ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Years Eve plans Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 30th, 2004 09:55 AM
Some Guy What are you gonna do? Me, nothing too strenuous, a nice sushi dinner at home getting ready for a big year in oh five! Whatever your plans be very cautious on amateur night! God bless!
December 30th, 2004 10:01 AM
J.J.Flash Hi SG...you know you da man....as I said before...you're among my TOP 5 regulars here....

You know what....I'm planning on drinking countless cold beers......

Jah bless ya.....

December 30th, 2004 10:03 AM
J.J.Flash As I've figured a month ago.....I think I won't be able to reach the "2K edge" till tomorrow......

Pityful.....
December 30th, 2004 10:09 AM
egon drink & be merry with my friends.
and posssibly blow up the house with fireworks.
December 30th, 2004 10:13 AM
LadyJane Wait a minute...it's BEEN New Year's Eve for the last week. At least that's what egon told me..so I've just been constantly celebrating. Is that so wrong???

LJ.
December 30th, 2004 10:14 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Wait a minute...it's BEEN New Year's Eve for the last week. At least that's what egon told me..so I've just been constantly celebrating. Is that so wrong???

LJ.

Same here Paula!
December 30th, 2004 10:17 AM
Gazza I was contemplating spamming the bejesus out of the board in an attempt to reach 5,000 posts on the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve, but I doubt Mrs Gazza would be too enamoured with that so we're goin' out for an Indian instead.

I therefore anticipate an outbreak of the "arse wasps" by Saturday morning, with the toilet roll resembling a Japanese flag for the next few days
[Edited by Gazza]
December 30th, 2004 10:20 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I was contemplating spamming the bejesus out of the board in an attempt to reach 5,000 posts on the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve, but I doubt Mrs Gazza would be too enamoured with that so we're goin' out for an Indian instead.

I therefore anticipate an outbreak of the "arse wasps" by Saturday morning, with the toilet roll resembling a Japanese flag for the next few days
[Edited by Gazza]

I love when you Irish/British say "arse"....

Could repeat that word in a hundred posts in order to reach 2k till tomorrow....
FotiniD I'm staying home too.
But I tell you, if I was in charge of the fireworks the city will send up in the air, I'd fire them all away

Good riddance 2004!

By the way, do you have the... "podariko" custom anywhere else in the world or is it just a greek thing? Well, according to this, the first person to enter your house after 00.00 o' clock on New Year's Eve will be the judge of how lucky the next year will be. E.g. if that person is lucky and good-spirited, the year will be fab, if the person is a heartless self-centered pig, you can't expect a good year coming

"Podariko" comes from the word "podi" which means "foot". Sort of like, the foot that crosses the entrance.

However, sometimes the person doing the podariko can be good, and the year can end up a horrific mess In 2004 me and a very good friend had our podariko done by the same mutual friend, and unfortunately the year has been lousy for both of us, though the guy's good and generally lucky. So we're keeping him well away from both our houses tomorrow night, haha
J.J.Flash Arse
egon It is weird to skip between the earthquake thread & this one. So much sadness and yet the 31st is arriving.

I therefore have decided to just enjoy the last few days of this year..............,

but on the 3rd I SHALL be making a donation!

December 30th, 2004 10:21 AM
J.J.Flash Arse....

LOL

Don't worry, I won't flood this board....
BTW....where's smelly arse.... I mean....my captain?!?!
December 30th, 2004 10:25 AM
Gazza >"Podariko" comes from the word "podi" which means "foot". Sort of like, the foot that crosses the entrance.

the expression we use is "first foot".

Much better than "first arse", I suppose!
December 30th, 2004 10:29 AM
J.J.Flash Could you say that again Gary??!?! LOL

Would be great if instead of only reading you saying that, I could listen to you saying that....

"What an arse Ronnie, she's so british"
December 30th, 2004 10:30 AM
J.J.Flash Don't judge really hard....don't tell me I'm becoming a stupid man....

