ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
© Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Emotional Rescue" Release party 1980 Return to archive
21st December 2007 06:31 PM
Some Guy
21st December 2007 06:52 PM
Some Guy Rescate Emocional
21st December 2007 06:58 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Rescate Emocional

Keith looks a tad f'uped.

Photobucket

I only wish the real SS would come back and Iron Balls too.
21st December 2007 09:44 PM
glencar Wasn't it held at a roller disco?
21st December 2007 10:12 PM
IanBillen
That was great. Enjoyed this clip thanks.

Ian
21st December 2007 11:13 PM
Mel Belli The reporter was a good sport. Give him credit. And the rumor of playing China - in 1980! Only took them another 26 years. What a ride.

Thanks for posting...
21st December 2007 11:45 PM
Lethargy Freaking awesome!

Gosh, it ain't just now in 2007 - media types (like this TV interviewer) are some the dumbest people on planet Earth. Could you think of any more contrived and unintersting questions to ask The Boys.

The more I think about it the more I'm pissed.

Imagine Y'ALL (Rocks Off guys and gals) in the presence of these four (Charlie wasn't there unless I wasn't paying attention)!!! Would you ever waste their time asking such stupid questions as these? Even Mick couldn't take it after a bit.

I'm so very impressed by the Stones right now, and so ashamed of anyone that's a news reporter.
22nd December 2007 01:23 AM
IanBillen
Well the cool thing to do back in the late seventies/1980 was to "act" like a jerk for the most part in interviews.

Kinda started in 1977. In 1980 it was still cool enough to act like that.

So reporters took on the "I'm an easy going guy who can take it" attitude to compensate. This is a prime example.

The dude was an OK enough guy. What do you want?

*Well I tell you what I would like for reporters to start asking more of when it comes to Rolling Stones interviews. How about maybe for someone for fucking once to ask MORE about the creation of their latest work and/or where they see their music going in the very near future versus...."hey you have been doing this so long, what keeps you going....." for the ten billion'th time.

They should ask about the songs themselves, the idea behind the new album, ask about the recording sessions, the making of the album. Maybe ask about comparing it to some other albums and ask whether they think it is different for the most part of what? Ask if the album runs or sounds like it does was done on purpose or mostly by chance?. Ask if they got what they wanted out of the making of the album and what part was hard or just flowed easily in the making of it. Ask about the albums musical influence and how long the album actually took to write and record the thing.

I'd like to see more of those type questions. For going on twenty five-to thirty years now all I ever see them asked about is "how do they keep it up and what keeps them going" or "...

Fuck, enough already with all that.

Ian
22nd December 2007 06:48 AM
Jumacfly best promo from their best record, thanks SomeGuy, how cool they were back in 1980...time to play ER loud at home
22nd December 2007 07:49 AM
Some Guy It kinda seems with the reporters line of questions, that the dudes were old in 1980.
22nd December 2007 08:47 AM
nankerphelge I agree with Ian.

Someone needs to ask these rock stars the tough questions.

22nd December 2007 10:22 AM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wasn't it held at a roller disco?

Danceteria aka 'teria, was AWESOME!!!! They even had a mini version out in the Hamptons...It was 5 or 6 levels...The roller disco was in a gymnasium type of roon on the 3rd or 4th floor...

Man oh man...the times I had there!!! The roof top was the Hash den...not officially...just by defacto.

23rd December 2007 03:00 PM
Child of the Moon Keith was hilarious. Didn't look like he was quite all there.
23rd December 2007 03:12 PM
Throwaway I was in a small clothing shop in downtown Annapolis, MD this afternoon and on the wall was a framed poster of the ER album art (the blue and white ish with "Emotional Rescue" in red)...AWESOME!
23rd December 2007 06:38 PM
polytoxic Man, that was great. Never seen that one before. Thanks
23rd December 2007 06:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Well I tell you what I would like for reporters to start asking more of when it comes to Rolling Stones interviews. How about maybe for someone for fucking once to ask MORE about the creation of their latest work and/or where they see their music going in the very near future versus...."hey you have been doing this so long, what keeps you going....." for the ten billion'th time.

They should ask about the songs themselves, the idea behind the new album, ask about the recording sessions, the making of the album. Maybe ask about comparing it to some other albums and ask whether they think it is different for the most part of what? Ask if the album runs or sounds like it does was done on purpose or mostly by chance?. Ask if they got what they wanted out of the making of the album and what part was hard or just flowed easily in the making of it. Ask about the albums musical influence and how long the album actually took to write and record the thing.

Er yeah, but that's stuff for nerds and obsessives (like us!) and which belongs in magazines and periodicals which cover all that shit. If youre a journalist sent by some crappy tabloid or news station to cover a media event, that kind of stuff is going to put your target audience to sleep. Hardly anyone cares, unfortunately.

Anyway, Stones interviews are so sanitised and controlled now by PR people that theyre simply not going to be asked anything they dont want to be asked.

[Edited by Gazza]
23rd December 2007 07:39 PM
Mr.D

Thats a cool video, thanks for posting

thats one of my favourite keith periods, in fact it might just be my favourite keith period and even stones; he just oozes cool, even if he's wasted and almost setting ronnie on fire, ha ha
24th December 2007 02:41 AM
corgi37 Call me crazy or what not, but i dont like ER.
26th December 2007 11:53 PM
wasted
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Call me crazy or what not, but i dont like ER.

Neither do I. You are not alone. In fact, you may be in the overwhelming majority.
28th December 2007 04:02 PM
gimmekeef Some good stuff on the album..but the song ER is horrid and an embarassing attempt to chase the fuckin Bee Gees....There I said it.....now.....a hidden gem for me is "Send Her To Me" which I think would kill live...always thought it could be popped in the Miss You slot....
28th December 2007 10:22 PM
prism I was there that day! I had just graduated from high school and I sneaked into the press conference at three in the afternoon. There were about 50 photographers, a few reporters, and the band, all partying in the club. Later we went to Trax. Keith's assistant told me to get in the limo headed to Keith's apartment on Fifth Avenue and 9th Street (the one in Neighbors). Ron and Jo were there. I sat on the floor with Keith and Bobby Keys listening to the new songs, which were incredibly loud. It was one of the best nights of my life.
28th December 2007 10:32 PM
prism
But I'd met him before. I'm the Ukrainian girl in Send It To Me, at least that's what they told me. I wonder how many girls they told that to.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)