger, who also has a home on the island, could join them.

A source told the newspaper: “Amy has been invited to Mustique to stay with Bryan Adams.”

“He is keen to help her. Mick could join them. He has also said he wants to help Amy.”

Amy had originally planned to spend the festive season in India with husband Blake Fielder-Civil but the plans had to be abandoned after Blake was refused bail last month. He will now remain in Pentonville prison in London until at least the end of January, ahead of his trial next June.

24th December 2007 11:56 AM
SweetVirginia How the heck did Amy get Meg's Christmas wish??
24th December 2007 12:10 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
How the heck did Amy get Meg's Christmas wish??

I mixed their presents up.

Meg should be getting a massive consignment of heroin and vodka any day now.....
24th December 2007 12:41 PM
PartyDoll MEG Damn...Gazza!!!

You owe me BIG TIME!!!!!
24th December 2007 12:43 PM
open-g Well - party on, Meg.

poor Amy - she'll be worse than ever, if she hangs out with Brian Adams...

maybe Mick makes it worthwhile.
24th December 2007 02:19 PM
open-g Pay £100,000 or we kidnap Amy
- Gangsters threaten Blake
- He fails prison drugs test
- Put in perv wing for safety

By Rav Singh
GANGLAND mobsters are threatening to KIDNAP troubled rock star Amy Winehouse unless they get a ransom of £100,000.

Jailbird villains put the squeeze on the singer's terrified hubby Blake Fielder-Civil as he languishes in prison awaiting trial.

Now he has sent Amy a frantic warning: Be on your guard and stay safe.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/2312_amy_winehouse_kidnap.shtml
It's been a bad week for 25-year-old Blake, on remand in Pentonville for alleged assault and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

He had gone cold turkey and kicked heroin behind bars but The News of the World has discovered he got:
# LURED back on drugs by gangsters determined to soften him up for the kidnap plot,

# BUSTED in a random spot check that proved positive for Class A drugs, and

# BANGED up in the sex perverts' wing as punishment.

A source inside the tough jail told us: "Blake's petrified. He's living in fear for Amy's life AND his own.

"At first he thought the guys in here were just trying their luck but the threats have got really bad. He's now under no illusions and convinced they'll go through with what they say.

"They've ordered Blake to pay the 100 grand into a secret bank account within the next few days or else...Amy will be snatched and harmed.

"She's at her weakest right now, and what with her wandering the streets in the dead of night she's at massive risk.

"Blake knows it'll be easy to bundle her off in a car without anyone batting an eyelid."

Our insider revealed how tattooed Blake was tempted and pressured by his enemies inside to get back on heroin—in a bid to weaken his mind so he'd crack and pay up the cash.

And earlier this week he was targeted for a random drugs test. Blake's urine sample proved positive for a Class A substance, believed to be cocaine or heroin. As punishment he was moved from the prison's general G wing to the secure D1 unit— usually for sex offenders police informants who are automatically a targeted for other lags.

He will now spend Christmas with a roll call of rapists, paedophies and other perverts.

Our source said: "Getting involved again like this is the last thing Blake needs. He'd finally got clean after a monstrous year battling drugs. Prison has been tough on him but getting off heroin and stuff was the one good thing.

"Now he's panicking that he won't ever be able to resist the heroin lags have been shoving under his nose."

BUT life incarcerated with the sex fiends could prove a blessing in disguise.

Our man on the inside said: "In this isolated unit Blake will now find it more difficult to get his hands on drugs and the guards will be keeping a much closer eye on him."

"Plus the guys who are threatening to abduct Amy can't get to him there.

"So he's hoping that it'll be case of out of sight, out of mind, and the faces who are out to get at him will find someone else to pick on."

In the week when 24-year-old Amy was arrested and quizzed by police over Blake's case—as predicted by the News of the World last Sunday—he got word to her, warning of the urgent threat to her safety. Now on bail, the painfully-thin star promised to lie low.

The jail source added: "Blake's so scared of these toughs trying to strongarm him that he's had meetings with his legal representatives demanding they put pressure on officials to keep him safe."

Last week we revealed how police had confiscated Amy's mobile phone records, bank details and computer software as they trawled for any clues connecting the star with Blake's case.

Cops also visited her accountants to track her financial dealings. Blake and pal Michael Brown are accused of assaulting pub landlord James King in Hoxton, east London, last year.