Not so far from 2k though.....
December 30th, 2004 10:31 AM
egon JJ,

on the 31st,
at what time do YOU intend to make a fool of yourself and then pass out in the middle of the room?

Me, i'm thinking 04.43 am should be good (give or take a few minutes)
December 30th, 2004 10:42 AM
nankerphelge gelukkig nieuw jaar
December 30th, 2004 11:02 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Mrs Gazza would be too enamoured with that so we're goin' out for an Indian instead.

[Edited by Gazza]

So you and the wife are going out "for an Indian" Gazza? Is this some sort of Belfast tradition? Where does one find an Indian in Belfast that would be a willing partner in your twisted New Years Eve plans? I'm getting a visual and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Is this Indian dotted or dotless? If this Indian starts the night with a dot will she be dotless by morning? Don't the dots represent viginity? I am speechless that you and the wife are planning to deflower/dedot an Indian on New Years Eve,but hey you know,whatever floats your boat.

Riffhard
December 30th, 2004 12:17 PM
Madafaka Drinks and P A R T Y !
December 30th, 2004 12:23 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

So you and the wife are going out "for an Indian" Gazza? Is this some sort of Belfast tradition? Where does one find an Indian in Belfast that would be a willing partner in your twisted New Years Eve plans? I'm getting a visual and I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Is this Indian dotted or dotless? If this Indian starts the night with a dot will she be dotless by morning? Don't the dots represent viginity? I am speechless that you and the wife are planning to deflower/dedot an Indian on New Years Eve,but hey you know,whatever floats your boat.

Riffhard

Too funny. I was going to ask if the Indian is aware of their plans?

For New Year's, we go skating with friends then back to our place for good food, drink and music.

Happy New Year!
December 30th, 2004 01:36 PM
jb Bang some hot asian in the ass.
December 30th, 2004 02:18 PM
moonlightmile
quote:
I was contemplating spamming the bejesus out of the board in an attempt to reach 5,000 posts on the stroke of midnight on New Years Eve, but I doubt Mrs Gazza would be too enamoured with that so we're goin' out for an Indian instead.

Try keeping the toilet roll in the freezer, always a winner after a mutton vindaloo

[Edited by moonlightmile]
December 30th, 2004 03:33 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffhard

Yes, its a bizarre sexual practice closely similar to the plans JB has...

You're not the first Yank I've known to 'misinterpret' the 'going for an Indian' or 'going for a Chinese'.

I also like to spend some time 'eating an Italian' in case anyone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse ....
December 30th, 2004 10:11 PM
glencar I'll be working until 11PM or so & then celebrate afterwards until the small hours of the morning. The years seem to fly by these days.
December 30th, 2004 10:59 PM
Soldatti Party at the morning, party at the night, party afternight...
December 31st, 2004 01:10 PM
Nasty Habits I am getting paid actual money to play rock and roll records for people to dance around like oafs to whilst I drink bourbon and smoke too many cigarettes.

Viva 2005!

[Edited by Nasty Habits]
December 31st, 2004 04:03 PM
Some Guy Making Sushi to go plans now! Laying low at the house, may watch a little 4 flicks to begin with! Bye- Bye 2004.
December 31st, 2004 04:04 PM
Poplar
Gonna wait till the midnight hour...
December 31st, 2004 04:07 PM
Poplar
Hey Some Guy... Please sit Vick this weekend so the Panthers can get another shot at ya. Consider it a New Year's present to the city of Charlotte.
December 31st, 2004 04:12 PM
Some Guy Going on 10 months sober now. I went by to see my friend yesterday. I haven't seen him in a while (the temptation thing). He was smoking buds (sweet smell), drinking Crown Royal, and lining it up all down the mirror! I am still sober, very proud of myself! I was able to see my old friend yet decline the old ways! I am ready for 2005! This will be my first sober new years since... I can't recall. God Bless.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood