ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: rod & woody dvd is out Return to archive
December 23rd, 2004 11:00 PM
moy

with woody playing in stay with me, maggie may and gasoline alley

a must
December 24th, 2004 04:26 PM
Martha I WANT!!!!!!!

Thanks moy! I hadn't seen this yet.
December 25th, 2004 10:03 PM
sammy davis jr. Actually, I enjoyed it- if only for the couple gems the band play- "Reason To Believe", "Gasoline Alley", etc....Woody seems much more in his element with Rod than the Stones. You can really feel the comraderie those two have. I like Ronnie much more with Rod than the Stones. I also like the fact Rod doesn't seem to take himself seriously at all on stage (unlike Mick).
December 27th, 2004 03:45 PM
jb I saw RS singing "What a wonderful life" to some grade school kids on T.V. this weekend and was never more embarrasses for someone that arguably once was a talented rocker...Rod=fucking loser!!!
December 27th, 2004 04:30 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
I saw RS singing "What a wonderful life" to some grade school kids on T.V. this weekend and was never more embarrasses for someone that arguably once was a talented rocker...Rod=fucking loser!!!

A talented rocker he was in the seventies. Afterwards he made shit you can hardly swallow.
December 28th, 2004 12:11 AM
parmeda Josh, this is for you, babe...
(Taken from his official website)

ROD STEWART TO PERFORM ON NEW YEAR'S EVE
Tune into Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve to see Rod Stewart perform "It's a Wonderful World". Check out the performance live on ABC on December 31st at 10:30 PM!

Not for anything...but have you ever seen Rod in concert, jb? Just curious...

'cause he ROCKS baby!

[Edited by parmeda]
December 28th, 2004 07:11 AM
Factory Girl Thanks moy.
December 28th, 2004 07:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Actually, I enjoyed it- if only for the couple gems the band play- "Reason To Believe", "Gasoline Alley", etc....Woody seems much more in his element with Rod than the Stones. You can really feel the comraderie those two have. I like Ronnie much more with Rod than the Stones. I also like the fact Rod doesn't seem to take himself seriously at all on stage (unlike Mick).

I agree. the faces box set reveals a great great band, and Ronnie 's playing is amazing.
to all Ronnie and Rod haters: check the final concert with keith in 1974.Priceless and unbelievable.
Mick did a good choice by asking Mac to join the Stones in 78!

cheers

JU
December 28th, 2004 12:47 PM
sammy davis jr. jb- "LOSER" Rod has shagged more top-shelf ladies than you could ever dream of...are you jealous or somethin'?
December 28th, 2004 10:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:

ROD STEWART TO PERFORM ON NEW YEAR'S EVE
Tune into Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve to see Rod Stewart perform "It's a Wonderful World". Check out the performance live on ABC on December 31st at 10:30 PM!

Not for anything...but have you ever seen Rod in concert, jb? Just curious...

'cause he ROCKS baby!

hey Parmeda, (and anyone else who still continue to fool themselves that Rod Stewart is cool)

I think you should of re-read the 1st sentance of your post before you said that Rod "ROCKS"

for the record, its an automatic rule that anyone that performs "Its A Wonderful Life" at a Dick Clark function DOES NOT - IN ANY WAY - ROCK

Sure, Rod was once the shit. But that was 30 years ago. And in the time since he has gone from an amazing rock-n-roll front man with soulful pipes and cocky swagger to the biggest ASS CLOWN in the entire recording industry

he's seriously lame beyond help. Hes so far removed from cool that I dont think he could "rock" if you put a gun to his head.

speaking of guns.... someone should of shot him by '77
December 28th, 2004 10:35 PM
glencar Wow. I'm not a big Rod Stewart fan but that he should (have) been shot in 1977? That's too much. Maybe he should have had his kneecaps busted or something. Personally I find Harvey Fierstein much more annoying.
December 28th, 2004 11:52 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
hey Parmeda, (and anyone else who still continue to fool themselves that Rod Stewart is cool)

I think you should of re-read the 1st sentance of your post before you said that Rod "ROCKS"

for the record, its an automatic rule that anyone that performs "Its A Wonderful Life" at a Dick Clark function DOES NOT - IN ANY WAY - ROCK

Sure, Rod was once the shit. But that was 30 years ago. And in the time since he has gone from an amazing rock-n-roll front man with soulful pipes and cocky swagger to the biggest ASS CLOWN in the entire recording industry

he's seriously lame beyond help. Hes so far removed from cool that I dont think he could "rock" if you put a gun to his head.

speaking of guns.... someone should of shot him by '77

Hey Saint...

#1...I'm not a fool.
#2...If you can't read between the lines of my humor that I have with jb, give it up.
#3...For shits & giggles, I'll ask you the same question I posed to jb. "Not for anything...but have you ever seen Rod in concert, Saint? Just curious..."
#4...I won't speak for anyone, only myself. And I'm proud to say that 'ole Rod made my hairs stand on end whilst belting out Maggie May & Reason To Believe. His "crooning" ability impressed the shit out of me. IMO, The dude "still has it"...so yeah, he ROCKS.
#5...Your comment, that Rod should have been shot in the late 70's...(I won't even go there)
#6...Will I purchase this DVD? You can bet yer sweet ass I will.
#7...Will I be watching Dick Clark's NYE Special this Friday evening? Hell no! I'm going to a party.

