ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

With Liv Tyler @ The VH1 Fasion Awards after party
© 2000 Kevin Mazur from Rolling Stone Magazine
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Your First Stones Song of 2006... Return to archive Page: 1 2
January 2nd, 2006 12:03 PM
RollingstonesUSA Hand Of Fate....
January 2nd, 2006 03:03 PM
speedfreakjive Fancy Man Blues
January 2nd, 2006 03:37 PM
iluvmickjagger07 mine was start me up which is odd because i rarily listen to that anymore.
January 2nd, 2006 04:32 PM
Jumacfly Satisfaction by Otis Redding
January 2nd, 2006 05:35 PM
justforyou Just My Imagination
January 2nd, 2006 06:58 PM
texile got home fairly early - around 2am - and watched a boot dvd from australia 73...
mainly interviews - but they showed the stones playing brown sugar ....with the recorded version over a live visual....
i haven't really tecnically LISTENED to a stones song for the new year...ill have to find the right mood.
January 2nd, 2006 06:59 PM
texile oh yeah, my ringtone is beast of burden...
January 3rd, 2006 11:44 AM
Saint Sway I was treated to an amazing 1st Stones song of '06....
Sometime around 2:20am, The Black Crowes closed thier kick ass New Years Eve concert at MSG with an encore of "STREET FIGHTING MAN"!!!!!

Happy Fucking New Year suckers!
January 3rd, 2006 11:50 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I was treated to an amazing 1st Stones song of '06....
Sometime around 2:20am, The Black Crowes closed thier kick ass New Years Eve concert at MSG with an encore of "STREET FIGHTING MAN"!!!!!

Happy Fucking New Year suckers!

happy new year St Sway!!
got a link of the song? or where can I hear or DL it??
January 3rd, 2006 12:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

happy new year St Sway!!
got a link of the song? or where can I hear or DL it??

no links yet, but will post one once I find one.

I would describe it as closer to the Mick Taylor years versions than any of the recent Stones versions. I thought Chris's delivery was a little off. It was more CR and less the slow MJ drawl that the song is famous for. But the rest of the band really rocked it out. A fine way to ring in the new year!

sadly, in a typical stupid Crowes move designed to not allow themselves to ever make a buck, they for some dumb reason did not offer Instant Live recordings at the MSG show. Stupid move. They could of sold a lot of Instant Live CDs of the show. Oh well...

there were plenty of tapers in the house, so many excellent recordings should surface in the coming days.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
January 3rd, 2006 12:13 PM
Nasty Habits The band I was watching stopped the show long enough to do a countdown and then launched into "The Last Time" exactly at midnight.

It was smoking.

Driving home yesterday I heard "Oh No", "Undercover" and "Rain Fall Down" on three different radio stations during the course of an hour, which portends a very weird year.
January 3rd, 2006 12:21 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
The band I was watching stopped the show long enough to do a countdown and then launched into "The Last Time" exactly at midnight.

It was smoking.

Driving home yesterday I heard "Oh No", "Undercover" and "Rain Fall Down" on three different radio stations during the course of an hour, which portends a very weird year.

cool story Dude!!
I ve opened 2006 (I was the DJ LOL)with "hoo hoo" from the 5.6.7.8's!!
January 3rd, 2006 03:23 PM
Egbert Wild Horses by the Flying Burrito Bros. - got the GP Anthology 2-CD set for Christmas and have been playing that pretty much non-stop (along with some Uncle Tupelo) since New Year's - so no official Stones yet. The first Stones of the year should be special and meaningful. Starfucker from LYL it is!
January 3rd, 2006 05:07 PM
sirfito I started with Rough Justice from A Bigger Bang very LOUD!
Fito
January 3rd, 2006 05:18 PM
Some Guy Nuttin yet.
January 3rd, 2006 05:26 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rough Justice was the first for me too!
January 3rd, 2006 05:48 PM
speedfreakjive [quote]VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Rough Justice was the first for me too!
[/qu

Do you think its the highlight of ABB Voodoo?
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
January 3rd, 2006 06:44 PM
sirfito I don't know if Rough Justice it's THE highlight (maybe it is) from ABB, but I like it very very very much!
Such a song, really. A great r&r for me!
Fito
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)