ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Summer Romance NON APPRECIATION thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
21st December 2006 01:56 PM
F505 Weak song, bad lyrics, start of the decline.
21st December 2006 02:23 PM
ExileInLA Here we go...

I really start to slag the Rolling Stones around this period and it didn't stop until 1994 with Voodoo Lounge. And after that, well, you know the story - zzzzz.....

Their top 5 albums AFTER Exile:

5. Black and Blue
4. Tattoo You
3. Goat's Head Soup
2. Some Girls
1. Voodoo Lounge
21st December 2006 02:31 PM
ListenToTheLion ER: Leftovers from Some Girls. Two or three good songs but Summer Romance is sure NOT one of them.
21st December 2006 02:37 PM
SteveMiller The usual suspects who bash the stones, come listen to ol' Steve
21st December 2006 02:50 PM
CraigP I love this upbeat, rocker.
21st December 2006 02:56 PM
texile love er - it was a time-out album...transitional and the title track is fantastic, the last stones song i remember EVERYBODY liking (yes, more than smu), not just stones fans.
21st December 2006 03:04 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:
Weak song, bad lyrics, start of the decline.

Booohhh!!!!
21st December 2006 03:36 PM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Booohhh!!!!

Look what the cat dragged in!
21st December 2006 03:43 PM
Starbuck look at us! arguing over the gospel!

we're starting to split! fragment! schism! just like the sunnis and shias!

allah help us all!!!
21st December 2006 03:47 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
look at us! arguing over the gospel!

we're starting to split! fragment! schism! just like the sunnis and shias!

I blame the Digital Dawgs!

I'll be back....
21st December 2006 04:02 PM
Scottfree
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I love this upbeat, rocker.

I witcha.....
21st December 2006 05:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man I think I'm in between love and hate with this song and really Emotion Rescue as a whole. A few months vback I started a thread about how much I loced the album and indeed I like it a lot. I'll probably did it out in a couple of years time and feel the same! It's just a Stones era I'm not into much.
21st December 2006 05:50 PM
Soldatti I hated ER during a long time, I really love it now.
21st December 2006 05:53 PM
F505
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I hated ER during a long time, I really love it now.

That's because you have read too many Saint Sway posts.
21st December 2006 06:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man Is anyone here with me on the era front?

I can understand about those who were around at the time, but for me looking back, its nothing special. The 60’s and early 70’s were far more interesting.
21st December 2006 06:07 PM
Saint Sway 1980 was The Stones musical peak. Their Mt Everest.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
21st December 2006 06:29 PM
MikeyC613 The greatest party album the Stones released.
21st December 2006 06:50 PM
Lethargy Where The Boys Go RULES, one of their overlooked best rockers.

But yeah, Summer Romance is kinda lame.
21st December 2006 06:52 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
But yeah, Summer Romance is kinda lame.

where is the real Lethargy and what have you done with him?
21st December 2006 06:57 PM
Lethargy In 2001-03 (or whenever the f--k it was - I have trouble remembering things), they had a secion of the show that emphasized a particular album, and they did 3 or 4 songs from that album in a row.

It's high time Emotional Rescue received the same treatment. The trio should be:

Where The Boys Go
Down In The Hole
Emotional Rescue

or maybe

Dance Part 1
Let Me Go
Send It To Me

the possibilities are endless.
21st December 2006 07:01 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
In 2001-03 (or whenever the f--k it was - I have trouble remembering things), they had a secion of the show that emphasized a particular album, and they did 3 or 4 songs from that album in a row.

It's high time Emotional Rescue received the same treatment. The trio should be:

Where The Boys Go
Down In The Hole
Emotional Rescue

or maybe

Dance Part 1
Let Me Go
Send It To Me

the possibilities are endless.

HE'S BAAAAAAACK!!

ER is your favorite album, yes?
21st December 2006 08:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
1980 was The Stones musical peak. Their Mt Everest.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

A little ditty for you, Swayie. I was fucked up when I filmed it - high kong'ed on The Liquor.

21st December 2006 08:23 PM
Some Guy Moonbeam that was unneeded.
21st December 2006 08:31 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Moonbeam that was unneeded.

It was a necessary exercise in posting. Somebody had to.

I need liquor.

Go downstairs to bar and get some. Liquor that is. Liquor is what I'm going downstairs to the bar to get. I am going downstairs to the bar to get some liquor.
21st December 2006 10:04 PM
Bob Tamp It would have been better if it was just a b-side on a single. As far as a worthy album cut, its pretty much shit for the Rolling Stones.
22nd December 2006 05:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

Look what the cat dragged in!

LOL we need to meet F505!!!
23rd December 2006 04:39 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL we need to meet F505!!!

I am glad you support this thread! When are you coming to The Hague again?
23rd December 2006 12:59 PM
time is on my side
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
ER: Leftovers from Some Girls. Two or three good songs but Summer Romance is sure NOT one of them.

I'm listening not only to the Lion but to ER and, more specifically Summer Romance, even as I'm typing this message just to get a clear idea of what people see in what the STONES themselves looked upon as throwaway, disposable product.

Man does this stuff suck. It's 1980 and, its the STONES, so there's going to be some worthwhile shit in there but, as a whole, this brings back some bad memories. I remember being in Germany (stoned) listening to ER for the first time being genuinely shocked and wondering what the hell happened to them. ER was the first STONES album I couldn't stand. Thinking to myself "leftovers from Some Girls. Two or three good songs but Summer Romance is sure NOT one of them" or something like that (the beer & hash were great back in those days so the memory of those times is a little hazy).

Over 26 years later, not much, as least from my point of view, has changed. The last note on ER has played ( I think i'll play Down in the Hole again) but it's always been an album which I've heavily skipped over. You know so I could get to those two or three good songs. Don't know when I'll get to play ER in it's entirety again. After just listening it, my guess is it's going to be awhile.

24th December 2006 08:44 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

I'm listening not only to the Lion but to ER and, more specifically Summer Romance, even as I'm typing this message just to get a clear idea of what people see in what the STONES themselves looked upon as throwaway, disposable product.

Man does this stuff suck. It's 1980 and, its the STONES, so there's going to be some worthwhile shit in there but, as a whole, this brings back some bad memories. I remember being in Germany (stoned) listening to ER for the first time being genuinely shocked and wondering what the hell happened to them. ER was the first STONES album I couldn't stand. Thinking to myself "leftovers from Some Girls. Two or three good songs but Summer Romance is sure NOT one of them" or something like that (the beer & hash were great back in those days so the memory of those times is a little hazy).

Over 26 years later, not much, as least from my point of view, has changed. The last note on ER has played ( I think i'll play Down in the Hole again) but it's always been an album which I've heavily skipped over. You know so I could get to those two or three good songs. Don't know when I'll get to play ER in it's entirety again. After just listening it, my guess is it's going to be awhile.

Thanks Time. You do have taste! I think 2 songs on the album are good: Dance part 1 and Down in the Hole. The rest is very weak and not Stones worthy. ER is a real bummer after the glorious Some Girls.
24th December 2006 09:08 AM
fireontheplatter i like the song...to tough.. off of er
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)