ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

With Liv Tyler @ The VH1 Fasion Awards after party
© 2000 Kevin Mazur from Rolling Stone Magazine
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The New England Patriots Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 27th, 2005 05:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Thank you for your support.
December 27th, 2005 05:49 PM
Some Guy Who might they play in the playoffs?
Micheal Vick was on the local news here recently passing out toys to kids, he had 2 interceptions.
December 27th, 2005 05:57 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Who might they play in the playoffs?

I just kind of hope that the Bears and Pats meet in the Superbowl again.
December 27th, 2005 07:42 PM
PolkSalad
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I just kind of hope that the Bears and Pats meet in the Superbowl again.

revenge?
December 27th, 2005 08:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:
revenge?

Yes. But not so much against the Bears as Berry. He should never have fucked Flutie. That will haunt him forever, there is no forgiveness.
December 27th, 2005 09:21 PM
jb Let's respect Tony Dungy's tragic loss of his son due to alleged suicide. It hurts me to think people are in such pain that they would give up all hope. I know some have called me a "poser", but those who know me, know the real me. I was so upset about this that I spoke to both my kids about never being afraid to tell us anything even if they were completely at fault..I promised I would never punish them and would only be there to love them , no matter what. Today, I donated(I know, I shouldn't announce my good deeds, but I do have a large ego) 1k dollars to a local program aimed at helping teens in trouble. If anyone you know is hurting, please don't wait...it may be too late...WE must get involved even if we are being pushy..... Bless all of you who are a little "blue" this time of year....my thoughts go out to you.
[Edited by jb]
December 28th, 2005 08:04 AM
chevysales
quote:
Thank you for your support.

i will suppport... my dolphins beating some patsie ass new years day from section 133 row 2 40 yard line behind dolphins bench. and watch our league leading sack record (48) go up some more as no one has more sacks on brady then our own jason taylor.

and watch ricky and ronnie show your D front for what it is... great numbers against poor teams.

we wish to make you play the steelers in playoffs not the jags.

December 28th, 2005 08:15 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:
Let's respect Tony Dungy's tragic loss of his son due to alleged suicide. It hurts me to think people are in such pain that they would give up all hope. I know some have called me a "poser", but those who know me, know the real me. I was so upset about this that I spoke to both my kids about never being afraid to tell us anything even if they were completely at fault..I promised I would never punish them and would only be there to love them , no matter what. Today, I donated(I know, I shouldn't announce my good deeds, but I do have a large ego) 1k dollars to a local program aimed at helping teens in trouble. If anyone you know is hurting, please don't wait...it may be too late...WE must get involved even if we are being pushy..... Bless all of you who are a little "blue" this time of year....my thoughts go out to you.
[Edited by jb]

jb...truly your best post I have ever read....Thank you
December 28th, 2005 08:17 AM
Nellcote Chevy!
Missed you in Hartford.
Sorry, but you need to realize
Saban is a Coach B disciple, from his Browns days.
Off field, best of friends, on field it's a war
Ask John Gruden about coming to "The Blade"
He is still haunted by The Snow Bowl.
Nothing escapes Coach B.
Especially now, as Seymour & Colvin are on fire.
There is no better front seven in the NFL at this time.
'Phins are improving, however, not in our house.

December 28th, 2005 10:42 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ask John Gruden about coming to "The Blade"
He is still haunted by The Snow Bowl.

haunted by one of the worst calls in NFL history

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 28th, 2005 11:15 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

haunted by one of the worst calls in NFL history

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed..a horrible call....the Pats never deserved that ..they, imo, have won only 2 SB's..the other was a gift.
[Edited by jb]
December 28th, 2005 11:34 PM
PolkSalad
quote:

Yes. But not so much against the Bears as Berry. He should never have fucked Flutie. That will haunt him forever, there is no forgiveness.

Chuck
December 29th, 2005 11:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
Agreed..a horrible call....the Pats never deserved that ..they, imo, have won only 2 SB's..the other was a gift.

A win is a win. Lots of games are won or lost on bad calls.
December 29th, 2005 11:52 AM
jb
quote:

A win is a win. Lots of games are won or lost on bad calls.

