ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Desperately seeking... Return to archive
12-29-03 03:08 AM
FotiniD .... this year's Milan gig on VIDEO. Does anyone have it? After a Flicks marathon this Christmas, I started thinking that I do reckon seeing many shows from this tour on DVD in people's collections. (Don't know how you guys get them!) I've also seen lots of people with video cameras in San Siro, so who knows...

So, if anyone's got a descent video of the show, I'd really love to trade. It may not be the best gig of the tour, but it was really special for me cause I got to travel from Greece to Italy on a ship for thirty hours and then another six hours by train to get to Milan to see the boys, so it has that very special feel

12-29-03 04:35 AM
FotiniD And my e-mail is: [email protected]

Please tell me someone out there has it on video
12-29-03 09:21 AM
glencar Sorry, no can do. Was the Milan show a good one?
12-29-03 09:33 AM
FotiniD Thanks anyway Glencar. I've already received some e-mails, thank you guys

Well, about the Milan gig, I can't really be objective on that one! It was my first Stones show in five years, the whole trip to get there was very fun, I was right at the b-stage next to Keith's mic and I was in seventh heaven! I really thoroughly enjoyed the gig and from the b-stage part onwards I was kind of... lost so yes, I think it was a great gig.

But like I said, not such an objective review!
12-29-03 09:37 AM
glencar Only 20 songs but a nice setlist:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Start Me Up
3. You Got Me Rocking
4. Don't Stop
5. Miss You
6. Out Of Control
7. Angie
8. You Can't Always Get What You Want
9. Tumbling Dice
--- Introductions
10. Thru And Thru (Keith)
11. Happy (Keith)
12. Sympathy For The Devil
13. It's Only Rock'n Roll (B-stage)
14. Mannish Boy (B-stage)
15. Like A Rolling Stone (B-stage)
16. Gimme Shelter
17. Honky Tonk Women
18. Street Fighting Man
19. Satisfaction
20. Jumping Jack Flash (encore)
12-29-03 09:57 AM
riccardo Hi,
I have it,e-mail me.
12-29-03 10:16 AM
FotiniD Thanks Riccardo, I will as soon as I get home from work
12-29-03 10:19 AM
FotiniD Gosh, reading the setlist hits me with memories! I can't describe you just how much of a lunatic I looked when we arrived at San Siro and I could hear the Stones from outside having a soundcheck! I was jumping around mumbling something between "GOD, it's Mick singing!" - "I'll faint, Keith's guitar!!!!" and dragging my friends and uncle&aunt to go queue up outside the gates Jesus, it felt like a Hollywood happy ending after whole five years! Ah, beautiful summer! I'll miss 2003...
[Edited by FotiniD]
12-29-03 10:31 AM
Moonisup well Glencar, 20 songs was very rare in Europe, I remember uh Munich 20 songs and paris 22, and the Amsterdam Arena 20 songs, the rest was mostly 19 songs or less.

rik
12-29-03 10:33 AM
Jumacfly Hey Fotinid, seems you ve find what you were looking for!!
cheers
Ju
12-29-03 10:37 AM
glencar Rik, the first show in Boston 2002 was 23 songs, I believe. Dublin was 20 songs each night. The Boys must be getting tired.
12-29-03 10:38 AM
glencar Yikes! I have to correct myself. Only 22 songs in Boston & only 19 at each Dublin show. Back in the 80s they did 25, 26 songs a night.
12-29-03 10:53 AM
Moonisup 28 songs in 1989
12-29-03 11:02 AM
glencar When did they get so tired? The songs are a bit extended these days but the shows are about 20 minutes shorter.