ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones in Australia 1973 snippet Return to archive
24th December 2006 07:32 PM
sj http://www.abc.net.au/dig/tv/default.htm?program=digtv&pres=20060918_2100&story=3

merry xmas!!
24th December 2006 07:44 PM
MrPleasant This vid caused me a big grin. Thanks.
25th December 2006 12:21 AM
LastChild "we're not here to take over the world. we're just rock n roll musicians."

drill that into mick's head, keith.
25th December 2006 10:35 AM
Lord Homosex great footage. so are they saying this is coming out? Or is this what is currently available on the Austarlia 73 DVD?
26th December 2006 02:05 AM
corgi37 A 1/2 hour doco has been shown on tv a few times. Keith's comment about people like Brian not ever going to be 70 years old is in this doco. Some very cool stuff.
26th December 2006 07:54 PM
texile my favorite tour -
they were literally on fire.
27th December 2006 07:01 PM
Homercles That interview with Keith where he talks about the band being shocked but not surprised about Brian dying also appears on 25x5 I recall. I assume the interview with was conducted at Randwick race track as I notice there are horse stables in the background. Great candid interview.
29th December 2006 06:17 AM
sj
quote:
Homercles wrote:
That interview with Keith where he talks about the band being shocked but not surprised about Brian dying also appears on 25x5 I recall. I assume the interview with was conducted at Randwick race track as I notice there are horse stables in the background. Great candid interview.

The Keith interview was at Montsalvat artists' colony in Eltham, just outside of Melbourne. Geese and French provincial living all around. Quite unique for Melbourne.

More info at http://www.montsalvat.com.au/

Guess the Stones liked their stint at Villa Nellcote just prior to 1973.
30th December 2006 06:58 AM
corgi37 Yes, the Stones based themselves at the artists colony for awhile. Reports suggested pot was smoked and women were in various stages of undress. It's also the place where the press conference was done, and reporter, later newsreader, Ian Johnston asked about "pot" being smuggled in. Jagger got really pissed off and was hilarious! This tour was a year after Joe Cocker's disastrous and scandal plagued tour which saw him deported.

I've lived in Melbourne all my life, and i have no idea what ever became of "June" the reporter. She did a good job.

They may have been on fire musically, but stage wise, the star was the fat black guy sitting on the stool clapping along!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)