True,,but that was, arguably the worst ever...but Oakland also got one many years ago on the fumble play against San Diego that caused a rule change about forward progress on a fumble....
December 29th, 2005 11:58 AM
Nellcote Oy Vey, enough of this bad call talk.
Any lawyer is well aware rules are made to be enforced.
In addition, after that play, don't tell me the Raiders could not have still won that game, if they were that much better.
All John Gruden did, as he is very capable of, was get flustered, call bad plays, loose the game.
They did not muster the effort, the rest is history.
Jizz, with the storied history of The Pats vs. The Raiders, it was only a matter of time that a law of average item would occur which would favor the Pats, it was destiny.
See Daryl Stingley.
The Patriots are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL
No respect.
Which is fine.
Pats were not supposed to have a chance against the Rams,
"The Greatest Show On Turf" I recall they were labeled as.
When I checked into our Super Bowl hotel in Nawlins in '02,
I found it was the Official Hotel of The Rams & their families.
At the front desk, we were heckled with our Pats garb.
A sign said "Prayer service Sunday at 10A before the game"
I turned to those Rams fans, and said, "even prayer will not help you vs. the Pats".
We returned from the game that Sunday night, to find a lobby of weeping, sobbing Rams fans.
Now, all you hear about are the Colts, Peyton Manning.
Which is fine.
Keep us underdogs, it's how we like it.
December 29th, 2005 12:06 PM
jb The Stones tounge is a cord word used by young people for orsl sex....they have no idea that it represets the band.
December 29th, 2005 12:08 PM
Nellcote The fisher cat is native to Southern New Hampshire.
It is part wolverine, part mink.
It is the only natural predator to the porcupine.
It has a high pitched scream when attacking
It is a voracious killer.
December 29th, 2005 12:10 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The fisher cat is native to Southern New Hampshire.
It is part wolverine, part mink.
It is the only natural predator to the porcupine.
It has a high pitched scream when attacking
It is a voracious killer.

YOu shall be greeted 1/15/.....is the Planetarium open saturday night? And is Museum on Sunday?
December 29th, 2005 12:15 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:
Let's respect Tony Dungy's tragic loss of his son due to alleged suicide. It hurts me to think people are in such pain that they would give up all hope. I know some have called me a "poser", but those who know me, know the real me. I was so upset about this that I spoke to both my kids about never being afraid to tell us anything even if they were completely at fault..I promised I would never punish them and would only be there to love them , no matter what. Today, I donated(I know, I shouldn't announce my good deeds, but I do have a large ego) 1k dollars to a local program aimed at helping teens in trouble. If anyone you know is hurting, please don't wait...it may be too late...WE must get involved even if we are being pushy..... Bless all of you who are a little "blue" this time of year....my thoughts go out to you.
[Edited by jb]

POSER
December 29th, 2005 12:15 PM
Nellcote Great Star Wars exhibit runs thru February...
www.mos.org

I read the Pour House, however, it is further from the arena than Fenway was. There are several locations near the arena which are fine, for both libation and food.
I am starting to hunt, however, I'm not available to
arrange a gathering as a certain sport event may occupy
my day. I am on the floor for the show as of 705A this morning....and will arrange a meeting session with those who have been pre-screened..
December 29th, 2005 12:17 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

POSER

YOur pugs shall not be greeted...............
December 29th, 2005 12:19 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Great Star Wars exhibit runs thru February...
www.mos.org

I read the Pour House, however, it is further from the arena than Fenway was. There are several locations near the arena which are fine, for both libation and food.
I am starting to hunt, however, I'm not available to
arrange a gathering as a certain sport event may occupy
my day. I am on the floor for the show as of 705A this morning....and will arrange a meeting session with those who have been pre-screened..

I can't make the Pour House either..I am being driven to arena arounf 7....meet you somewhere there for a drink...
December 30th, 2005 03:02 PM
Nellcote The Snow Plow is awaiting all you 'Phins Fans Sunday!
JB, so you will know, last game Danny Boy played in NE
he was beaten so badly, he left in an equipment truck.
True Humiliation!
December 30th, 2005 06:53 PM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The Snow Plow is awaiting all you 'Phins Fans Sunday!
JB, so you will know, last game Danny Boy played in NE
he was beaten so badly, he left in an equipment truck.
True Humiliation!

last time danny played at foxboro (1999) he took himself out after 3 plays (and yes 1 pick) cervical nerve root damage from the pummeling he took previous week beating colts single handedly. his oline sucked last few years.

he was out 6 or 7 games after that.

he never had the luxury of a 1000 yard rusher or 1000 yard receiver together in same season. no better pocket qb ever than marino. shame he never had a full team surrounding him... while 84 was a season to remember he had no defense.

hey brady never looks to good against miami from his 18.1 qb rating in his first game taking over for bledsoe to his monday nite meltdown 3 picks last year losing to us in miami.

[Edited by chevysales]
December 30th, 2005 08:38 PM
glencar I'm watching "Where The Buffalo Roam" on tape right now. 1972 Superbowl. I can't wait to see who won!
December 31st, 2005 12:32 AM
jb
quote:
chevysales wrote:

last time danny played at foxboro (1999) he took himself out after 3 plays (and yes 1 pick) cervical nerve root damage from the pummeling he took previous week beating colts single handedly. his oline sucked last few years.

he was out 6 or 7 games after that.

he never had the luxury of a 1000 yard rusher or 1000 yard receiver together in same season. no better pocket qb ever than marino. shame he never had a full team surrounding him... while 84 was a season to remember he had no defense.

hey brady never looks to good against miami from his 18.1 qb rating in his first game taking over for bledsoe to his monday nite meltdown 3 picks last year losing to us in miami.

[Edited by chevysales]

Exactrly correct...Colt victory dstroyed his career...and fuck face Jimmy Johnson put the death knell in it by neglecting offense. Marin makes all QB;s, with exception of Manning and Farve, look like school boys....they never could throw a ball in double coveraghe and still complte a 40 yard slant..the guy was hands down the best QB oif our times,,none of his reciords would be broken but for Mannings bullshit 15 5 yd td;s last year (8 indoor gams) and Johnson destroying his last 4 yrs(farve wilkl break TD record next year). But the 5,084 is safe for a while...
December 31st, 2005 02:09 AM
Nellcote Watch the game early this week, 20th anniversary celebration of the AFC Champ Patriots this week.
Oh, you want more?

From Patriots.com...

"All we'd heard was ‘the jinx ... the jinx ... the jinx ...,' how we were oh-and-whatever and couldn't win in Miami," said Jones. "After the L.A. game, a few Raiders players, including Michael Haynes and Lester Hayes, said something to the effect of, ‘We just handed Miami a trip to the Super Bowl.'We went down there fed up with it all."

The Miami clash was the greatest moment in Patriots history to that point in time. An 18-game losing streak was laid to rest and an AFC championship won by a relentless ground attack with fresh-legged backs running behind a line led by Hall of Fame left guard John Hannah. The Patriots produced 255 yards, including 105 from James, 81 from Weathers and another 61 from Tony Collins. The defense was dominant as the Patriots forced six more turnovers, recovering four Miami fumbles and intercepting two Dan Marino passes.

The final score? Patriots 31, Dolphins 14.

"Squish the Fish," indeed.

"Even now, you see those shirts on eBay," Tippett said. "I had a guy come up to me recently who wanted me to sign one."

Tippett and Co. had made their mark, all right.

"As I recall, we went down there for three or four days to get acclimated," said Tippett. "We ran into some of the Dolphins when we were out and on game day you could see the same thing. You could see it in their eyes. They weren't ready and they didn't want to play the Patriots. We were like a dog sensing fear in the mailman."

A special delivery was forthcoming. Another triumphant return home to T.F. Green Airport awaited these conquering Patriots.

"Other years, we'd go down to Miami and get outplayed and outcoached," said Jones. "Not this time. I think in having played for and knowing [Dolphins head coach] Don Shula that Raymond had something going for him and he used that to our advantage.We were ready to play."

"We had a great game plan," said Nelson. "They couldn't stop our running game. We controlled the clock and tempo. Defensively, we matched up. I think Raymond Clayborn played the game of his life against [receivers] Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. The outcome was never in doubt."

In a dramatic case of role reversal, the Patriots were on the receiving end of a super-sized beating in Super Bowl XX as the Bears buried them. Despite that, there is no shortage of positive memories for members of a 1985 Patriots team that was the first in franchise history to go to the Super Bowl.

"Only one team can be the first, and we were it," said Nelson. "That will go with me to my grave."

"No one can ever take away the fact that we were the first," said Tippett. "Today's Patriots have made history in their way. We made history in ours."

Read more at...www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=14527&pcid=41
December 31st, 2005 10:14 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm watching "Where The Buffalo Roam" on tape right now. 1972 Superbowl. I can't wait to see who won!

glencar,

funny

nothing like good football to get the blood flowing... and the afc east is usually great for each team to beat on each other etc... always tough... this year though real poor... but as long as the stinkin' lousy filthy jets do loose i am happy

hey jb,

too bad favre will comeback next year... i guess records are made to be broken. hbo's inside the nfl has a great interview this week with marino at lambeau interviewing favre.
check it out a real good one even with a few photoshopped that dan shows him with pics of brett's head on other uniforms... just like sun-sentinal and miami herald had on dan with vikings and steelers in early march 2000. real funny stuff seeing those 2 qb's discussing and laughing about it. favre is to green bay similar to dan to miami but brett has the falcons also in his resume where as dan was 17 years in aqua and orange

[Edited by chevysales]
December 31st, 2005 10:19 AM
chevysales
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Watch the game early this week, 20th anniversary celebration of the AFC Champ Patriots this week.
Oh, you want more?

From Patriots.com...

"All we'd heard was ‘the jinx ... the jinx ... the jinx ...,' how we were oh-and-whatever and couldn't win in Miami," said Jones. "After the L.A. game, a few Raiders players, including Michael Haynes and Lester Hayes, said something to the effect of, ‘We just handed Miami a trip to the Super Bowl.'We went down there fed up with it all."

The Miami clash was the greatest moment in Patriots history to that point in time. An 18-game losing streak was laid to rest and an AFC championship won by a relentless ground attack with fresh-legged backs running behind a line led by Hall of Fame left guard John Hannah. The Patriots produced 255 yards, including 105 from James, 81 from Weathers and another 61 from Tony Collins. The defense was dominant as the Patriots forced six more turnovers, recovering four Miami fumbles and intercepting two Dan Marino passes.

The final score? Patriots 31, Dolphins 14.

"Squish the Fish," indeed.

"Even now, you see those shirts on eBay," Tippett said. "I had a guy come up to me recently who wanted me to sign one."

Tippett and Co. had made their mark, all right.

"As I recall, we went down there for three or four days to get acclimated," said Tippett. "We ran into some of the Dolphins when we were out and on game day you could see the same thing. You could see it in their eyes. They weren't ready and they didn't want to play the Patriots. We were like a dog sensing fear in the mailman."

A special delivery was forthcoming. Another triumphant return home to T.F. Green Airport awaited these conquering Patriots.

"Other years, we'd go down to Miami and get outplayed and outcoached," said Jones. "Not this time. I think in having played for and knowing [Dolphins head coach] Don Shula that Raymond had something going for him and he used that to our advantage.We were ready to play."

"We had a great game plan," said Nelson. "They couldn't stop our running game. We controlled the clock and tempo. Defensively, we matched up. I think Raymond Clayborn played the game of his life against [receivers] Mark Clayton and Mark Duper. The outcome was never in doubt."

In a dramatic case of role reversal, the Patriots were on the receiving end of a super-sized beating in Super Bowl XX as the Bears buried them. Despite that, there is no shortage of positive memories for members of a 1985 Patriots team that was the first in franchise history to go to the Super Bowl.

"Only one team can be the first, and we were it," said Nelson. "That will go with me to my grave."

"No one can ever take away the fact that we were the first," said Tippett. "Today's Patriots have made history in their way. We made history in ours."

Read more at...www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=14527&pcid=41

good stuff...except you hadn't won against us many years prior or after if memory serves me. (they say thats the first to go once one turns 50 so i qualify for that)

December 31st, 2005 10:33 AM
Nellcote Hey Chevy!
You are on to something.
Here's to a good game tomorrow.
Then, see you next year!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)