ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Charlie Watts to be knighted Return to archive
December 23rd, 2004 06:22 PM
Back Street Girl Just read this on Shidoobee.
[Edited by Back Street Girl]
December 23rd, 2004 06:27 PM
F505 One more to go and they can look for the Holy Grail.
December 23rd, 2004 06:28 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
F505 wrote:
One more to go and they can look for the Holy Grail.

December 23rd, 2004 06:38 PM
Sue Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr tipped for knighthood:
[Hollywood News]: London, Dec 20 : Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr and Charlie Watts are being touted as the likely candidates to be knighted in Queen Elizabeth II's New Year's Honours list, according to British bookies.

According to Femalefirst, Wlliam Hill Bookmakers are taking bets on who will join the likes of Elton John, Mick Jagger and Paul McCartney among Britain's rock 'n' roll aristocracy next year.

Stewart leads the way with 4-6 odds, while former Beatle Starr is even money and recovering cancer fighter Watts is 2-1.

William Hill are also offering odds on George Michael (4-1) and BONO (8-1). (ANI)

December 23rd, 2004 07:04 PM
Gazza uh..it DOESNT say that Charlie is being knighted

http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=10156.topic

All it is is someone posting that they'd heard on a philly radio station that he's on a "list" of people to be knighted

Which is simply a rehash of the newspaper article in the "Rockers or Knights" posted by TTM here a couple of days ago where bookmakers were taking odds on which musician could be next to get an award.

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/206407-1.html

Seems like the radio station are (like so many radio stations of late) simply exaggaerating a non-story which is just speculative journalism and passing it off as fact.

The honours list isnt publicly announced until New Year's Eve.
[Edited by Gazza]
December 23rd, 2004 07:40 PM
Bloozehound What the hell is all this wham! bam! bam! about George Michael possibly getting one and why?

Ya gotta have faith, faith, faith, but is he really that big of a father figure preacher teacher over there, here, or anywhere?

Why can't he do it?

Why can't he set his monkey free, in a public lavatory!

[Edited by Bloozehound]
December 23rd, 2004 08:05 PM
kath ringo??? knighted???? eh??????
December 23rd, 2004 08:46 PM
Soldatti
quote:
kath wrote:
ringo??? knighted???? eh??????

He deserves it, the same with Charlie.
December 23rd, 2004 08:58 PM
LadyJane I think Charlie is the MOST deserving of all of the Stones, SIR Mick included!

LJ.
December 23rd, 2004 09:07 PM
kath well, of course, i do too LJ!!! much more than mick did...

but ringo??? naw.......shit, he should be flogged for "singing".......
[Edited by kath]
December 23rd, 2004 09:11 PM
Gazza Mick is actually the only one of these artists who got knighted for services to music

All of the rest have been honoured because of their charity work.

Generally, thats the criteria - not musical accomplishment
December 24th, 2004 06:12 AM
corgi37 Yeah, i didnt think Mick would get one for charity.

Doing heaps of models and having families around the world. Sure. Giving money away???

Um, no.

hahahha.

Well, thats the perception of him i guess. Bit like Rod Stewart. We Aussies have a saying for tightwads.

"Wouldnt shout if a shark bit him".

As in,here in Oz, a "shout" is a round of drinks.
December 24th, 2004 08:51 AM
nankerphelge George Michael?

He knows he only has to go down on one knee I hope!
December 24th, 2004 09:09 AM
F505 Rod Stewart, Ringo Starr, George Michael .....

It's an honour NOT to be knighted.
December 24th, 2004 10:23 AM
Joey

Charlie Watts DESERVES to be knighted !

.....so does Keef !

" If I were Keith I would accept Knighthood and laugh all the way to/during the ceremony Ronnie ! "

Sir Joey !
December 24th, 2004 07:43 PM
kath well, if charlie sees the other names on the list of nominees, he might find it easy to tell them to kiss off.....

why would george michael go down on one knee? seems like a waste of time if you ask me.....but it'd probably be great for the knee....

ah...stoned for the holidays........
December 26th, 2004 06:18 PM
Hannalee I reckon Bill's the most likely Stone to get a major honour because, as Gazza says, it's usually down to charity efforts, and Bill does more than the rest of them put together.
December 26th, 2004 08:46 PM
Sir Stonesalot >but ringo??? naw.......shit, he should be flogged for "singing"....... <

Guess who was the first Fab to have a #1 single after Beatles........

And what is wrong with his singing? He ain't no Pavoratti....but since when do you have to be a good singer in rock n roll?

And say what you want....he was a GREAT drummer.

Personally, I think knighting rock stars is stupid....but hey, she ain't my Queen.
December 26th, 2004 08:49 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Personally, I think knighting rock stars is stupid....but hey, she ain't my Queen.

I am your Queen.
December 26th, 2004 08:51 PM
parmeda touche` girl!
December 26th, 2004 09:07 PM
kath l'il queenie.

December 26th, 2004 10:45 PM
Gazza >Personally, I think knighting rock stars is stupid....but hey, she ain't my Queen.

Indeed. Actually, the Queen doesnt pick the 'candidates'. The government does.
December 27th, 2004 10:22 AM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Personally, I think knighting rock stars is stupid....but hey, she ain't my Queen.

Indeed. Actually, the Queen doesnt pick the 'candidates'. The government does.

Which probably accounts for something.
December 28th, 2004 01:59 AM
glencar I love Tony Blair.
December 29th, 2004 04:43 PM
Play-With-Fire I think Ringo Should be Knighted. I think Charlie Watts should be too. Rod Stewart is questionable, but hey he's a good one to do it too also I guess.
December 29th, 2004 08:46 PM
glencar If Ringo dies, can he be knighted posthumously?
December 31st, 2004 04:29 AM
Gazza The honours list was announced a few hours ago.

No Charlie (surprise surprise)

Roger Daltrey got a CBE however - again, presumably for his charity work.
December 31st, 2004 04:48 AM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The honours list was announced a few hours ago.

Roger Daltrey got a CBE however - again, presumably for his charity work.

'bout time.
December 31st, 2004 05:36 AM
thejuf IT IS A DISGRACE!!!!!!!

btw, who the f*ck is Roger Daltrey?
Bill Wyman has done an awful lot for charity, he gets nothing and the world's two most famous drummers neither???

I think Mr Watts will not be disappointed anyway. He said he was very pleased for Mick, but "I wouldn't accept anything from Tony Blair!"

the angry juf
December 31st, 2004 11:15 AM
jb Disgraceful...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood