ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New guitar....i need your advice Return to archive
12-28-03 08:18 PM
Flashpoint Hi everyone!

I'm going to purchase my first electric guitar so i need some advice here.
i will definitely tune the guitar in open G (maybe another tuning in the future)and i think maybe i need to know something about the characteristics must the guitar have to do this (strings size?) and which brand name guitars you recommed apart from Fender or Gibson..any help i'd appreciate

Thanks in advance
12-28-03 09:17 PM
Soul Survivor If this is your first electric, I suggest tuning it to Standard to start off. You can tune to open G on pretty much any guitar. Check out some Epiphones
12-29-03 11:46 AM
voodoopug agreed when it comes to learning in standard tuning. Keep it in E at first to get the feel of chords and progressions and such.

Shecter makes a great sounding guitar at a good price, also, some epiphones sound nice (i like the big red DOT as far as blues sound goes)
12-29-03 11:48 AM
telecaster Eveyone is correct, stick with E tuning for now

The Epiphones are nice and affordable for begineers
12-30-03 06:35 AM
SirMuddy Hi Flashpoint & everybody...
Welcome in the 5-strings gunners' club!

If you're thinking for 5 strings...
Telecaster is doing a great job for Keith...

I got a Squier (Telecaster, 1952)that's is doing it great for me... I put an old 50's DeArmond on Neck and a Seymour Duncan Tex-Mex on Bridge...

And don't forget the amp...
You gotta have tube somewhere in it...
Peavey DeltaBlues 210 is doing it well for me...

For Tuning, do what you want...
Every Tuning is a new land to explore!

Jah bless yall!