Happy New Year, Saint...stay healthy & happy
December 28th, 2004 11:55 PM
BILL PERKS PEOPLE GET READY=BECK AND STEWART IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER CREATED
December 29th, 2004 12:11 AM
Nellcote Picked this up for my wife @ Christmas. I do have to admit, after seeing Rod over a dozen times, there were parts where I was thinking "Vegas Act". There were some really bright moments. Rod's reawakening of Cat Stevens "First Cut is the Deepest" brought life back to that song. "You Wear It Well" came off good, as did "Reason to Believe" He absolutely gushes in the presence of one Ron Wood, the number with Chrissie Hynde was not as good. There is a duet with a Scottish chick who holds promise. All in all, A- performance.
If you like Rod, pick this up. If not, leave Rod alone, as this is one bloke whom has contributed far more to Rock than he deserves to get any smidgeon of crap for. His references to Sam Cooke & Long John Baldry within the show made me break out those discs all over again, to realize just how great Stewarty is as a singer of other's songs, probably without equal. Sure, his 70's stuff is better, however, he's still around isn't he. Besides, if you do not like him, put a lid on it, or show me your 30 yr. contribution to Rock, and I'll shut up.
December 29th, 2004 05:32 AM
F505
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
PEOPLE GET READY=BECK AND STEWART IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER CREATED

I guess you occupy place 1 till 10 on your IDIOT LIST
December 29th, 2004 05:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

LOL.. dutchies are in top shape nowadays!!
December 29th, 2004 08:13 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
F505 wrote:

OBSESS MUCH?
December 29th, 2004 08:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Picked this up for my wife @ Christmas. I do have to admit, after seeing Rod over a dozen times, there were parts where I was thinking "Vegas Act". There were some really bright moments. Rod's reawakening of Cat Stevens "First Cut is the Deepest" brought life back to that song. "You Wear It Well" came off good, as did "Reason to Believe" He absolutely gushes in the presence of one Ron Wood, the number with Chrissie Hynde was not as good. There is a duet with a Scottish chick who holds promise. All in all, A- performance.
If you like Rod, pick this up. If not, leave Rod alone, as this is one bloke whom has contributed far more to Rock than he deserves to get any smidgeon of crap for. His references to Sam Cooke & Long John Baldry within the show made me break out those discs all over again, to realize just how great Stewarty is as a singer of other's songs, probably without equal. Sure, his 70's stuff is better, however, he's still around isn't he. Besides, if you do not like him, put a lid on it, or show me your 30 yr. contribution to Rock, and I'll shut up.

the chick on mandolin and violin is good, ain't she? (J'ana Jacoby). I'd marry her tomorrow.

I saw him for the first and so far only time 2 years ago. I wasn't expecting much, but he blew my socks off. He was fantastic - a great performer.

This was before the "Great American Songbook" stuff though. Good songs without a doubt, although not really what I'd want to listen to when I go to see a Rod Stewart show. But he's earned himself some self-indulgence. He's back here in May. Despite the massive hike in ticket prices from 2002, they've had to sell 3 shows instead of the original one to satisfy the ticket demand. Pretty impressive, although I decided not to go.
December 29th, 2004 08:38 AM
Gazza
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
PEOPLE GET READY=BECK AND STEWART IS THE GREATEST SONG EVER CREATED

I wouldnt go that far but its not a kick in the arse off it. Truly majestic.
December 29th, 2004 02:54 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the chick on mandolin and violin is good, ain't she? (J'ana Jacoby). I'd marry her tomorrow.

Gazza, you have an e-mail
December 30th, 2004 11:37 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:
#3...For shits & giggles, I'll ask you the same question I posed to jb. "Not for anything...but have you ever seen Rod in concert, Saint? Just curious..."
#4...I won't speak for anyone, only myself. And I'm proud to say that 'ole Rod made my hairs stand on end whilst belting out Maggie May & Reason To Believe. His "crooning" ability impressed the shit out of me. IMO, The dude "still has it"...so yeah, he ROCKS.

I've seen Rod live. About 15 years ago. I'm a HUGE Faces fan. HIs show was painfully emabarasing to watch. He's an ass clown. He even managed to make the old songs I like sound like Vegas cheese.

and that was 15 years ago. I cant imagine that hes gotten better since. Especially now that he is incorporating "standards" from the Great American Song Book into his show.

Bottom line on Rod is hat hIs post Ron Wood/post '75 material is just horrendous. Its all cheesy pop crap. He is arguably the biggest sell out in the history of rock-n-roll. Certainly the biggest fall from grace in terms of putting out quality material. He's show biz fluff. Under no terms does he rock. Not even in the slightest way.

the Rod that rocked out with the Jeff Beck Group and The Faces is long, long gone. He no longer exists.

If you think Rod Stewart circa 2005 "rocks" - then I guess you can say the same for his musical contemporaries - who by the way are Elton John, Billy Joel, Celine Dion, Michael Bolton, Don Henley etc
December 31st, 2004 12:44 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
moy wrote:

just looking at this dvd cover confirms in every way that Rod Stewart does not rock

he's a Michael Bolton wanna be. Embarrassing.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood