ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: townshend sort of blasts keith and ronnie Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
18th December 2006 12:27 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
texile wrote:

'Well, I'm still doing (bleep)-ing everything!'" Townshend added, "Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. "

Great. Now we know who to send our complaints to.

18th December 2006 12:30 PM
Some Guy I have yet to decide if I will get drunk or not today.
18th December 2006 12:55 PM
speedfreakjive true, Mick is more professional, but Keith still has the talent
18th December 2006 02:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I have yet to decide if I will get drunk or not today.

Funny !

Good Postin'

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

I have got my eye on you today ……………….

[Edited by Joey]
18th December 2006 02:35 PM
ListenToTheLion What? Another thread about that idiot? For Christ sake stop it!
18th December 2006 02:36 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
true, Mick is more professional, but Keith still has the talent

Talent for what if I may ask?
18th December 2006 02:38 PM
texile
jaxx wrote:

'I believe that being the prima donna, control freak that he is,'

thank god for that - otherwise no work would every get done...
18th December 2006 02:41 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

Talent for what if I may ask?

for cranking up the riffs! lets nor forget the arthritis and health issues here
18th December 2006 02:42 PM
texile
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

but speed,
professionalism does not preempt talent....
and keith is as much an adolescent prima donna as jagger ever was...
18th December 2006 02:47 PM
Some Guy
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

for cranking up the riffs! lets nor forget the arthritis and health issues here

the man overcame a rumoured stroke!
18th December 2006 03:04 PM
Maxlugar

18th December 2006 03:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

where'd ya get that Townsend pic?

is it a screen still from a recent episode of Dateline?
18th December 2006 03:12 PM
Joey
For My Babies :

18th December 2006 03:24 PM
glencar
quote:
texile wrote:

SIR MICK JAGGER is sick of organising THE ROLLING STONES' tour while his lazy bandmates sit around getting drunk, according to rock pal PETE TOWNSHEND. THE WHO guitarist and songwriter Townshend reveals Jagger's frustration, after the pair met recently - as Jagger nears the end of his band's exhaustive A BIGGER BANG tour. Townshend says, "I said, 'How's it going?' and he said, 'Er, all right.' I said, 'How's KEITH (RICHARDS)?' 'All right.' 'How's RONNIE (WOOD)?' 'All right.' "And I said, 'So how are you?' And he said, 'Well, I'm still doing (bleep)-ing everything!'" Townshend added, "Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." 16/12/2006 15:19

this is a surprise huh?

sHOCKING STORY! bUT ISN'T IT REALLY mICK (SORT OF) BADMOUTHING HIS BANDMATES?
18th December 2006 08:38 PM
texile
quote:
glencar wrote:
sHOCKING STORY! bUT ISN'T IT REALLY mICK (SORT OF) BADMOUTHING HIS BANDMATES?

maybe, but they deserve it and i can imagine jagger being frustrated with them...
but townshend should have kept his trap shut....
because jagger never disses his bandmates publically.
18th December 2006 08:48 PM
glencar Tempest in a teapot. We need to move on.
18th December 2006 08:49 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I have yet to decide if I will get drunk or not today.

get drunk with keef
18th December 2006 09:11 PM
glencar Yeah!
19th December 2006 02:16 AM
Doxa Everybody seems to be talking Keith & his reactions here. But I am more worried how Ronnie would feel about it. I guess he actually needs to decide every fucking day that he definitively will not have a single drink today. "Thanks, Pete. Now fuck you, too".

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]
19th December 2006 04:49 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
texile wrote:

but speed,
professionalism does not preempt talent....
and keith is as much an adolescent prima donna as jagger ever was...

true, I think they'll a call it a day next summer anyway - or a lifetimes work.......
19th December 2006 07:24 AM
glencar
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Everybody seems to be talking Keith & his reactions here. But I am more worried how Ronnie would feel about it. I guess he actually needs to decide every fucking day that he definitively will not have a single drink today. "Thanks, Pete. Now fuck you, too".

- Doxa
[Edited by Doxa]

Well, Petey was just quoting Mick...
19th December 2006 10:25 AM
Bruno
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

So... Mick has no talent, that´s it?
19th December 2006 11:39 AM
Doxa
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, Petey was just quoting Mick...

Well, actually he wasn't. According to him, Mick had only said to him that he 'needs to do fuckin' everything'. The rest - reference to 'to get drunk or not' - is just Pete's own interpretation.

Anyway, when I first read it in its original context (the one discussed here is just tabloid version) I find it funny, and I supppose all the guys mentioned will find it, too.

-Doxa

[Edited by Doxa]
19th December 2006 11:43 AM
Gazza
quote:
texile wrote:

maybe, but they deserve it and i can imagine jagger being frustrated with them...
but townshend should have kept his trap shut....
because jagger never disses his bandmates publically.

Maybe - but he should know by now what Pete "Mr Discretion" is like. Hardly the first time Pete's shared a few personal Mick anecdotes with the press.

Fail to see why some feel a sense of outrage. Its funny and its nothing we didnt already know, but just expressed in a different way. Sounds like Jagger has his tongue in cheek a bit too.
19th December 2006 11:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Doxa wrote:
Everybody seems to be talking Keith & his reactions here.

After all the sniping (much of it a lot more malicious than this) Keith's been doing at Mick in the press for the last 20 years or more, I think he's long overdue the occasional pot-shot in return.
19th December 2006 12:33 PM
WJ
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

where'd ya get that Townsend pic?

is it a screen still from a recent episode of Dateline?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
19th December 2006 12:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Doxa wrote:

Well, actually he wasn't. According to him, Mick had only said to him that he 'needs to do fuckin' everything'. The rest - reference to 'to get drunk or not' - is just Pete's own interpretation.

Anyway, when I first read it in its original context (the one discussed here is just tabloid version) I find it funny, and I supppose all the guys mentioned will find it, too.

-Doxa

[Edited by Doxa]

I'm sure Mick mentioned the part about those guys doing nothing but drinking all day. Maybe he & Mick had some late night phone calls & Mick poured his heart out..
19th December 2006 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm sure Mick mentioned the part about those guys doing nothing but drinking all day. Maybe he & Mick had some late night phone calls & Mick poured his heart out..

I hear Mick is now ' dating ' Tara Conner

I hear things .....................

Some Things ...........
19th December 2006 02:45 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:

After all the sniping (much of it a lot more malicious than this) Keith's been doing at Mick in the press for the last 20 years or more, I think he's long overdue the occasional pot-shot in return.

excellent point...
keith has been slagging jagger off for years, has called him all kind of names and this after spending an entire decade as a junkie.
19th December 2006 03:57 PM
glencar Mick is strong enough to take it. never fear. Many of us have simple-minded detractors but we just shrug 'em off.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)