ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: R.I.P. Gerald Ford Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th December 2006 12:00 AM
Joey
R.I.P. President Ford ( A Nebraska Native ) .

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061227/ap_on_re_us/obit_ford

Joey Ford

[Edited by Joey]
27th December 2006 12:08 AM
Poplar
The man's stock has been up recently, with more historians giving him credit for moves that eased some of the chaos that came out of the 60's and Nixon's administration. that pardon decision must have been brutal - knowing a trial would be a mess, and a pardon would draw serious heat.

man - what an RIP run we have going at the moment.
27th December 2006 07:26 AM
Mel Belli All right, I know it's tasteless at this hour, but could someone find the YouTube of Dana Carvey doing Tom Brokaw announcing the death of...?
27th December 2006 08:21 AM
Mel Belli Since I asked:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-89770458144460734&hl=en
27th December 2006 09:11 AM
gustavobala
quote:
Joey wrote:

R.I.P. President Ford ( A Nebraska Native ) .

he wasn´t a michigan congressit?

rip!
27th December 2006 09:29 AM
BILL PERKS ALL MEMBERS OF THE WARREN COMMISSION SHOULD ROT IN HELL FOR THE LIES THEY PROPOGATED
27th December 2006 09:30 AM
Highwire Rob A welcome relief from Nixon

But I can't get those SNL images out of my head of Chevy Chase as Ford: putting up the White House decoration on the huge Christmas tree and then toppling the whole thing over... is there a YouTube?

They really skewered him at that time for his alleged "bumbling" nature. In reality, didn't he have just one stumble disembarking a plane or something like that?

RIP

A welcome relief from Nixon
27th December 2006 09:34 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

But I can't get those SNL images out of my head of Chevy Chase as Ford: putting up the White House decoration on the huge Christmas tree and then toppling the whole thing over... is there a YouTube?

They really skewered him at that time for his alleged "bumbling" nature. In reality, didn't he have just one stumble disembarking a plane or something like that?

RIP

Nah, he was always stumbling, Rob. He was a professional stumbler.
27th December 2006 10:50 AM
Starbuck only the third prez to die during my lifetime. interesting. when i was born there were no living former presidents....when i was 20 there were six current and former presidents....i wonder if that's a record!
27th December 2006 10:55 AM
Starbuck oh yes...

27th December 2006 11:18 AM
Taptrick
Trivia time:

Anyone remember what this Ford campaign slogan stood for:

27th December 2006 11:22 AM
rasputin56 Whip Inflation Now.

And here I thought inflation was created by the worst president ever, Carter.
27th December 2006 11:42 AM
Jimmy_Carter
quote:
And here I thought inflation was created by the worst president ever, Carter.

I was not the worst president ever.

This guy sat on his ass while the Southern states walked out the door...

This guy's administration was up for sale - more corruption here than at an Enron "top brass" BBQ...

And this guy....well....
27th December 2006 11:45 AM
Taptrick WHIP INFLATION NOW is correct! USA actually hit 11.0 in 74. The inflation rate did drop to 9.2 in 75 and, 5.7 in 76, with a slight rise in 77 to 6.5 before jumping to 11.7 in 79 and 13.5 at the end of 1980 after which it continually dropped until it reached a low of 1.9 in 86. We haven't been above 7 since.

[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
[Edited by Taptrick]
27th December 2006 12:02 PM
lotsajizz Perks speaketh for me as well....
27th December 2006 12:08 PM
Dan I read a great book about the first month of his presidency over the summer. I don't remember what it is called though.
27th December 2006 03:34 PM
sirmoonie RIP President Gerald Ford!
27th December 2006 08:54 PM
Riffhard RIP President Ford. His was not the most notable presidencies,but then again he was never elected,and only served for two and half years. He did the right thing in pardoning Nixon though. Lord knows that the legal proceedings would have dragged out for years had he not had the forsight to just grant the pardon and get that whole sorted mess behind us for the good of the nation.

It's funny,but over at another nameless faceless Stones' messageboard they are slamming Ford for granting Nixon that pardon! LOL! Gee fellas what do ya think about Clinton pardoning major coke dealers and criminals from the FBI's Most Wanted list,huh?! I mean Mark Rich alone was the most corrupt bastard ever granted a presidential pardon,but you don't hear a peep about Pardon Gate from the Kool-Aid drinking morons over there! Funny,huh? Mark Rich the same guy that gave Hillary "Cankles" Clinton's Senate run a huge boost with soft money,not to mention the Clinton Presidential Library that he helped build in exchange for his insane pardon!

I only wish that Ford would have won in 1976. If for no other reason than to save the country four years of the most ineffective president in the history of the United States.

Riffy
27th December 2006 09:18 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
ALL MEMBERS OF THE WARREN COMMISSION SHOULD ROT IN HELL FOR THE LIES THEY PROPOGATED

Perks .....................................

LBJ used the mob to have JFK whacked --- it was a smart move as the Kennedys did not need Lyndon anymore ... they WERE going to dump him from the ticket in the upcoming 1964 election ... he had the heart condition .... Johnson would have been too old in 1968 ...... Damn friggin shame about that Vietnam .

Oh , ............ and I do not particularly care for your Avatar .

Jazzy
27th December 2006 11:17 PM
pdog I was near his house in CO, when skiing at Beaver Creek near Vail, many years ago...
Was he the only non-elected president in the USA?
RIP...
27th December 2006 11:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
I was near his house in CO, when skiing at Beaver Creek near Vail, many years ago...
Was he the only non-elected president in the USA?
RIP...

Yes indeed. He was the only non-elected president,and the only non-elected vice president both. Other non-elected vice presidents have been in office,but Ford was the only man to be unelected for either office. He was made vice president when Spiro Agnew was forced to resign. Funny enough the only election he ever lost was his presidential run in 1976. Too bad really considering what we got instead. He was also the last senetor to hold the office of president. All since have been governors. That may well change in 2008.

Riffy
27th December 2006 11:38 PM
Riffhard I should amend that last post. There have been other non-elected presidents in US history. Obviously LBJ was not elected to the office of president,but Ford was not elected to the executive branch at all,and he is the only president that holds that distinction.

Riffy
28th December 2006 12:51 AM
Taptrick
And possibly, despite the spin, our most athletically gifted President ever.

28th December 2006 12:56 AM
Taptrick

Not a bad looking guy in his day (right). As I look at this photo it reminds me how some people have lived lifetimes that, even to them, must have seemed so far away and distant.

28th December 2006 01:12 AM
Starbuck riffy!

ford was never a senator- he spent 25 years as a congressman before becoming veep.

be nice to jimmy carter! he's really a nice guy, i swear!
28th December 2006 01:16 AM
Starbuck oh yeah...

and this!

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/12/27/ford.iraq/index.html

has keno been notified??
28th December 2006 02:07 AM
glencar RIP President Ford. He was a Ford; not a Lincoln.

In the middle of CNN's horrendous coverage last night they showed a poll of who Americans think are the best POTUSes of the 30 years. Reagan was at 64% (or so) and Clinton & Carter were both at 45%. Ford was at 23%. It shows our schools are in a serious state of disrepair.
28th December 2006 05:28 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Obviously LBJ was not elected to the office of president,...Riffy

LOL!!! 1964 son!

28th December 2006 08:28 AM
Taptrick I think it was obvious what was meant.

[Edited by Taptrick]
28th December 2006 09:43 AM
rasputin56 LOL! As long as Riffy's still here, the spirit of Tele lives on!

Just for the record, the pardon was the right thing to do. Now, if Nixon had fibbed about a blowjob on the other hand, they should have prosecuted him to the fullest extent of the law.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)