ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

RCA Studios. Los Ángeles, CA - May 18, 1965
© 2002
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marilyn Manson and the Stones Return to archive
12-26-03 01:51 PM
morocco We've had Dave Matthews onstage with the Stones. That didn't really work

We've had Justin Timberlake with the Stones. That really didn't work.

How about Marilyn Manson onstage with Mick and Keith? That would work.

I'd like to see them do a version of Sympathy For The Devil together, with Mick and Marilyn sharing a microphone.
[Edited by morocco]
12-26-03 01:53 PM
SHINE A LIGHT you have never been to a stones' concert, and now you are telling them with whom to play????
12-26-03 01:59 PM
egon

[/quote]

no it wouldn't. now go to bed!
12-26-03 02:00 PM
LadyJane Now that would be interesting.

Hey SAL....what happened to that nap you were gonna take??

If you need some Sominex I'd be happy to send you a crate!!

LJ.
12-26-03 02:04 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
morocco wrote:

I'd like to seem do a version of Sympathy For The Devil together, with Mick and Marilyn sharing a microphone.

What???? Marilyn "we've seen it all" Manson? I hardly think so. Even Justin Timberlake isn't as boring and con artist as some flake who uses the Devil to make himself seem to be something he's not. He's just a Jakco with a horn costume...fuck him.
12-26-03 02:14 PM
morocco
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

What???? Marilyn "we've seen it all" Manson? I hardly think so. Even Justin Timberlake isn't as boring and con artist as some flake who uses the Devil to make himself seem to be something he's not. He's just a Jakco with a horn costume...fuck him.

I'm not making any great claims for the talent of Marilyn Manson. I do think he's a great shock entertainer and puts out great album covers and t-shirts. He also looks great onstage and puts on a show.

You don't think Marilyn and Mick would be great to watch? Imagine Marilyn starting the line, "Please allow me to introduce myself...."

I'm just talking about entertainment and a great show, that's all. I didn't suggest that Manson become the fifth Rolling Stone. It's all about juxtaposition, irony, history, and rock and roll.
12-26-03 02:24 PM
egon why not robbie williams and the stones... or status quo?
12-26-03 03:04 PM
JaggaRichards What next?
A duet between Mick and McCartney?

Just the Stones please-no more insipid guests!
12-26-03 07:57 PM
ChrisEditor Actually, in '97 at the Orange Bowl the Smashing Pumpkins opened for the Stones and brought Mr. Manson out on stage for a couple of songs. So, pretty close there...
12-26-03 08:31 PM
Some Guy Wow
12-27-03 12:19 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I think you're running out of inane questions.

It's one thing to be the new guy and have questions, but I think from your posting style you seem to know more than you let on (as in "I don't want to hear Ronnie Wood sing" and repeating it when it got a reaction, the boy band comment... there's much less to you than there appears).

I was the new kid once and this place was the place to be, and everyone'll be happy to answer any questions - but you seem to have all the answers long before you post. Your posts are styled to get a reaction out of people, nothing more.

You want to sit down and talk about the Stones with some of the brightest, funniest, wackiest people on the 'net? This is the place to do it. You want to be a jerk and flood the board just to get attention? This ain't the place for it.

Please, man, let it be, huh?

-tSYX --- Only rock'n'roll...
12-27-03 12:46 AM
BILL PERKS THIS GUY IS TORTURE...HOW ABOUT DANNY BONADUCE DUETING WITH MICK ON "HIDE YOUR LOVE"
12-27-03 01:22 AM
fmk438j Small trivia point:

When M. Manson guest programed a music clip show here in OZ some 4 years ago (ABC's 'Rage') he included 2000 Light Years.
12-27-03 06:42 AM
morocco
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
You want to be a jerk and flood the board just to get attention? This ain't the place for it.

Please, man, let it be, huh?

-tSYX --- Only rock'n'roll...

This message forum is designed to discuss various aspects of the Rolling Stones. If you prefer instead to draw attention to yourself with your rude and acerbic comments, I fear you're missing the point and intent of this message board.

If you can't add to this thread as some of the other informed posters have done, "let it be, huh"?
[Edited by morocco]
12-27-03 06:47 AM
Steel Wheels If I had to see the Stones with guests, how about Jimmy Page? They could do One Hit To The Body and bring the house down.

You know what I'd really like to see? Just Mick, Ronnie, Keef, Charlie and Darryl. a 5 piece rock and roll show.
12-27-03 06:54 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
morocco wrote:

This message forum is designed to discuss various aspects of the Rolling Stones. If you prefer instead to draw attention to yourself with your rude and acerbic comments, I fear you're missing the point and intent of this message board.

If you can't add to this thread as some of the other informed posters have done, "let it be, huh"?

How entertaining! Look who's talking! Morocco seemed intent to have us thinking he was a cute little newbie, when of course he was a jerk all the time. Now, the guy is going to learn us how to behave on line. Are we having a Dr Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde situation here? It would be funny if it wasn't pathetic. No, come to think of it, it IS funny. Hilarious, even.

As a public service, I'll give again the link to the Flame Warriors page. A thinking netizen guide to the wonders and perils of the WWW.

http://www.flamewarriors.com/
12-27-03 07:01 AM
morocco
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
How entertaining! Look who's talking! Morocco seemed intent to have us thinking he was a cute little newbie, when of course he was a jerk all the time. Now, the guy is going to learn us how to behave on line.
http://www.flamewarriors.com/

Monkey Person, I may not know as much about the Stones as some of the "elite" on this message board, but I can recognize it when people like you go out of their way to hurt another's feelings. From now on, I turn the other cheek to you in the interest of peace and harmony on this message board.
[Edited by morocco]
12-27-03 07:03 AM
Monkey Woman My heart is bleeding for ya.
12-27-03 09:38 AM
Lambchop Morocco is now my favorite poster.

You all are just too funny!

12-27-03 10:46 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff I'd like Marilyn Monroe with the Stones, meanwhile they're playng Melody...
12-27-03 10:58 AM
nankerphelge Can't we just put morocco and SAL in a cyber room somewhere and let them enlighten each other?

Dare to dream...

12-27-03 11:03 AM
Monkey Woman Are you sure they wouldn't... breed? *ugh*
12-27-03 06:45 PM
mickmask people! people!...keep the love!!!!!!.. now that that's off my chest... I'd love to hear/see Mick do anything with Steve Tyler. Guess I'm just into lips or somfin!!!!!
12-27-03 11:53 PM
Soul Survivor What is the point of this thread
12-28-03 10:49 PM
glencar Man, I just ripped a nice one! Hiya Moronocco!