It is also alleged they then plotted to pervert the course of justice by offering Mr King a significant amount of money to withdraw his allegation and leave the country.
24th December 2007 02:56 PM
GotToRollMe Jeez, I remember when junkies were at least street-smart. Apart from having one of the most annoying last names in the history of hyphens, this Fielder-Civil guy is as clueless as they come.
24th December 2007 03:14 PM
open-g After reading that News of the World article - it seems to be a good idea to spend Christmas in the Caribbean with Bryan Adams and Mick Jagger, after all.
25th December 2007 04:54 PM
jostorm Gee....
One "paedopy"
Two "paedopies"????
Is it a term for a pie baked out of feet, or even a walking pie????

Journalists who can't spell while writing shitty articles for crap papers not even good enough to wrap your fish'n chips in ought to be an exception to the general concensus against the death penalty...

[Edited by Pierrepointe]
[Edited by jostorm]
26th December 2007 03:53 AM
corgi37 Amy Winehouse, like Britney Spears, is the safest woman in the world. Who the fuck is gonna kidnap them with 10,000 paps hanging around them 24-7???

Hmmm. I ask you. Who???? Hmmm.
30th December 2007 07:07 PM
stonedinaustralia well i bought Back to Black and i can see what all the fuss is about

makes you think most other female vocalists may as well just give up (hell why not ALL vocalists)

the emotional tone, depth and range is breathe-taking - and she only 24 years old!! - it's amazing

i hope she gets herself together and everyone gives her a chance to do so - it would be a tragedy for her to check out too soon

only part i don't understand is that she wrote the album as a result of being dumped by her boy friend - that's fair enough except the bloke hardly appears to be worth all the heartache

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
30th December 2007 07:48 PM
tumbled her self esteem is RIDICULOUSLY low. for some reason?
why she is so heartbroken is beyond me. there are MANY FISH IN THE SEA girl

I would like to add that there is a difference between
being humble and thus cool and being run over by
a freight train. ..you gotta see to your own needs.

hard lesson to learn I'mglad someone took her under care but she has to decide tolive herself

she should decide to be separate from that expected from
her mother as she has different values.

If she has a mother who is overbearing and haunting, there are other ways to break away other than destroy yourself, and she has so much talent, why not make it work toward what it is Amy values and cherish instead of just what it is to please your mother. I think this is a syndrome.

I think she is conflicted and needs to decide what it
is she values in this life. not what other people want her to do. Her relationship seems to be one that was in order to rebel and he blazed the path for her and it made her feel directionless when he was gone

when you are at the point where the addiction is all you think about, the only thing that works is to give UP
and turn your life over to something greater than you, like THE MUSIC, A ROCK, A charm, a diety, a god, a goddess.

just give up and somehow it gets better

I think that blake fielder guy is trying to hang onto her with these stories but she will only get sucked into the vortex with these never ending sob stories
[Edited by tumbled]
30th December 2007 08:40 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
tumbled wrote:
her self esteem is RIDICULOUSLY low. for some reason?
why she is so heartbroken is beyond me. there are MANY FISH IN THE SEA girl

I would like to add that there is a difference between
being humble and thus cool and being run over by
a freight train. ..you gotta see to your own needs.

hard lesson to learn I'mglad someone took her under care but she has to decide tolive herself

she should decide to be separate from that expected from
her mother as she has different values.

If she has a mother who is overbearing and haunting, there are other ways to break away other than destroy yourself, and she has so much talent, why not make it work toward what it is Amy values and cherish instead of just what it is to please your mother. I think this is a syndrome.

I think she is conflicted and needs to decide what it
is she values in this life. not what other people want her to do. Her relationship seems to be one that was in order to rebel and he blazed the path for her and it made her feel directionless when he was gone

when you are at the point where the addiction is all you think about, the only thing that works is to give UP
and turn your life over to something greater than you, like THE MUSIC, A ROCK, A charm, a diety, a god, a goddess.

just give up and somehow it gets better
[Edited by tumbled]

i have not heard 1 of her songs
30th December 2007 09:01 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
well i bought Back to Black and i can see what all the fuss is about

makes you think most other female vocalists may as well just give up (hell why not ALL vocalists)

the emotional tone, depth and range is breathe-taking - and she only 24 years old!! - it's amazing

No doubt. That woman's music is amazing at times.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)