ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What was your highlight of 2006? Return to archive Page: 1 2
28th December 2006 04:54 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, I can tell you what wasn't: Amsterdam ArenA, July 30.

sad sad sad.
28th December 2006 05:21 PM
Soldatti February 23, 2006
The Stones under the rain.
28th December 2006 05:34 PM
Some Guy Dave Says Van Halen's Hot for Combat
Posted Dec 28th 2006 11:51AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Paparazzi Video, Music

TMZ caught up with David Lee Roth in Manhattan last night, and he warned that a potential Van Halen reunion could result in a NASCAR-style wreck. Or a "Jerry Springer"-like brawl. Or even a "Knots Landing"-esque bitchfight!

Diamond Dave, looking dapper and well-coifed outside of Marquee, said that he's excited that Van Halen was nominated for a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but wondered whether the band would spontaneously combust if they reunited. For months, the band has hinted at a reunion, but Roth admitted in May that he hasn't spoken to guitarist Eddie Van Halen for almost two years.

"A Van Halen reunion is a lot like NASCAR -- are you there to see the winner or the crash?" mused Dave. "In this aspect, we're a lot closer to "Jerry Springer" meets "Knots Landing, which, to me, sells T-shirts." And probably tickets too."

www.tmz.com

Scroll down for interview and video.
28th December 2006 06:12 PM
lotsajizz Rio
29th December 2006 03:04 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Well, I can tell you what wasn't: Amsterdam ArenA, July 30.

Tell me about it Angie! But that, along with all the other non-highlights of this year, deserves a whole thread on its own! It's been a funny year.
29th December 2006 08:09 AM
LadyJane I have two-Personal and Stonesian.

Personal-Becoming a Godmother to my beautiful little Cousin.
She has brought me closer to my family and brings me hope and great joy.

Stonesian-Getting to see the Stones one more time with my oldest and dearest Stones Girlfriend in Atlantic City. That surprise visit meant more to me than words can ever express for many many reasons.

Happy New Year RO'ers.

LJ.
29th December 2006 09:51 AM
Moonisup Bo Diddley was nice, seeing my parents enjoy the stones at the railing was really nice, not my highlight.
uhh seeing loud tshirts, that was funny at shows
29th December 2006 10:45 PM
Lethargy My highlight was the OAKLAND show. Why? B/C I had such low expectations going into it (Keith is brain-dead or had a stroke, Jagger's voice is shot, the extra band members are miserable, etc.), and yet I was treated to one of the top stones shows I've ever seen, including Bitch followed by my alltime fave (you all know by now) Mightnight Rambler.
30th December 2006 11:55 AM
The Archives http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D22%2D2006/230164-1.html

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D24%2D2006/230415-1.html

Where's the original?

30th December 2006 04:50 PM
purpleblondie my highlight was definately Vienna show..well its my first time to saw them live amazing concert,weird austrian crowd :/
30th December 2006 05:00 PM
MrPleasant Quitting my job!
30th December 2006 05:17 PM
fireontheplatter 1st row b stage tickets for the giants stadium show. what a fantastic time. food and beers and good people.

everybody say ow
[Edited by fireontheplatter]
30th December 2006 09:26 PM
The Archives
quote:
The Archives wrote:

Scotland Yard appreciation threads:

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D22%2D2006/230164-1.html

http://novogate.com/board/968/Archives/08%2D24%2D2006/230415-1.html

Where's the original?

ah - here it is - the original Scotland Yard thread:

http://novogate.com/board/968/230133-2.html

31st December 2006 07:16 AM
Phog Getting married, lots of great Stones gigs, and seeing the Steelers win the Super Bowl.
31st December 2006 12:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot Highlight of the year?

The thing that probably gave me the most joy, was happening upon a Nintendo Wii for purchase at retail price just by blind luck, and then seeing my son's face light up when he opened that particular box Xmas morning. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack. And for the record...it is super fun to play.

A close second to that was getting to meet The New York Dolls. That was pretty fuckin, cool too.

But the thing I will always remember about 2006 is when my dad and I took some of my Grandpa's ashes to the golf course...at 1am...and scattered those ashes there. It was so cool. My dad & I took turns throwing my Gramp's putter down #2. Wherever the putter landed, we scattered some ashes. We put the remaining ashes in the cup on the 18th hole. I can't think of anything more appropriate to send off my Gramps than that. Now, he'll ALWAYS be on the golf course.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
31st December 2006 03:48 PM
Throwaway
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Highlight of the year?

The thing that probably gave me the most joy, was happening upon a Nintendo Wii for purchase at retail price just by blind luck, and then seeing my son's face light up when he opened that particular box Xmas morning. I thought he was gonna have a heart attack. And for the record...it is super fun to play.

A close second to that was getting to meet The New York Dolls. That was pretty fuckin, cool too.

But the thing I will always remember about 2006 is when my dad and I took some of my Grandpa's ashes to the golf course...at 1am...and scattered those ashes there. It was so cool. My dad & I took turns throwing my Gramp's putter down #2. Wherever the putter landed, we scattered some ashes. We put the remaining ashes in the cup on the 18th hole. I can't think of anything more appropriate to send off my Gramps than that. Now, he'll ALWAYS be on the golf course.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]

Damn man thats awesome. Always makes me happy (or less sad) when someone can make something positive after a loved one dies.

My 2006' best moments...could be 11/17 AC show, hearing Dylan's new album, or maybe surprising my g/f by showing up to her college on her birthday...may all at Rocksoff have a happy New Year, and blast Exile LOUD wherever you are at 12am!
[Edited by Throwaway]
1st January 2007 05:42 AM
corgi37 I'll be taking my Mum's ashes to Hong Kong in Feb 08. She was rapt when she found out we were gonna do it and i rapt she knew before she went. So guess what my lowlight for 06 is?

Anyway, Sydney April 11 was amazing. Mr & Mr's Daethgod. Matt. My wife. Me. And 55,000 close buddies. Of course, those close buddies were not 4 rows from the front. What a magical night.

And i got Jagger's water bottle!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)