ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: John Lennon - Rock 'N' Roll remastered Return to archive
December 27th, 2004 12:19 AM
Steel Wheels What a brilliant sounding album. It's the best vocals of his solo career up to that point. He's bringing nothing but his "A" Game. His covers of Chuck Berry tunes are spot on - filled with both a love for the original tracks and his obsession for finding the groove.

I love it.

December 27th, 2004 10:51 PM
Soldatti I love this album, but I'm not buying the new version.
December 28th, 2004 01:51 AM
scratched Bullshit album.
December 28th, 2004 01:54 AM
glencar She's got enough of my money.
December 28th, 2004 09:44 AM
jb Fuck John lennon and the Beatles...they are an overrated pop group that has been given way too much credit for their so-called musical contributions....No Beatles fan should ever ptonesost on this site and to try diminish the greatness of the Stones....the Beatles are dead and we (the Stones) survived unlike those pussies!!!
December 28th, 2004 09:58 AM
Gazza ptonesost?
December 28th, 2004 10:08 AM
Back Street Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
Fuck John lennon and the Beatles...they are an overrated pop group that has been given way too much credit for their so-called musical contributions....No Beatles fan should ever ptonesost on this site and to try diminish the greatness of the Stones....the Beatles are dead and we (the Stones) survived unlike those pussies!!!

December 28th, 2004 10:09 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
ptonesost?

post.....I was angry and mispelled it......nothing enrages me more than Beatles talk on a Stones site....or Beatle lurkers
December 28th, 2004 10:11 AM
Back Street Girl
quote:
jb wrote:
post.....I was angry and mispelled it......nothing enrages me more than Beatles talk on a Stones site....or Beatle lurkers

[Edited by Back Street Girl]
December 28th, 2004 10:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

LOL. Enjoyed the "private joke".
December 28th, 2004 10:51 AM
Nellcote Whoa, JB! Lighten up, it's only music, for heaven's sake.
As someone once said "All you need is love"...
December 28th, 2004 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Whoa, JB! Lighten up, it's only music, for heaven's sake.
As someone once said "All you need is love"...

Dolphins won as I predicted...Heat won as as I predicted!!! I am usually correct and I have not achieved the success I have accumulated by be wrong too often. Nick Saban shall return the winningest franchise since the 70's to it's former glory!!! Meine Liebe abs shae monkey!!!
December 28th, 2004 11:01 AM
Nellcote You are forgetting that you wrongly predicted the Red Sox would not win this year, or is this selective amnesia?
Forget Saban, he took so long to make up his mind that he will waffle as a coach. The Cellar Dweller 'Phins will not see the light, get used to it. Brady looked pretty awful vs. the Jets did'nt he?
December 28th, 2004 11:12 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
You are forgetting that you wrongly predicted the Red Sox would not win this year, or is this selective amnesia?
Forget Saban, he took so long to make up his mind that he will waffle as a coach. The Cellar Dweller 'Phins will not see the light, get used to it. Brady looked pretty awful vs. the Jets did'nt he?

Give saban 2 years and we shall be back...the Pats became great as a result of years of being terrible...they were able to use the draft to accumulate good players unlike the phins....Brady is a good quarterback..not in the same class as a Manning, Elway, Marino, but more like Trent Dilford who won a superbowl by being surrounded by a great team...Brady has a yr or 2 left at most and then he will be another Kurt Warner..but at least he got 2 rings...As far as the Sox, they lucked out b/c the Yanks had no pitching...they are now a meaningless franchise who have no folklore anymore....Pedro abandoned them immediately as Schilling is a major ass-hole.......
December 28th, 2004 11:20 AM
Nellcote JB, the one thing I took from that last post is that your bravado exceeds your ability to understand cogent facts. You are so off base on all of your facts it is alarming.
You would do your mystique a favor by laying off the sports talk, as it is not your strong suit.
December 28th, 2004 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, the one thing I took from that last post is that your bravado exceeds your ability to understand cogent facts. You are so off base on all of your facts it is alarming.
You would do your mystique a favor by laying off the sports talk, as it is not your strong suit.

Nellcote, I lettered in 3 sports in highschool(football, basebaall, and tennis) and can still throw a football about 60 yrds on a rope....I am very knowledgeable on all aspects of sports....I was joking about the Diford comparison..he is more like Montanna with a stronger arm...I consider myself one of the most well informed people on earth and can talk about anything from sports to stem cell research...as you know, I am a Phi Beta Kappa, graduated 27th out of over 500 in my law class, and have earned the respect and admiration of my colleagues based on my "balls to wall" trial attitude....I listen to Hank Goldberg(WQAM) everyday coming home from work and know the inside stuff before many .....
December 28th, 2004 11:32 AM
Nellcote Ringo Starr looks like Yassar Arafat
December 28th, 2004 11:35 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ringo Starr looks like Yassar Arafat

Indeed....and Macca looks like Angela Lansbury of "Murder She Wrote" fame.
December 28th, 2004 11:46 AM
Nellcote Peyton Manning has never won a game in Foxboro
Lifetime, he is 2-8 vs. the Pats
From your position, wanting a QB to win the Super Bowl,
you would take Manning, who has yet to win any big game
vs. Brady who has one two Super Bowls? Brady has never lost a playoff game. What you see in the clutch is Manning not having it, where Brady is the best 2 minute QB in the game today. Manning has success in the dome, however, outside he falters. Manning has had receivers who could create separation, however, Brady has the more versatile offense, as well as two way players.
Brady's passes are for more yds than Manning, Brady is 2nd in the league.

I'm armed for bear on this, so bring me more. I've got stats for you on Pedro as well, so as W says, BRING IT ON!!
December 28th, 2004 11:52 AM
glencar 27th out of 500? Girlfriend, you ain't nothing but top 5%. Get me a real lawyer.
December 28th, 2004 08:35 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Ringo Starr looks like Yassar Arafat

I'm laughing my ass off...
December 31st, 2004 02:17 AM
gypsymofo60 Quote, "Mummy, you had me , but I never had you!" Well! sort of. For God's Sake! At least that want be on it. The Beatles were good, but sorry! Dear ol'John lost the plot completely post Beatles, except for 'Cold Turkey'& one or two other gems.
December 31st, 2004 08:40 AM
Back Street Girl The Beatles were shite.
December 31st, 2004 10:23 AM
jb Happy New Year MY Friends
God Bless You All
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood