ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles!!! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 20th, 2004 07:42 PM
kath austin's a great place to see anybody!!!!
December 20th, 2004 07:50 PM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
austin's a great place to see anybody!!!!

I love Austin! So many cool clubs. And the people are so nice...at least everyone I met was.
December 20th, 2004 09:20 PM
kath go to "esther's follies" on 6th street? GREAT PLACE!!!

or halloween on 6th street...they block off about 10 square blocks and have a HUGE halloween party!!!

i loved austin!!!
December 20th, 2004 09:30 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
kath wrote:
or halloween on 6th street...they block off about 10 square blocks and have a HUGE halloween party!!!

everydays Halloween in austin
[Edited by Bloozehound]
December 20th, 2004 11:01 PM
kath well, it USED to be bloozy..back in the olden days when i first moved there (and, of course, before that when my brother lived there in the early to mid 60's). i was there from 1969 until 1987. LOTS of good music, good food, great parties, life was good in austin back then....
December 21st, 2004 01:01 AM
Sir Stonesalot >Maybe I shan't say this, these things tend to make the cyber world a little nervous, but I do plan on becoming Dictator....<

Well, if that's so, you'll have a hard time convincing Handsome Dick Manitoba into letting you join. Perhaps they need more cowbell?

December 21st, 2004 05:57 AM
beer Don Henley invented the "Lombardi Slap".

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lombardi+slap
December 21st, 2004 12:55 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
The Dude: Jesus, man, could you change the channel?
Cab Driver: Fuck you man. If you don't like my fuckin' music get your own fuckin' cab!
The Dude: I had a rough--
Cab Driver: I pull over and kick your ass out!
The Dude: Come on, man. I had a rough night and I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!

nothing much else to say about it - the dude, sirmoonie, ss, nh et al. pretty much hit the nail on the head.

December 21st, 2004 05:02 PM
Joey

Maxlugar wrote:

" You didn't get much bigger then Chuck Mangione then!

Christ, why do I even have to say this?! "

Christ !

Another example of : Old Reference Lost on Hip Young Posters ...

.. Cue Pigeon Shit !

" The Joey consistently takes The MaxLugar to School these days and has become THE Definition of ' Cutting Edge ' amongst message board posters whilst Lugar wallows in his own nadir and yearns for a past long forgotten . " ( Jeffrey Borchert -- Senior Editor , Poster's Weekly )

Jacky ! ™

December 21st, 2004 05:08 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

" The Joey consistently takes The MaxLugar to School these days and has become THE Definition of ' Cutting Edge ' amongst message board posters whilst Lugar wallows in his own nadir and yearns for a past long forgotten . " ( Jeffrey Borchert -- Senior Editor , Poster's Weekly )

Jacky ! ™

"The Joey was and still is a major idiot who will never hold a candle to the legendary MaxLugar. Hell, he can't even get that homely chick who makes cappuccinos in Nebraska on 'ALL FOURS!' What a loser."

Copyright © gypsy, RO poster since 2001
December 21st, 2004 05:10 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

"The Joey was and still is a major idiot who will never hold a candle to the legendary MaxLugar. Hell, he can't even get that homely chick who makes cappuccinos in Nebraska on 'ALL FOURS!' What a loser."

Copyright © gypsy, RO poster since 2001

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/eo/20041221/en_tv_eo/15564
December 21st, 2004 05:14 PM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/eo/20041221/en_tv_eo/15564

I need to go confiscate their chiba so they can get their work done.
Wait.
No.
They're probably funnier when they're chiba-faced.

Victims of "the curse of Rick James?"
December 21st, 2004 05:21 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Victims of "the curse of Rick James?"

December 22nd, 2004 09:56 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
kath wrote:
well, it USED to be bloozy..back in the olden days when i first moved there (and, of course, before that when my brother lived there in the early to mid 60's). i was there from 1969 until 1987. LOTS of good music, good food, great parties, life was good in austin back then....

the new Austin catch phrase

http://www.keepaustinweird.com

December 23rd, 2004 12:14 AM
sirmoonie I don't think you can win it.

I don't think you can win the War on Eaglism in a formal sense. We'll never see Der Henley and the Uberpisschen Frey signing formal surrender papers aboard the Stones Blimp. It just won't happen. The Eagles people would rather destroy the ears of millions of other innocents with yet more senseless acts of audio-violence than surrender.

But as god is my goddam witness, what we will see is that, over time, the freedom loving people of the world will choose the Rolling Stones over the outdated doctines espoused by the Eagles. We've been seeing it for years now.....at Roseland, at Madison Square Garden, at United Center, at the Astoria, and many more......the Stones are on the march!

Freedom am won! Freedom am won!
December 23rd, 2004 08:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot So then what you are saying moonie is...."mission accomplished"?

That's not good.
December 28th, 2004 06:33 PM
Barney Fife "Don Henley Must Die!"
December 28th, 2004 10:19 PM
seclusion Uhmm.... I like Glenn Frey... What do you think Gram Parsons thought of them?
December 28th, 2004 10:22 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
seclusion wrote:
Uhmm.... I like Glenn Frey... What do you think Gram Parsons thought of them?

he was dead by the time they came on the scene...

and he is likely spinning in his grave anytime someone compares his work with the tripe produced by the eagles.
December 28th, 2004 10:36 PM
glencar No shit.
December 28th, 2004 10:42 PM
seclusion Hmmmm... I don't think I have one album of Gram's. I probably have heard a song by him but didn't know... what are the good ones? songs? albums?
December 29th, 2004 03:25 AM
beer I'm pretty sure Gram referred to them as "bubblegum". I read it in some book. Their paths crossed i think? didn't someone from The Buritos end up in the Eagles? Bernie Leadon maybe.

-

Found it:
"The Eagles and some others I would call bubblegum. It's got too much sugar in it. Life is tougher than they make it out to be". - Gram

-
December 29th, 2004 04:49 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
beer wrote:
I'm pretty sure Gram referred to them as "bubblegum". I read it in some book. Their paths crossed i think? didn't someone from The Buritos end up in the Eagles? Bernie Leadon maybe.

-

Found it:
"The Eagles and some others I would call bubblegum. It's got too much sugar in it. Life is tougher than they make it out to be". - Gram

-

well that about sums it up - better than i could have. right on the $$$, too (i figured their paths might have crossed, but not for long)...
Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood