ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro, Milan - 11th July 2006
Đ Dave Hogan with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian.........part 13 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th December 2007 05:13 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Thank you for that, Lisa... As I am a vocalist, I took
this poem to heart and have made it my own. Beautiful!

Sioux, this poem was actually adapted into a song [Golden Hair] by Syd Barrett in his post-Pink Floyd days! That was how I first discovered it years ago. Syd's a bit of an acquired taste, but I think you'll like this:

http://www.progarchives.com/album.asp?id=8385
28th December 2007 05:20 PM
zooeyglass
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
Whoever this stranger might be in this (mostly wrong) article, itīs in any case not the face of our beautiful Brian, Iīm right????

Alex, a friend doing some unrelated '60s research found that article; I just found it interesting to see what exactly the papers were saying about Brian in 1969.

You'll like THIS article much more; Doxa gave us the heads up on LARS that our own Philip had posted this on IORR -- so a thousand thanks to you, Philip, if you should peek into this thread

28th December 2007 05:27 PM
Sioux I love Syd Barrett! I have a couple of things, including
"Piper..", but it looks like I may have to expand my CD
collection a bit... Thanks Lisa..
28th December 2007 07:02 PM
GhostofBrianJones Dear Lisa: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR SCANNING AND POSTING
THIS ARTICLE FROM RECORD COLLECTOR!! I AM SO HAPPY YOU DID
THIS I COULD HUG YOU!! I wanted this article and magazine
but it is hard to get ahold of here. I COULD JUST HUG
YOU SILLY!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!

YOU HAVE DEFINITELY MADE MY "BRIAN JONES" DAY COMPLETE
WITH JOY, ELATION AND OVERWHELMING APPRECIATION!! LINDA
28th December 2007 07:13 PM
BrianGotHisRocksOff You know, I've never seen any Brian fan fiction on the net. And there's just about every kind of there.
28th December 2007 08:10 PM
keithrichardsgirl Speaking of fanfiction. That writing I said I did is Stones Fan fiction. (KEITH CENTRIC THOUGH.)
28th December 2007 09:43 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Alex, a friend doing some unrelated '60s research found that article; I just found it interesting to see what exactly the papers were saying about Brian in 1969.

You'll like THIS article much more; Doxa gave us the heads up on LARS that our own Philip had posted this on IORR -- so a thousand thanks to you, Philip, if you should peek into this thread

Lisa dear, I find BOTH article interesting, and love the last one you posted ... 100 000 x THANKS!!!!!

And thanks to our unforgotten PHILIP as well!!!!!!!!

28th December 2007 09:58 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
BrianGotHisRocksOff wrote:
You know, I've never seen any Brian fan fiction on the net. And there's just about every kind of there.

Dear Nicole, have you maybe also never seen the good explanation from our Sophia, how you can posting pictures ...itīs on page 13, with that it will be easy to do!!!
We waiting for your picīs ...

29th December 2007 12:12 AM
BriansBabe Sophia dear, send you a good night pic:

...you will not believe it, Iīm going to bed earlier today

Much LOVE to all my friends here and of course to our beloved
and badly missed BRIAN!!!!
Hugs, Alex
29th December 2007 12:30 AM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:
Hi everybody, just some ebay finds today:

The best find, in my opinion, was the Brian Jones hanger!
Can you imagine a row of those in your closet?
I love the way the tie goes all the way down

Ha ha, see that hanger? Guess who's closet it will soon be
hanging in?
29th December 2007 06:06 AM
stewed & Keefed
29th December 2007 06:07 AM
stewed & Keefed
29th December 2007 09:15 AM
Back Street Girl
29th December 2007 09:18 AM
Back Street Girl
29th December 2007 10:14 AM
Doxa What I find interesting in that Chicago Tribune article (thanks lisa!) is the mentioning of Dick Hartrell as their 'first manager'. This was something I heard only few months ago, quoted from the man himself (in related to the new pub-museum in Cheltenham). I strongly protested that then (I think here, in this same thread) but bloody hell, this was already claimed in 1969. It is strange that this is never discussed in any Stones biography, and I only rembember Keith occasionally talking about him (as Brian's Cheltenham friend and how Brian treated him coldly - literally).

Looking the 'tone' of the article, it is also intersting to recognize how the Stones were not in very good condition in popularwise at the time of Brian's death (or during their time from off the road). They are almost treated as has-beens whose records are not selling so much anymore. It is no wonder they wanted desperately to get back to road - and I think that was the reason to get rid of Brian also. Their forecoming American tour and the media attention around it turned to be REALLY importnat for them, even though "Honky Tonk Women" was a huge hit.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
29th December 2007 11:02 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sioux wrote:
I love Syd Barrett! I have a couple of things, including
"Piper..", but it looks like I may have to expand my CD
collection a bit... Thanks Lisa..

I definitely recommend his two official solo albums: The Madcap Laughs and Barrett. They're much more sparse than Piper, but still that wonderful Syd quality!
29th December 2007 11:04 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
GhostofBrianJones wrote:
Dear Lisa: THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR SCANNING AND POSTING
THIS ARTICLE FROM RECORD COLLECTOR!! I AM SO HAPPY YOU DID
THIS I COULD HUG YOU!! I wanted this article and magazine
but it is hard to get ahold of here. I COULD JUST HUG
YOU SILLY!! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU SO VERY VERY VERY MUCH!!

