ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ready Steady Go - I Got You Babe Return to archive
12-27-03 12:23 PM
T&A Have you seen the hilarious mimed version of Sonny & Cher's I Got You Babe from one of their '65 Ready Steady Go performances?

Watched it last night a new dvd compilation i got for xmas. It's hysterical! I fell on the floor laughing. Keith plays Tuba, Charlie dances with Bill...Brian plays Sonny....it goes on and on. Thought I had seen it all!
12-27-03 12:27 PM
egon what kind of compilation is it?

is it sonny, cher and the stones together that perform?
12-27-03 12:30 PM
T&A it's a 2-dvd set of TV performances from 64-66 (bootleg). Great stuff.

no, this performance is a lip-synched version over the Sonny & Cher track - words cannot do this justice - it must be seen to be believed. I'm a fairly good scholar of 60's Stones stuff and I had never even heard of this...
12-27-03 12:31 PM
egon trying to find it now on kazaa...
12-27-03 12:44 PM
Monkey Woman See it here:
http://www.channeledbymodem.com/realaudio/rsgbabe_rtsp.ram
Hilarious!
12-27-03 12:46 PM
egon ok, i've downlodaded it but with which program do i play it????
12-27-03 12:50 PM
egon help me monkey girl
12-27-03 12:50 PM
Monkey Woman It's a Real Audio / Real One Player file. It should also work with Windows Media Player.
12-27-03 12:52 PM
egon well it does not work with windows meadiaplayer
12-27-03 12:55 PM
egon will have to download realplayer, but that thing comes with spyware which me no like!
12-27-03 12:58 PM
Monkey Woman Don't panic! Here's a link to Real Player:
http://www.real.com/
Click on Free Real One Player then Download. You can also choose the language.

BTW, the 1st link I gave you is for streaming video. There's somewhere on the net a software for downloading and saving to disc the Real Audio files, but i don't know where to find it at the moment.
12-27-03 12:59 PM
Monkey Woman Oh, and about spywares, there are ways to erase them. For instance, use Ad-Aware or some other antispy software. Go to Download.com for a selection...
12-27-03 01:01 PM
egon thanks little monkey

but when i click on that link, it askes me to open the program (if i do so nothing happens) or to save it on my pc
(after which i need to realplayer to play it)

guess i'll have to pass on this one

for your info:
http://download.com.com/3302-2139_4-10153493.html
12-27-03 01:02 PM
egon if i use ad-aware (which i have) will it completely clean the installed real player....? i doubt it.
12-27-03 01:08 PM
Monkey Woman Did you try iTunes? For my part, I've used the "real" Real Player for ages without problems. Adaware is useful to "clean" the disc from time to time (say once a week) of accumulated cookies and spyware, but it doesn't work as an uninstaller. The thing is that most "free" software have built-in information gathering devices. The same is true of lots of websites who ask you personal info for registering. But you can generally choose a "minimum" option, telling them to NOT send your e-mail addy to 3rd party companies, etc. And periodical cleanings of the disk get rid of most of the trouble.
12-27-03 01:11 PM
Monkey Woman I got you Mick -- er, babe!

12-27-03 02:16 PM
Stonesprofessor I havent seen that in ages....fucking HYSTERICAL!!
12-28-03 11:54 AM
Honky Tonk Man This little joke was in fact maybe the very first Stones footage i ever saw. When i was about 7 or 8 years old they showed repeats of Ready Steady Go! They were not the actual full episodes, more like compilations put together by Dave Clark, which explains why there are so many fuckin' terribele Dave Clark 5 clips!

It is funny stuff though, bloody silly! I think they closed that show with a really distorted Satisfaction.

Alex
12-28-03 02:17 PM
swapwoodfortaylor What an incredible show that used to be despite miming! The closing credits (from memory) used to show a roller coaster with 'Goin Home' being run in the background. A massively underrated 'tune'!
12-28-03 03:36 PM
T&A HTM:

You are correct - the closed with a killer Satisfaction - one of the wilder ones I've heard from that era. Also a very cool THSMLI....
12-28-03 09:11 PM
glencar The Disney Channel used to show old Ready Steady Go! shows back in the 80s. I could the video one night while channel surfing. Funny, funny stuff.
12-29-03 05:03 PM
FPM C10 It's so funny that this is a topic this holiday season - I just showed this clip to some friends on Xmas day. It was the first I'd watched it in quite some time. How hilarious to see the bad bad Stones being so cuddly, even if they're trying to be bad. I also like the fact that Andrew feels the need to get in on the action.
12-29-03 06:45 PM
glencar What's Oldham up to these days?
12-29-03 11:23 PM
Scottfree I have to thank you for that'un....classic