ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ 1965 Michael Ochs
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: townshend sort of blasts keith and ronnie Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
16th December 2006 03:08 PM
texile

SIR MICK JAGGER is sick of organising THE ROLLING STONES' tour while his lazy bandmates sit around getting drunk, according to rock pal PETE TOWNSHEND. THE WHO guitarist and songwriter Townshend reveals Jagger's frustration, after the pair met recently - as Jagger nears the end of his band's exhaustive A BIGGER BANG tour. Townshend says, "I said, 'How's it going?' and he said, 'Er, all right.' I said, 'How's KEITH (RICHARDS)?' 'All right.' 'How's RONNIE (WOOD)?' 'All right.' "And I said, 'So how are you?' And he said, 'Well, I'm still doing (bleep)-ing everything!'" Townshend added, "Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." 16/12/2006 15:19

this is a surprise huh?
16th December 2006 03:29 PM
Dick Bush "...while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day."

How wrong can one be

Isn't that malicious?
16th December 2006 03:33 PM
steel driving hammer Thats been like that from the start.

It works still don't it?

If it's broke, don't fix it.

Just let the guitars play...
16th December 2006 03:40 PM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Thats been like that from the start.

It works still don't it?

Babe ... ?!?!?!

There's a nasty Cold Front coming your way tomorrow ............... please take it easy on the Cabernet .

Baby Joe Wolcott
16th December 2006 03:56 PM
texile
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Thats been like that from the start.

It works still don't it?

yes, let the children play...
unfortunately, the children have not been very productive lately - and jagger has had to cover thier asses.
true hammer, it's always been this way but jagger deserves more credit than he gets from these two, especially keith.
16th December 2006 04:05 PM
lotsajizz Jagger has carried them for awhile....
16th December 2006 04:08 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr.
quote:
texile wrote:

yes, let the children play...
unfortunately, the children have not been very productive lately - and jagger has had to cover thier asses.
true hammer, it's always been this way but jagger deserves more credit than he gets from these two, especially keith.

True. Mick also deserves more credit from the fans. I get so sick of hearing people talk about how Keith is all about the music and how much music is part of his SOUL blah blah blah. I guess that's why between B2B and ABB the best Keith could come up with was one shitty song.

If it wasn't for Mick, Stones shows wouldn't even be worth going to these days.
16th December 2006 04:34 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Steamboat Bill, Jr. wrote:

True. Mick also deserves more credit from the fans. I get so sick of hearing people talk about how Keith is all about the music and how much music is part of his SOUL blah blah blah. I guess that's why between B2B and ABB the best Keith could come up with was one shitty song.

Buddy don't be foolish, don't you ever tell stupid things like that.

It is the funny lookin sea hag making all the moves for the Mick, these days the black witch is even choosing the wigs for him.

16th December 2006 04:39 PM
texile
quote:

exactly steamboat!
people who don't know better are fed this myth that keith is true artist - mick the "singer", the businessman..
bullshit -
my favorite stones songs are songs like beast of burden (keith wrote the chorus, mick the rest) and waiting on a friend...where the lyrics and vocals have resonance...
when keith was working with chuck berry (notoriously difficult), they asked him how he dealt with it,
keith replied,
'he he, i've been working with mick jagger for 40 years..'
yeah, like mick was the one nodding out during the 70s...

16th December 2006 04:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >.... while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." <

I can relate to that. And sometimes it can be damn confusing.
16th December 2006 04:43 PM
Bruno
quote:

Amen! Mick is my favourite stone because, apart of his huge talent, he is the reason why we still have this band to listen to and talk about. I feel most people donīt give him the credit for this. And then Keith goes, says "fuck" somehting and people in ecstasy scream that Keith is God. Tsc Tsc...

16th December 2006 04:56 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>.... while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." <

I can relate to that. And sometimes it can be damn confusing.

Well,

It is the Pete who got cought with his pants down few years ago, I don't really think he is a bad kind of pedo but he'd better shut the fuck up about Keef.
16th December 2006 05:07 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Well,

It is the Pete who got cought with his pants down few years ago, I don't really think he is a bad kind of pedo but he'd better shut the fuck up about Keef.

Hey Dick! That's good stuff.
16th December 2006 05:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Mick vs Keith???????
How many angels can dance on the head of a pin????

16th December 2006 05:56 PM
Joey " It is the Pete who got cought with his pants down few years ago, I don't really think he is a bad kind of pedo but he'd better shut the fuck up about Keef."

16th December 2006 08:40 PM
rocker Life must really be tough for ol' Mick
16th December 2006 09:33 PM
Bruno
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
>And he said, 'Well, I'm still doing (bleep)-ing everything!'" Townshend added, "Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." <

Mick....quit yer bitching!
Pete...quit yer ass kissing!

Donīt you think Mick, whoīs been doing fucking everything for 40 years, has at least the right to bitch about it? Come on...
17th December 2006 02:20 AM
sammy davis jr. I don't blame the Mickster for being pissed at those two wankers. Half the time those two are wasted anyway-just listen to the boots.
17th December 2006 06:25 AM
corgi37 It is well known the WHO were jealous of the Stones success, particularly with touring. They even admit the last few tours were only to line their pockets (well, mainly the Ox's).

I read in a article years ago, where Townsend was lamenting that the WHO never sold the amount of records they felt they should - Tommy & probably Who's Next aside. He said something along the lines that he had to be happy being #3 behind Beatles, Stones. Though, now, its probably #5 - behind a resurgent Queen & Oasis.

And that Mr. Blobby thing from a few years ago.
17th December 2006 08:36 AM
Olompali The Who never, ever approached The Stones in artistry or success except once, with Who's Next.
LZ was their real comparitive competition and even there they were stomped.
No need to even mention the stratospheric U2.
17th December 2006 11:55 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

Well,

pete certainly has more to say and has become increasingly arrogant as those charges fade from memory
17th December 2006 02:10 PM
Soldatti Mick is carrying the band for almost 20 years now.
17th December 2006 06:53 PM
Joey
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

pete certainly has more to say and has become increasingly arrogant as those charges fade from memory

I do not particularly care for your avatar .....

.....Oh , and I am HONORED to be named " Time Magazine's Person of the Year for 2006 " ...and you ?!

18th December 2006 09:28 AM
polytoxic
quote:
texile wrote:

SIR MICK JAGGER is sick of organising THE ROLLING STONES' tour while his lazy bandmates sit around getting drunk, according to rock pal PETE TOWNSHEND. THE WHO guitarist and songwriter Townshend reveals Jagger's frustration, after the pair met recently - as Jagger nears the end of his band's exhaustive A BIGGER BANG tour. Townshend says, "I said, 'How's it going?' and he said, 'Er, all right.' I said, 'How's KEITH (RICHARDS)?' 'All right.' 'How's RONNIE (WOOD)?' 'All right.' "And I said, 'So how are you?' And he said, 'Well, I'm still doing (bleep)-ing everything!'" Townshend added, "Mick does actually organise every little detail of the tour, while Ronnie and Keith just have to decide whether they're going to get drunk or not. That's the big decision of the day." 16/12/2006 15:19

this is a surprise huh?

Ah, Dad getting pissed off at the lads. We expect no less.
That's a funny anectode and not exactly breaking news as we all know.

18th December 2006 10:38 AM
nankerphelge What a shithead Pete is for saying it publicly.
I am certain Mick didn't confide in Pete to have him bad mouth Keith and Ronnie.
Now Mick has to deal with the inevitable reaction from Keith.

That helps.
Thanks Pete.
Shithead!
18th December 2006 10:49 AM
Joey " What a shithead Pete is for saying it publicly.
I am certain Mick didn't confide in Pete to have him bad mouth Keith and Ronnie.
Now Mick has to deal with the inevitable reaction from Keith."

Nanky ?!

[Edited by Joey]
18th December 2006 11:04 AM
Jaxx ha! very interesting. but no big surprise here. being in a band is like being in a marriage and nobody on the outside "really" knows whats going on. i believe that being the prima donna, control freak that he is, mick believes what he told petey. whether that is the reality of the situation, is another story. however, pete should have been "mum" on the conversation. i don't think mick's attitude is news to keith and ron, probably a bone of contention between all of them. but it is a private matter and as a fan, i don't care to hear about their ongoing power struggle.
18th December 2006 11:16 AM
Joey " but it is a private matter and as a fan, i don't care to hear about their ongoing power struggle. "

18th December 2006 11:29 AM
Jaxx lmao. gr8 photo. thanks
18th December 2006 11:47 AM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:
lmao. gr8 photo. thanks

Happy Twenty First Birthday my Mile High Momma .

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)