ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Red Hot Chili Peppers Live DVD Return to archive
12-27-03 09:36 AM
crb69 "Live at Slane Castle" is the best I've ever seen them live. If you like RHCP at all, I really think you fellow Stones fans would love this show. John's guitar work is inovative and the whole band rocks in front of 80,000 fans. The best thing about this recent August show is that they played creatively and added different intros and endings to their songs like the Stones used to do live. I guess you never know what you'll get with this band's musicianship. I really feel they have just begun to evolve into a great band with their past 2 CD's. They have truely cleaned up and started to focus on the music now.

Check it out!
12-27-03 10:36 AM
full moon I have it and you are right. There is someone here with taste........
12-27-03 11:38 AM
Mr. D I def agree that theyve just begun to evolve into a great band with "californication" and "by the way". "Blood,sugar..." was excellent, but i saw that as them fully mastering their old sound, then they found it was time to move on to something new, They tried "one hot minute", which i do like, but then when Fruciante came back, they took everything to another level. The Chili Peppers are 20 years going, yet they're just beginning.
12-28-03 07:24 AM
crb69 After seeing the Slane video I was disappointed that I missed them on this past tour because I really dig "By the Way". It's just the past few times I caught some live footage of them on the tube I thought Anthony's singing was kind of off key. Maybe they had bad monitors that night??? Anyway, I'm glad to see some other folks get into the new DVD & agree that they're Red Hot!
12-28-03 12:19 PM
Gazza I'll probably get that DVD in the next couple of days with the "gift vouchers" I got for Christmas.

I would have been at that Slane show only for a prior engagement the same weekend at Twickenham with a bunch of renegades from the Dartford area. Its strange that both shows ended up being released on DVD the same week! Its a good location for a concert. Oddly enough, this time last year it was the Stones who were being touted as the probable headline act for Slane 2003. Its also the venue where I saw them for the first time - back in 1982.

I always liked the Chili Peppers in small doses up until a couple of years ago. I suppose its fashionable to give them a bit of shit because their last two albums have sold in such huge quantities and made them more "accessible", but the fact is they've improved as a band in every way in that time. "By The Way" is IMO the best album of this decade so far, with the possible exception of "The Rising", and for someone like me to mention it in the same breath as a Bruce album plus Dylan's "Love and Theft" that speaks volumes.
12-28-03 01:12 PM
Factory Girl LOL, G... Those damn renegades from Dartford.

I like RHCP ok, but the sock thingy always left me cold.
12-28-03 06:09 PM
crb69 Wow Gazza, that sucks that you could have gone to the Peppers' show at Slane and then Mick canceled the August 23rd Twickenham show on you. I hope you attended the 4 Flicks show there the next day...