ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Sirius Deal Ends On New Year's Eve!!! Return to archive
28th December 2006 07:12 PM
The_Worst Was listening to Sirius today on channel 98 & they said that Rolling Stones Radio will end after New Year's Eve...God this sucks....
28th December 2006 07:16 PM
glencar That DOES suck. They still show Rolling Stones Radio in their TV ads.
28th December 2006 07:21 PM
fireontheplatter why are they ending it....?
28th December 2006 07:25 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
why are they ending it....?

They lost the Too Much Blood extended remix 12".

The resultant 2 hour gap in their daily programming left them no alternative but to pull the plug.
28th December 2006 07:31 PM
GotToRollMe Aw, shit.
28th December 2006 07:35 PM
LastChild thats piss poor

...only left with howard stern now.
28th December 2006 07:36 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
why are they ending it....?

A leaked memo is believed to have consisted of a 3-word excuse...

"Dudes are old"
28th December 2006 07:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

A leaked memo is believed to have consisted of a 3-word excuse...

"Dudes are old"

LOL! I would imagine it was a marketing ploy for the tour,and now that it's over so too is the contract. It is nothing more than a "jukebox" format anyway. Meaning that no live live jocks are on-air to promote the station or the band. Too bad. Guess I'll have to go another year without paying for radio.

Riffy
28th December 2006 07:54 PM
Nellcote Right with you Riffy.
Two kids to get thru college, paying for radio is not on my hot list.
28th December 2006 08:59 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
LastChild wrote:
thats piss poor

...only left with howard stern now.

What've you got, the 3 channel model?
If not, spin that dial.

IMO, there's plenty of other stuff to listen to on Sirius - Underground Garage, Outlaw Country, The Roadhouse, Sirius Blues, Classic Vinyl, First Wave, Left Of Center, The Vault and Soul Town, to name a few.

I've found both The Stones and The Who channels maddening in their repetition.
Hear the same tunes played during my morning and afternoon commutes far too often.

Of course, your mileage may vary...
28th December 2006 10:02 PM
Dan XM totally rules. I listen to Fred, Liquid Metal and Fungus the most. Don't need any band specific stations, besides most of the CDs are within arm's reach anyway.
28th December 2006 10:29 PM
Joey

This sucks -- Why ?!
28th December 2006 10:43 PM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Left Shoe Shuffle wrote:

They lost the Too Much Blood extended remix 12".

The resultant 2 hour gap in their daily programming left them no alternative but to pull the plug.

They found it again. They played it at noon today!
29th December 2006 08:54 PM
Lethargy Major suckage. I thought this station would be cheesy, b/c clearly it's just on random play and there's no DJ, no discussion, no nuthin. However, there are A LOT of rarities played, including many I never heard except on this station (diddley diddley diddley diddley daddey...)

I will miss this on my morning commute.
29th December 2006 09:11 PM
glencar In today's mail I received a Sirius brochure which included the Stones channel. Definitely confusing.
30th December 2006 10:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot I have Sirius...and I can't remember the last time I had on the Stones channel. I mostly listen to the Underground Garage, Outlaw Country, and Stern. My wife listens to the Elvis channel.

I still haven't made it over to the Who channel. Does it suffer from the same problems as The Stones channel? I will be honest, I thought the Stones channel sucked. They should have let people like us program the thing...it woulda been way better.
30th December 2006 12:01 PM
gimmekeef Fuck em...come over to my house...Stones Radio has been blastin for 43 years in a row!
31st December 2006 07:47 AM
glencar I heard about 5 rare songs on this morning's drive home. My last morning drive with Stones Sirius. Pisses me off, it does.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)