ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1975 Allan Tannenbaum - Thanks Cucho!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Eagles!!! (nsc) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 19th, 2004 08:24 PM
Bloozehound I just wanted to drop a line of appreciation for one of the greatest bands of all time, The Eagles!!!

Whooo hoooo The Eagles!!! Whoo HOoo!

look moonie, look what it says ====> The Eagles

flyyy like an Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 19th, 2004 08:26 PM
Bloozehound I'm just kidding around, but in all seriousness why is it that this band is so dispised on this board?
December 19th, 2004 10:28 PM
stonedinaustralia i think it was can't catch me wrote a very good post as to why

in a nutshell most right thinking people know they are crap

for mine -as a callow youth - i sort of liked the album 'desperado' - and they at least had the taste to cover tom waits' "Ol '55" but by the time of "hotel california" they had clearly and correctly been recognized as typifying all that was wrong with "rock and roll" - they were pretenders making safe pleasant music - lost in a haze of hubris and cocaine - the epitome of the LA sound and advertisng agency ethos - that's why punk rock was invented

further, don healy strikes me as a prize fuckwit - viz. "boys of the summer" - what a lot of puerile, emotionally retarded crap that was

the thing is, you can almost blame gram parsons for the whole sorry mess - check out some of the flying burrito borthers stuff and you can see that's where they lifted a lot of the form for their music (without the substance) - a bit similiar to the fact that you can blame jimi hendrix for the nonsense that is heavy metal and bob dylan for the rise of the "sensitive singer/songwriter" type

basically - for me the eagles are schlock entertainment - they're not really country and they certainly aren't rock and roll - "life in the fast lane", give me a fucking break

i know you like them bloozy and that's your prerogative - but then some people like eating tripe too - there's just no accounting for taste

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
December 20th, 2004 01:43 AM
sirmoonie If I may, SIA, just a wee tiny bit of constructive criticism here. Somewhere in your analysis of the Eagles you should have embedded language along the lines of, e.g., "Because they suck fucking dick, you dumb ass motherfucker."

Otherwise, you were spot on as usual. Couldn't have said it better myself. Except for the aforementioned fact that the Eagles suck dick.
December 20th, 2004 02:20 AM
stonedinaustralia thanks for the tip sirm, crticism accepted in the spirit in which i'm sure it was given

and i tips me lid to you sir, you succinctly put in nine words what it took me four paragraphs to say
December 20th, 2004 06:40 AM
Bloozehound but why do some get so physically angry over The Eagles?
December 20th, 2004 07:41 AM
Gazza when I was a teenager and getting seriously into music, the Eagles were seen as the sort of band who people liked when they married, had a few kids and lost interest in rock music.

Where I'm from, this bland, middle of the road stuff passed off as either rock or country music (or both) has always been very popular - and its usually popular with the sort of passionless audience I've mentioned above.

I don't find them annoying or unlistenable, personally. They're OK in small doses. It's just the market they seem to symbolize. Nothing personal, though! It's clear that you dont fit into the category I'm referring to.
[Edited by Gazza]
December 20th, 2004 09:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
but why do some get so physically angry over The Eagles?

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ................Oh , sure ! :

December 20th, 2004 09:23 AM
gypsy
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ................Oh , sure ! :

I think they look really tough in that photo. Frey looks menacing, and Henley is pissed off and brooding over Walden's Pond.
December 20th, 2004 09:32 AM
Bloozehound Gazza, the only time I even hear the Eagles is if I'm listening to a "classic rock" type radio station and that's usually enough Eagles for me, but they don't bother me.

I think I even own a greatest hits album of theirs, but it hasn't seen the light of day in many, many years.

I find this anti-Eagles phenomena pretty amusing, I know they're not for everyone. I wasn't even aware it existed until I started posting here and I've been noticing little tinges of it elsewhere, so it's real, and it's reach is beyond Rocks Off.

I'm just curious as to what drives these guys passion to hate this band so bad, this is THE one band they love to hate.
December 20th, 2004 09:32 AM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I think they look really tough in that photo. Frey looks menacing, and Henley is pissed off and brooding over Walden's Pond.

http://oddsandsods.imdanet.com/whophotos14.htm
December 20th, 2004 09:33 AM
gypsy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

I'm just curious as to what drives these guys passion to hate this band so bad, this is THE one band they love to hate.

I think it has something to do with www.HoweMilitary.com.
December 20th, 2004 09:37 AM
Bloozehound gypsy if you had to pick one band to HATE, I mean like foaming at the mouth rabid dog mad, which band would it be?
December 20th, 2004 09:52 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well BH if you are looking for some sort of psycho-analitical type answer, I'll give you my 2 cents worth...and that's about all it's worth.

If your religion is Rock & Roll, then the Eagles are the antichrist. As any good christian hates satan, so do we hate the Eagles. Passionless people always evoke a strong negative reaction from people who are passionate. That's about as simple as I can put it.

Besides, like moonie says, they suck motherfuckin' dick.
December 20th, 2004 10:02 AM
Bloozehound who's worse u2 or the eagles?
December 20th, 2004 10:05 AM
marko If Bono is a twat,eagles is a group of twats.
December 20th, 2004 10:09 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
If Bono is a twat,eagles is a group of twats.

For My Baby Marko ............................

December 20th, 2004 10:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Well said Marko!

The Eagles are far far worse than U2. U2 will bang out a fine rock and roll song every now and again. The Eagles have NEVER, and will NEVER EVER bang out a fine rock and roll song.

That, and they suck motherfuckin' dick.
December 20th, 2004 10:18 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "Let hope inspire you, but let not idealism blind you. Proverb Don't look back, you can never look back."
Don Henley

December 20th, 2004 10:21 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
who's worse u2 or the eagles?

Easy answer - Bon Jovi!
December 20th, 2004 10:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"Let hope inspire you, but let not idealism blind you. Proverb Don't look back, you can never look back."
Don Henley

December 20th, 2004 10:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Joey...You are becoming SUCH a twat.
December 20th, 2004 10:24 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Easy answer - Bon Jovi!

Well at least Bon Jovi uses Duracell batteries to power his microphones.
December 20th, 2004 10:26 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Easy answer - Bon Jovi!

does bon jovi make you foam at the mouth, gazza?
December 20th, 2004 10:29 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
U2 will bang out a fine rock and roll song every now and again.

like which one?
December 20th, 2004 10:36 AM
Sir Stonesalot The new single...Vertigo. Good stuff. Elevation, from the last album, was pretty good too. U2 are capable.

The Eagles are incapable.

And they suck motherfuckin' dick.
December 20th, 2004 10:39 AM
marko Oh well,i tought Bon jovi uses Duracell batteries for
his dildo.
December 20th, 2004 10:46 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

does bon jovi make you foam at the mouth, gazza?

yes. What Sir Stonesalot says above about The Eagles is entirely how I feel about Bon Jovi.

They are the Taliban of rock 'n' roll. No, in fact they're the idiot bastard sons of both the Taliban and the Anti-Christ of rock 'n' roll.
December 20th, 2004 10:55 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They are the Taliban of rock 'n' roll. No, in fact they're the idiot bastard sons of both the Taliban and the Anti-Christ of rock 'n' roll.

LOL

That sounds like a pack of wicked dudes, wonder if they like the dirty sanchez
December 20th, 2004 11:16 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

LOL

That sounds like a pack of wicked dudes, wonder if they like the dirty sanchez

I hear they like the dirty snachez.

I hate the Eagles because people who went to my high school thought Hotel California was as "deep" as it got.

That and "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights".

And they really do suck motherfucking dick.

Page: 1 2 3
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood