ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: what did you get for Christmas? Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 27th, 2004 11:22 AM
sobeh87 usually I'm not so big into the present thing, but I did get a cool Ticket Album (http://www.ticketalbums.com)- i've never seen these before, but I certainly needed something to organize my ticket collection!

what was your favorite present (given or received)?
December 27th, 2004 11:36 AM
egon I got a firm handshake.
December 27th, 2004 11:56 AM
Jair A Egon Banana
December 27th, 2004 12:42 PM
TomL Stones money, stones sweat shirt, stones pin.
December 27th, 2004 01:15 PM
Martha I got a clean bill of health after a year of waiting and a few medical test go-rounds! YIPPEE!

:-)
December 27th, 2004 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
Martha wrote:
I got a clean bill of health after a year of waiting and a few medical test go-rounds! YIPPEE!

Great news!!!
December 27th, 2004 01:25 PM
stewed & Keefed
quote:
Martha wrote:
I got a clean bill of health after a year of waiting and a few medical test go-rounds! YIPPEE!

That make's me happy
December 27th, 2004 01:25 PM
jb http://classictv.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sitcomsonline.com%2Fchicoandtheman.html
December 27th, 2004 01:57 PM
KeithRichardsgrl I got 3 rolling stones cd's a david bowie shirt a roling stones shirt and a jim morrison shirt. I also got a stones dvd and some other stuff lol
December 27th, 2004 01:58 PM
jb see my Saks post ...
December 27th, 2004 02:27 PM
gypsy
quote:
KeithRichardsgrl wrote:
I got 3 rolling stones cd's a david bowie shirt a roling stones shirt and a jim morrison shirt. I also got a stones dvd and some other stuff lol

weak
December 27th, 2004 02:28 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

weak

Gypsy you have a PM....
December 27th, 2004 02:29 PM
Factory Girl Martha, that is Great News!!!
December 27th, 2004 02:31 PM
jb
quote:
gypsy wrote:

weak

Funny!!!!
December 27th, 2004 10:48 PM
Soldatti Money for my next vacations
December 27th, 2004 11:00 PM
Madafaka Stones gifts: two rare editions of Flowers and Sticky Fingers (both Belgians) and a book called Old Gods Almost Dead: The 40-Year Odyssey of the Rolling Stones.
December 28th, 2004 01:36 AM
gorda I'm lucky, my brothers give me presents throughout the year. Whenever, they see something Stones related, they get it for me, because they know I'm such a fan!

But, for Christmas, I got a bottle of perfume called Nautica, a religious CD of a local Christian band, a boina (it's like a knitted cap) and matching scarf, plus a hot pink poncho.
December 28th, 2004 04:42 AM
FotiniD Martha, that's the best gift around. Great news, I'm happy for you

I got this:

18 inches tall, and he speaks babies
December 28th, 2004 07:51 AM
gypsymofo60 MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got - the knarliest wave dude! Awesome!!!!!!!! It like swept up and just cleaned house dude!
December 28th, 2004 09:40 AM
F505 I got this:

maybe I can send it to Ronnie Wood
December 28th, 2004 09:52 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Martha wrote:

excellent!
December 28th, 2004 10:44 AM
jb Went back to Saks yesterday..40% off already reduced items..bought another pair of D&G jeans($385) as well as Armani cashmere hooded sweater($600) and a pair of Prada sneakers($385).
December 28th, 2004 10:46 AM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Went back to Saks yesterday..40% off already reduced items..bought another pair of D&G jeans($385) as well as Armani cashmere hooded sweater($600) and a pair of Prada sneakers($385).

JB I am glad your are on speaking terms with Jumacfly again
December 28th, 2004 10:52 AM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

JB I am glad your are on speaking terms with Jumacfly again

I always got along with him...we disagreed on politics, but then he posted that he "didn't miss me"..this was very painful and hurtful to me on a personal level. I will not instigate or antagonize him anymore, but I don't think we will ever achieve any type of meaningful friendship like I have with many here....nonetheless, I wish him a happy and healthy new year and as a jew, I have learned that ultimately, we all must do our best to provide a lasting legacy of financial security to our families.
December 28th, 2004 10:59 AM
Martha Thank you so much for the well wishes everyone. I feel so relieved about this.....it was a long haul. Life is good!

I also got 2 absolutely wonderful photos of Mick and Bob Dylan on stage in Buenos Aires, Argentina, April 1998. from Parmeda. :-)

I want to officially nominate her as Queen of Rocks Off!