YOU HAVE DEFINITELY MADE MY "BRIAN JONES" DAY COMPLETE
WITH JOY, ELATION AND OVERWHELMING APPRECIATION!! LINDA

Just the posting; Philip did the scanning

Isn't this article great though?
29th December 2007 11:05 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Ha ha, see that hanger? Guess who's closet it will soon be
hanging in?

Sioux! I love that you got it
29th December 2007 11:21 AM
zooeyglass
quote:
Doxa wrote:
What I find interesting in that Chicago Tribune article (thanks lisa!) is the mentioning of Dick Hartrell as their 'first manager'. This was something I heard only few months ago, quoted from the man himself (in related to the new pub-museum in Cheltenham). I strongly protested that then (I think here, in this same thread) but bloody hell, this was already claimed in 1969. It is strange that this is never discussed in any Stones biography, and I only rembember Keith occasionally talking about him (as Brian's Cheltenham friend and how Brian treated him coldly - literally).

Looking the 'tone' of the article, it is also intersting to recognize how the Stones were not in very good condition in popularwise at the time of Brian's death (or during their time from off the road). They are almost treated as has-beens whose records are not selling so much anymore. It is no wonder they wanted desperately to get back to road - and I think that was the reason to get rid of Brian also. Their forecoming American tour and the media attention around it turned to be REALLY importnat for them, even though "Honky Tonk Women" was a huge hit.

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]

Doxa, I noticed that too about Dick Hattrell. It seems that Brian was the one finding gigs and Stu was driving everyone/the equipment around -- so I'm not sure how much "managing" was really needed or going on by anyone outside the band in those early days. But, yes, I agree, the Stones needed to tour in '69 no question! Lisa
29th December 2007 11:22 AM
zooeyglass
29th December 2007 11:24 AM
zooeyglass
29th December 2007 12:11 PM
Sioux
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

This is beautiful, Steve!! I've seen the first one you
posted, but not this one......

As I said once before....

Wow. wow.

Thank you!
29th December 2007 12:13 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

I definitely recommend his two official solo albums: The Madcap Laughs and Barrett. They're much more sparse than Piper, but still that wonderful Syd quality!

Thanks Lisa! I managed to listen to clips from some of
those albums and I liked what I heard... So, those two
have definitely been added to my "list" of CD's to buy..
[Edited by Sioux]
29th December 2007 12:14 PM
Sioux
quote:
zooeyglass wrote:

Sioux! I love that you got it

Me too.... They've had them up on eBay before, but I didn't want to spend a lot for it. This one has a few scratches, but the price was right!
29th December 2007 12:15 PM
Sioux BTW, thanks again for posting the article here, Lisa!
And thank YOU, Philip, for scanning it......wherever you
are.....Philip?......we miss you here.....
29th December 2007 12:31 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Doxa wrote:
What I find interesting in that Chicago Tribune article (thanks lisa!) is the mentioning of Dick Hartrell as their 'first manager'. This was something I heard only few months ago, quoted from the man himself (in related to the new pub-museum in Cheltenham). I strongly protested that then (I think here, in this same thread) but bloody hell, this was already claimed in 1969. It is strange that this is never discussed in any Stones biography, and I only rembember Keith occasionally talking about him (as Brian's Cheltenham friend and how Brian treated him coldly - literally).

Sure, Doxa, I recall your thoughts in the other thread well, cause I agreed with you ... I find it strange, saying Dick Hartrell was the first manager of the Stones. If there exist a `managerī in this days, then was it Brian, trying to get the band recognized. It could be, that Dick helped them with some money ...??

29th December 2007 02:21 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
Doxa wrote:

- Doxa

Yes, the Stones stood under pressure to tour again at the time...they always have been a real live band, no?
But I think the real reason "to get rid of Brian" was, that Brian not really want to be a part of the Stones anymore, he couldnīt cope this "money making thing" for a long time...You can compare it maybe with a marriage, which went wrong, you know you should quit it, but you cannot, cause you think it will be better again...
in the end his bandmates did it for him, and it must be terrible for both sides...

29th December 2007 02:43 PM
Sioux Oh, I think Hattrell managed stuff all right.....he "managed" to get most of his money {and his good coat!} nicked by Brian. And I'm sure he "managed" to stay out of the way when needed. LOL. Mostly I think he managed to finance a bit of the Stones early money needs....
29th December 2007 05:33 PM
Doxa
quote:
Sioux wrote:
Oh, I think Hattrell managed stuff all right.....he "managed" to get most of his money {and his good coat!} nicked by Brian. And I'm sure he "managed" to stay out of the way when needed. LOL. Mostly I think he managed to finance a bit of the Stones early money needs....

Sioux (oglala or hunkpapa?), I'll second to your opinion!

- Doxa
29th December 2007 05:40 PM
Doxa
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:

Yes, the Stones stood under pressure to tour again at the time...they always have been a real live band, no?
But I think the real reason "to get rid of Brian" was, that Brian not really want to be a part of the Stones anymore, he couldnīt cope this "money making thing" for a long time...You can compare it maybe with a marriage, which went wrong, you know you should quit it, but you cannot, cause you think it will be better again...
in the end his bandmates did it for him, and it must be terrible for both sides...

[

Yes, I have about the same feeling of their separation, a sort of marriage stuff, ugly for both sides. But I think the need to go to road and Brian's insecure health and visa problems was the final actual reason for the rest to make the unavoidable decision (that he is to be fired or lthat they let him go). It was not the reason in the first place (that was a long process), but the final pragmatic one to make it really happen.

- Doxa
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)