ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: SOMETHING WONDERFUL Return to archive
December 26th, 2004 12:55 AM
gorda SOMETHING WONDERFUL HAPPENED TO ME!

I went to the liquor store to buy some cigarettes, and the young lady behind the counter asked me for my I.D. I thought she was joking, so I ignored her. But, she asked me again! And said, "I need to see your I.D. You don't look old enough to buy cigarettes! " And, then, when I showed her my I.D. She had me take it out of the plastic!

Ha!

And, when I left I said, "Sweetie! You just made my night!"

(In California, you cannot buy cigarettes if you are under 18.)

I LOOK 17! I LOOK 17! I LOOK 17!

I think I'll go listen to Little Queenie right now!

Ha! Ha!

P.S. Maybe, she was just being nice? I don't care! I LOOK 17!

P.S.S. I only smoke occassionally.
December 26th, 2004 05:39 AM
egon so you're 18...?
December 26th, 2004 05:44 AM
beer probably just wanted to compare her ID pic to the "Wanted" poster on the wall

-
December 26th, 2004 08:57 AM
J.J.Flash That's was great huh?!

Hey, we are anxious to see your picture gordita!
December 26th, 2004 09:07 AM
F505 You look 17 and you are 54? That's extraordinary. Congratulations I guess.
December 26th, 2004 11:22 AM
gypsy Obviously, the cashier had bad vision--she had to have you take your ID out of the plastic because she couldn't read it otherwise. Sorry to burst your little bubble.
Oh! And keep up the smoking, and you won't need to be ID'd at all pretty soon.
December 26th, 2004 02:47 PM
kath there's a head shop here in salem that cards me every time. the law says they HAVE to card you no matter how old you are (or how old you LOOK) if you are purchasing anything that could possibly be involved in the use of.....well, something other than "tobacco products"...

but you can buy papers at safeway and they don't card you.....

go figure..

but being carded was pretty neat the first time it happened there. i never got carded in my whole life until i went in there at the age of 50-something
December 26th, 2004 03:20 PM
Jair Did you know guys in Sudan is forbidden smoke?
The government forbad it, about one month ago or so, but much likely because the poverty, not because it is worried
abouth health's people.

I quit smoke in October 26, 2000 - with a Zyban little help and some very good advices from a cool doctor friend of mine.
Now, every year I sent him a fax or an e-mail thanking him.

My wife, name "Vania", though, still smokes, but not anymore close to me or inside our house. Very enough, huh? Actually the smoke doesnt bothers me, I just don't care anymore, but its cool - healthy for sure - keep distance from smokers.

Vania is so skinny this last year...geee, I don't have anymore where grab her! Sometimes I think she is a lung cancer or something, who knows...
December 26th, 2004 08:05 PM
iluvmickjagger07 so whats your actual age? i want to see your pic and we'll be the judge to how old you look.
December 26th, 2004 08:39 PM
UptownBedbug
quote:
gorda wrote:
SOMETHING WONDERFUL HAPPENED TO ME!

I went to the liquor store to buy some cigarettes, and the young lady behind the counter asked me for my I.D. I thought she was joking, so I ignored her. But, she asked me again! And said, "I need to see your I.D. You don't look old enough to buy cigarettes! " And, then, when I showed her my I.D. She had me take it out of the plastic!

Ha!

And, when I left I said, "Sweetie! You just made my night!"

(In California, you cannot buy cigarettes if you are under 18.)

I LOOK 17! I LOOK 17! I LOOK 17!

I think I'll go listen to Little Queenie right now!

Ha! Ha!

P.S. Maybe, she was just being nice? I don't care! I LOOK 17!

P.S.S. I only smoke occassionally.

WOW!!!!
December 26th, 2004 08:43 PM
Bloozehound and here I was thinking gorda only smoked fat weeniers

sheesh, go figure
December 27th, 2004 12:14 AM
gorda

I started smoking because in watching all the early footage from the Stones, they are all smoking and it looks sooooooooooo cool and sexy.

But, I only do it occassionally. One pack of cigarettes lasts me a whole month!
[Edited by gorda]
December 27th, 2004 12:19 AM
gorda
quote:
kath wrote:
there's a head shop here in salem that cards me every time. the law says they HAVE to card you no matter how old you are (or how old you LOOK) if you are purchasing anything that could possibly be involved in the use of.....well, something other than "tobacco products"...

but you can buy papers at safeway and they don't card you.....

go figure..

but being carded was pretty neat the first time it happened there. i never got carded in my whole life until i went in there at the age of 50-something

Hmmmmmmmm . . . You should come over here. Here there are all these stores that sell pipes and bongs and stuff like that.