And Nellcote outdid himself surprising me with a package of fantastic musical goodies! I'm still blown out by that package darlin'! You must be our King!

I've been spoiled rotten my Rocks Off family. :-)

An incomplete list of some the spoilers (I'm sure to forget someone):
mac-daddy How do I thank you for all the music you've offered??? WOW!
MRD8 How do I thank you for the gifts you've sent me??? I'll think of something!
Ladyjane (My Stonesian sister who I'll see again and soon!)
Sir Stonesalot (My Knight in shining armor!) I LOVE coffee too! :-)
Gypsy (My Stonesian sister)
Parmeda (My Stonesian sister and Queen of RO!) Your candles RULE my world!
Gazza (without you I'd never made it to RO, I'm forever in your debt...:-))
Lazy Bones (My Stonesian Brother) ;-)
Kahoosier (My Stonesian Brother)
Nasty Habits (My Stonesian Brother)
Nellcote (My Stonesian Brother)
Nankerphlege (Petty show *gem* of the year)
Voodoo that you Do so well! ;-)
TMR (my Main Man!)
JJ Flash ( Love your energy and vitality!
Jaxx (My Stonesian sister)
Marko (the crazy you know what!)
phog (I'm still waiting on our ballpark shows)
Paul C.(My Stonesian Brother)
Larry Dallas (My Stonesian Brother)
Hazy (Hey, a female taper lurks amongest us!)
FG! (My Stonesian/music lovin' sister)
Lil' Brian (my Dylan connection)
Joey (My Stonesian sister!)
jb (hopefull if need be my lawyer in 2005)
Johhny Mellecamp ( my ex-husband, yes we are still friends)
And all the people I send music to and trade with.

Now, who did I forget to mention??????

It's because of this message board and all the wonderful kind people who post here and share their music so freely that I have more music and musical knowledge rollin' around in my head than I could have ever dreamed possible. I am truly amazed and humbled by the generosity and love that has come from so many of you...too numerous to name you all. I am truly amazed at the gifts, growth and awareness that comes from our love of music. Indeed.

Blessings go out to you all.

Love,
Maaaaaaaartha!

LONG LIVE THE ROLLING STONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 28th, 2004 11:03 AM
jb You are too good for this board Martha..we don't deserve a sane, rationale, kind, loving, considerate person like you....most of us here are lifes bottom dwellers taking joy in the misery of others....thanks for raising the level as you are a real saint.
December 28th, 2004 11:07 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
Went back to Saks yesterday..40% off already reduced items..bought another pair of D&G jeans($385) as well as Armani cashmere hooded sweater($600) and a pair of Prada sneakers($385).

Howe... could any of those items truly be worth so much money jb? You live in a world that I've never lived in and prolly never will. I am a Have Not. It is hard to wrap my mind around the reality that so many people have that kind of money to spend on jeans and sweaters, while so many others are struggling just to pay for the basics.

It's something I do not agree with fundamentally. I'm not a capitalist.
December 28th, 2004 11:14 AM
jb Like I said, you are too good for this board....if you come to Boca, I shall buy you a new pair of Birkenstocks(sic?).
December 28th, 2004 11:17 AM
Martha
quote:
jb wrote:
You are too good for this board Martha..we don't deserve a sane, rationale, kind, loving, considerate person like you....most of us here are lifes bottom dwellers taking joy in the misery of others....thanks for raising the level as you are a real saint.

jb, You are adorable darlin'. Thank you for the sweet words. I'm no saint, I'm just a person who cares about the condition of the planet and ALL the inhabitants of the planet (all life). I don't want to waste the time I've been granted in this life arguing and fighting with people even though this is what I was taught to do growing up in my family, for the most part.

I've been working on learning how not to go there....although the temptations abound. I truly do not want to judge, gossip, argue, fight, manipulate, control or play one-upmanship games with people anymore. I do not want to be disrespectful to anyone, myself included. These are some of the spiritual challenges I work on in my daily life. I take more steps backwards than forwards. Yet, this work is helping me to grow in my maturity and I finally want that to happen. But, I'm certainly no saint. I just wish for peace and believe that love is the answer.

Peace be with you.

love,
Martha
December 28th, 2004 11:32 AM
LadyJane Martha you ARE a breath of fresh air.

It's an honor to know you!

Thank you for all of the generous gifts you have given to me this year...and Thank you for being my friend.

LJ.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood