ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

With Liv Tyler @ The VH1 Fasion Awards after party
© 2000 Kevin Mazur from Rolling Stone Magazine
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone into The Talking Heads? Return to archive
January 2nd, 2006 03:32 PM
pdog What do you think of the new series of remasters, I brought the brick consisting of their entire catalog or most of it at least...
Just wondering...
January 2nd, 2006 03:55 PM
mac_daddy didnt know there was one...

yes, i dig em alot.

January 2nd, 2006 04:06 PM
Jair Too 80's. Cant stand'em anymore.
January 2nd, 2006 04:31 PM
glencar Loved 'em but I won't bother with Brick. I read that it's nine CD's. Newsweek loved it.
January 2nd, 2006 09:50 PM
lotsajizz everything by the Talking Heads was brilliant...their show at the Student Union at UM in Fall '82 ('Remain In Light' tour) was one of the best shows I've seen anyone perform
January 3rd, 2006 03:35 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I like talking heads I wouldnt say that I liked everything they did. But I liked a lot of their stuff. Some of it hasnt aged very well though.
January 3rd, 2006 10:24 AM
gimmekeef Great in small doses...a bit redundant after that....
January 3rd, 2006 12:06 PM
FPM C10

Saw the Heads 4 times - the show pictured here was the best. It was the one before the "Remain in Light" tour in 1980 - their first with the extended band of the incredible Adrian Belew on guitar, Busta Cherry Jones on bass, Bernie Worrall on keys, et al. At Emerald City in Cherry Hill NJ, a fantastic venue which I really miss. (I also saw Joe Jackson there, and XTC on the Black Sea tour)

My whole band went to see the Heads and we got to meet them afterwards (we knew the lighting director for the club). An incredible night that made you rethink music.

Would LOOOOOVE to see the Heads reform & cash in, like the Pixies, the Dolls, and my old band...

[Edited by i zimbra]
[Edited by FPM C10]
January 3rd, 2006 12:13 PM
Jumacfly if you like David Byrne check the song he made with thievery corp. last year called "beautiful for ever", a great groovy electro tune ...you can find it in the Nova tunes 1.2 made by the french radio Nova, quite easy to DL!!
oh, of course it 's not the talking heads a band I need to know more!
January 3rd, 2006 09:23 PM
FPM C10

The first time I saw the Heads was on the Fear of Music tour in '79 at the Philly Zoo. They played in the Rare Mammals section.

"Animals think / they're pretty smart
Shit on the ground / see in the dark."

[Edited by FPM C10]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)