(Of course, I never go in there, but I have seen them when I walk by.)

P.S. Actually, they sell lamp parts that can be used as pipes or bongs. Ha! Ha!
December 27th, 2004 12:20 AM
gypsy
quote:
gorda wrote:

I started smoking because in watching all the early footage from the Stones, they are all smoking and it looks sooooooooooo cool and sexy.

[Edited by gorda]

How long would a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes last you?
December 27th, 2004 12:20 AM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
so whats your actual age? i want to see your pic and we'll be the judge to how old you look.

I know rite.
December 27th, 2004 12:22 AM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
gorda wrote:

[Edited by gorda]

Keith look's sexy when he smokes but look at him now ........ he dosnt look so great.
December 27th, 2004 12:29 AM
gorda I will never post my picture on here because some psycho might fall in love with me and get all obsessed with me and stuff.

December 27th, 2004 12:31 AM
gorda
quote:
KeithRichardsgrl wrote:

Keith look's sexy when he smokes but look at him now ........ he dosnt look so great.

But, at this point, he's so rich and has loads of money, he doesn't give a !@#%^!!!

Besides, he has a beautiful woman that loves him for who he is inside, and not for his looks or money.
December 27th, 2004 12:33 AM
gorda
quote:
gypsy wrote:

How long would a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes last you?

What are Little Debbie Snacks. I don't think they sell those here in California. You have mentioned them before and seem to be an expert on the matter, why don't you enlighten me? What are they?
December 27th, 2004 12:43 AM
gypsy
quote:
gorda wrote:

What are Little Debbie Snacks. I don't think they sell those here in California. You have mentioned them before and seem to be an expert on the matter, why don't you enlighten me? What are they?

You haven't lived until you've had a Swiss Cake Roll. I can make meals out of Little Debbie Snack Cakes--breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
December 27th, 2004 04:23 AM
egon gyps,

can u get them without I.D.?
December 27th, 2004 06:21 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
gorda wrote:
I will never post my picture on here because some psycho might fall in love with me and get all obsessed with me and stuff.

Rubbish! You don't have guts enough to show your picture.
December 27th, 2004 01:21 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
gorda wrote:
I will never post my picture on here because some psycho might fall in love with me and get all obsessed with me and stuff.

lol. so you must be really pretty
December 27th, 2004 01:22 PM
jb http://www.geocities.com/tvshowthemelyrics/ChicoAndTheManSong.html
December 27th, 2004 01:25 PM
iluvmickjagger07 for some odd reason im suddenly in the mood for some little debbie snacks
December 27th, 2004 01:44 PM
KeithRichardsgrl
quote:
gorda wrote:

But, at this point, he's so rich and has loads of money, he doesn't give a !@#%^!!!

Besides, he has a beautiful woman that loves him for who he is inside, and not for his looks or money.

Yeah, whould you marry him now????
December 27th, 2004 02:17 PM
gypsy
quote:
egon wrote:
gyps,

can u get them without I.D.?

Yes! Isn't that cool?
December 28th, 2004 01:52 AM
gorda
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:
lol. so you must be really pretty

Like any woman, if I take the time, to put my contact lenses in, do my hair and make-up and if I dress provactively and show off my cleavage. Yes, I can look attractive.

But, usually, my hair is pulled back with a scrunchie, and I wear my glasses. Plus, I wear baggy, comfortable clothes. Then, I guess I look like a plain Jane.

Still, you never know.

P.S. Gypsy, I was just messing with you. We do have Little Debbie Snacks here too. They are not as popular as Hostass cupcakes and snacks, but they do sell them here.

I once had a lemon square thingie, and I swear it was just too dry! Not moist like a Hostass cupcake, now those are delicious. And, I don't keep them in the house, because I would probably down the whole box by myself!

December 28th, 2004 09:07 AM
egon
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Yes! Isn't that cool?

superduppermega cool.

and wack, ALWAYS wack!

[Edited by egon]
December 28th, 2004 12:08 PM
glencar Stupidest Thread of 2004. If it was next week already, this would win the 2005 award also.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood